Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    All-New Member MarshallBravestarr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Maybe having them fight against each other never made sense in the first place
    No disagreements there. I think Snyder should have done a straightforward team up, “Superman AND Batman: Dawn of Justice”, instead of vs each other. Doing a more straightforward team up would’ve set up Justice League better I think. I was more speaking to the idea of Snyder had his mind made up to do a movie version of the “The Dark Knight Returns”, then he should have done that movie, and not throw in all the extra stuff.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Dawn of Justice sounds like a flick involving a young Chuck Norris, not something you spend money on.
    When it comes to Batman fighting Superman... After Frank Miller did it the brawl between them unfortunately looked like a good idea to some
    The thing is, for most of their history, they were allies and friends. So ignoring that for a few brief moments of history in their live action universe seems odd

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    The thing is, for most of their history, they were allies and friends. So ignoring that for a few brief moments of history in their live action universe seems odd
    There are so many out of left field decisions with BvS it boggles the mind. It seems the most important creative goal was to be different and consequences be damned

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    There are so many out of left field decisions with BvS it boggles the mind. It seems the most important creative goal was to be different and consequences be damned
    Sadly it seems so. IMO Snyder struggles with showing positive emotions

Quote Originally Posted by MarshallBravestarr View Post
    No disagreements there. I think Snyder should have done a straightforward team up, “Superman AND Batman: Dawn of Justice”, instead of vs each other. Doing a more straightforward team up would’ve set up Justice League better I think. I was more speaking to the idea of Snyder had his mind made up to do a movie version of the “The Dark Knight Returns”, then he should have done that movie, and not throw in all the extra stuff.
    How much creative control did he have over the story?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    How much creative control did he have over the story?
    He didn't get a credit but I'm sure he layed out the direction he wanted the film to go.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarshallBravestarr View Post
    Yes, I thought bringing in Doomsday ruined the movie. I found the conflict between Superman and Batman the most interesting part of the movie. Get rid of Lex, WW, Doomsday, the nightmare fired scene, and find a better resolution than the cosmically stupid “Martha”.

I think the movie would’ve been much better by being trimmed down like that.
    Well I won't say Doomsday ruined the movie completely but it felt more like WB wanted the thick box check of big comic book battle, which by the way has always proven to be not needed, We see this issue again with the final battle of Wonder Woman 2017.

But you are are right that the Superman and Batman conflict was the most interesting, though a different dynamic to Xavier or Magneto, it did fall in that line of serious compelling comic book drama which is what makes the film still work as a whole.

As for Martha, I never understood the massive outrage, sure it could have been handled better...Superman could have said, please try and save my mother. her name is Martha Kent but people made a big deal out of it and pretended they did not understand what Snyder was trying to do. At this point, it felt as if anyone was finding anything to mock a Snyder film because they were hell bent in destroying the man professionally.

The Martha scene was no where near as bad as Storm asking do you know what happens to a Toad when it gets struck by lightening in X-Men 1 but Martha is the worst dialogue ever in a comic book film with high stakes battle scene following a more darker serious tone? Give me a break.
    Last edited by Castle; 04-07-2021 at 02:49 AM.