Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Amazing Spider-man 63 Preview is up interesting.

Astonishing Member

It is interesting that Strange’s arch enemy Mordo is popping up. I wonder if this is a Mephisto tie in?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    It is interesting that Strange’s arch enemy Mordo is popping up. I wonder if this is a Mephisto tie in?
    No, it seems like Kingpin's contracting Mordo for purposes that have nothing to do with Strange or Mephisto, although considering Kindred's suspected connection to Mephisto via One More Day and all . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

[QUOTE=Huntsman Spider;5464866]No, it seems like Kingpin's contracting Mordo for purposes that have nothing to do with Strange or Mephisto, although considering Kindred's suspected connection to Mephisto via One More Day and all . . .[/QUOTE
    The Supernatural aspect to Mordo is something that cannot be overlooked (,especially because both Strange and Mephisto appeared in the previous issue). I am of the opinion that Fisk is just a small piece of the story and after the Tablet saga is over, he will be returning to Daredevil. My prediction is we will know this entire story is coming to an end when the solicits hint at or outright say Otto is coming back.

Astonishing Member

What is this 12+ Only Age Rating listed under the credits? I started reading Spidey as an 8 year old and understood it, loved it and was hooked by it. Growing up most of my friends who read comics got hooked on the Marvel and DC heroes way before they turned 12. What is this crap about trying to exclude the traditional beginner reader base of the comic? There’s nothing in these comics that would traumatize a 10 year old or anything.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    What is this 12+ Only Age Rating listed under the credits? I started reading Spidey as an 8 year old and understood it, loved it and was hooked by it. Growing up most of my friends who read comics got hooked on the Marvel and DC heroes way before they turned 12. What is this crap about trying to exclude the traditional beginner reader base of the comic? There’s nothing in these comics that would traumatize a 10 year old or anything.
    It is typical Disney BS like disclaimers on the Muppets. This is the kind of trash that made me cancel Disney Plus.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    It is typical Disney BS like disclaimers on the Muppets. This is the kind of trash that made me cancel Disney Plus.
    It’s counterproductive from a business sense too. The comic division of Marvel has been in dire straits for years. They’re bleeding money because they have had such a hard time hooking younger readers like they used to. How is this supposed to help? Most kids have their comics purchased by their parents. It won’t stop all such purchases, but some ‘Karens’ will see these silly age ratings and decide not to buy Marvel comics for their 10 or 11 year olds now.

Astonishing Member

It’s counterproductive from a business sense too. The comic division of Marvel has been in dire straits for years. They’re bleeding money because they have had such a hard time hooking younger readers like they used to. How is this supposed to help? Most kids have their comics purchased by their parents. It won’t stop all such purchases, but some ‘Karens’ will see these silly age ratings and decide not to buy Marvel comics for their 10 or 11 year olds now.
    That is actually secondary. Why? Comics are a “Loss Leader” for companies like Marvel. They know the core comic buyer are males, and thus, not many are buying Captain Marvel comics on a consistent basis. However, it does not bother them in the least. Why? They made a trainload of money off of all the kids ( especially girls) and their families seeing her at the Box Office. Even Spider-Man. So what if they lose a few subscribers. Why? Look at how much they make off of merchandising and cartoons. Sad to say, Disney as long as they dominate the box office and streaming, will continue to slap disclaimers on their products, treat their history like crap ( making it harder for kids to see Dumbo and Peter Pan) and run the kind of Politically Correct movies I detest such as musicals ( my absolute least favorite genre).
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 04-02-2021 at 06:10 PM.

Guys don't start complaining about the 12+ rating. One it's on the back of the book at the very bottom so a parent won't notice it regardless. Two, this isn't the first Spider-Man book to be 12+.

Baron Mordo, is this the first time in the comics that any of Spider-Man's enemies contacted him? I know Doc-Ock used him in the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern_Maker View Post
    Guys don't start complaining about the 12+ rating. One it's on the back of the book at the very bottom so a parent won't notice it regardless. Two, this isn't the first Spider-Man book to be 12+.

Baron Mordo, is this the first time in the comics that any of Spider-Man's enemies contacted him? I know Doc-Ock used him in the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon.
    I don't think it's the first time he's been involved in a Spider-Man adventure, at the very least.

Baron Mordo and HobGoblin had a team up in Symbiote Spider-Man: Alien Reality. Causing the 'alien reality' from the title.

Astonishing Member

Sorry, but I can complain about it if I want. Perhaps you’re right and it won’t get noticed much, but at one point some empty suit decided that a traditionally kid-friendly book like Spider-Man needed an advisory not to be read by anyone younger than a teenager and that annoys me a bit as getting into Spidey is a formative part of many childhoods including my own (now, can special minis with more mature content like Life Story or Reign have advisories? Sure. But this is ASM, the flagship book). But for the sake of harmony, I’ll move on for now... perhaps I’ll start my own thread about it.
    Last edited by HypnoHustler; 04-02-2021 at 07:22 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Sorry, but I can complain about it if I want. Perhaps you’re right and it won’t get noticed much, but at one point some empty suit decided that a traditionally kid-friendly book like Spider-Man needed an advisory not to be read by anyone younger than a teenager and that annoys me a bit as getting into Spidey is a formative part of many childhoods including my own (now, can special minis with more mature content like Life Story or Reign have advisories? Sure. But this is ASM, the flagship book). But for the sake of harmony, I’ll move on for now... perhaps I’ll start my own thread about it.
    Is it just for this one issue or for the series.Maybe this issue will have mature stuff like the sin-eater offing himself

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Is it just for this one issue or for the series.Maybe this issue will have mature stuff like the sin-eater offing himself
    I happen to think this Rating and declaimers will be the norm. There have been plenty of Post Drug Issues ( they ended the Comics Code), that are not exactly Disney ( not just Sin Eater). Kraven’s Last Hunt and the Silk Sex issues of Amazing just to name two. Increasingly movies have disclaimers like Outmoded Cultural Depiction, smoking, drinking even sex with married couples popped up on Amazon Prime.This is tge PC Thought Police and lawyers at work I can see them actually going back and saying Strong Sexual Content on reprints of the Silk Issues.
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 04-03-2021 at 03:03 AM.

Fantastic Member

lmao marvel has had comic ratings since the early 2000s when they made X-Statix, with four tiers of ratings mirroring movie ratings of G/PG/PG-13/R. Usually it's under "T+" but sometimes solicited as 12+, it's nothing new, and really the only time its printed is if it was a Mature Audiences title(something like Immortal Hulk) or a MAX title. If youve been reading comics for the past 20 years there has always been a rating on it, you only decided to notice it now.