Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Space Jam 2

I guess it could be just for the trailer but I think you hear the new Space Jam theme interspersed throughout the trailer when Lebron first enters the digital world.

One thing I know is that the Space Jam Theme has been mash up with pretty much any song. It's madness how many songs the Space Jam theme has been mash up with.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 04-05-2021 at 03:54 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Mighty Member

This...I'm not sure what to think. Lebron can't act. I know he's playing a version of himself, but his voice is too monotone. Plus changing the Looney Tunes to be hip and cool, like with Tweety Birds grandma saying she's going to kick butt at the end of the trailer, is really forced and awkward. #Release the Malcom D. Lee directors cut. I want to his his version with Pepe Le Pew inserted back in and Elmer Fudd using his guns.

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    This...I'm not sure what to think. Lebron can't act. I know he's playing a version of himself, but his voice is too monotone. Plus changing the Looney Tunes to be hip and cool, like with Tweety Birds grandma saying she's going to kick butt at the end of the trailer, is really forced and awkward. #Release the Malcom D. Lee directors cut. I want to his his version with Pepe Le Pew inserted back in and Elmer Fudd using his guns.
    I don't remember seeing Elmer Fudd in this trailer, but Yosemite Sam shot the hell out of that ball with his guns...

Ultimate Member

Isn't Pepe considered problematic because his actions appear to be sexual harassment?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Isn't Pepe considered problematic because his actions appear to be sexual harassment?
    Apparently the cut scene would have taken place at a Casablanca-like bar with Pepe as Rick. He starts to kiss the actress’ hand and she tosses him across the room and lets him know that that behavior is not ok. So the scene would have pointed out that grabbing random women, kissing them, and saying you want to make love to them is not cool. I think it would have been much better to leave the scene in to make the point rather than just cutting it out and erasing the character.
    Last edited by Robotman; 04-05-2021 at 12:43 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Apparently the cut scene would have taken place at a Casablanca-like bar with Pepe as Nick. He starts to kiss the actress’ hand and she tosses him across the room and lets him know that that behavior is not ok. So the scene would have pointed out that grabbing random women, kissing them, and saying you want to make love to them is not cool. I think it would have been much better to leave the scene in to make the point rather than just cutting it out and erasing the character.
    Oh, I didn't even know such a scene existed

So the scene was a little different than I remember when I first read about it but the gist is the same.

https://deadline.com/2021/03/pepe-le...sy-1234708688/

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    More info on cameos watching the game.

Animaniacs confirmed!

Planets seen--

Game of thrones
    Wizard of oz
    Matrix
    DC comics
    Hanna-barbera
    Noir world with maltise falcon
    Hollywood world

Cameos include--

1989 jack jocker (so two jokers in the film?)
    the mask
    pennywise
    the nun
    jason from friday the 13th
    animaniacs
    frank jr
    all the thundercats
    captain caveman
    clockwork orange
    mad max fury road cast
    wicked witch and dorthey from oz
    game of thrones dragon
    flinstones
    jetsons
    peter potamus
    yogi bear and bo bo
    wacky races
    wonder woman amazons
    iron giant
    zorro
    jabberjaw
    space ghost
    arnold as mr freeze!
    Morgilla grill
    Smallfoot cast
    King kong
    Lora croft (???)
    Herculoids
    Baby jane
    Zod from superman
    Danny as the batman returns penquin
    Goonies
    Dyno-mutt
    blue falcon
    scooby-doo gang
    What may be death from bill and ted (not confirmed)
    Robin, both 66 catwoman and batman returns catwoman and other batman cast
    Harry potter cast
    Fox back as marty from back to the future!!!!
    Teen titans
    Back up:

pennywise
    clockwork orange

And this is OK?

But Pepe Le Pew is wrong?
    Also as a hispanic i find the removal of Speedy Gonzales to be rather ill thought and unwelcomed. Just needed to point that out for my own catharsis.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Back up:

pennywise
    clockwork orange

And this is OK?

But Pepe Le Pew is wrong?
    Also as a hispanic i find the removal of Speedy Gonzales to be rather ill thought and unwelcomed. Just needed to point that out for my own catharsis.
    Those three are easy to miss background characters, not characters with roles or lines.
    Also they removed Speedy too? Got damn but people are just too sensitive for Looney Tunes.

Speedy is still in it at least as of two days ago, voiced by Gabriel "Fluffy" Iglesias. I can't find anything that says the character has been cut, just Iglesias commenting on the controversy from last month.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Speedy is still in it at least as of two days ago, voiced by Gabriel "Fluffy" Iglesias. I can't find anything that says the character has been cut, just Iglesias commenting on the controversy from last month.
    Personally i don't see why there needs to be any controversy at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Those three are easy to miss background characters, not characters with roles or lines.
    Also they removed Speedy too? Got damn but people are just too sensitive for Looney Tunes.
    I don't know about that, a lot of comments i see on the trailer make note of them and they aren't happy about it when in relation to the controversies brought up against Pepe and Speedy. Though so far Slowpoke Rodriguez remains untouched...so far.

Mighty Member

The Pepe thing I don't get. The joke with the character is he's trying to romance a cat who he thinks is another skunk but the thing is, he's a skunk. She's trying to get away from him because of his smell.

The Pepe thing I don't get. The joke with the character is he's trying to romance a cat who he thinks is another skunk but the thing is, he's a skunk. She's trying to get away from him because of his smell.
    Historically hes shown as a persistent stalker that does not take a no and its shown as a funny thing. Apparently he would had gotten a deserved whupping in that cut scene for his behavior but some people are just immune to such context.

I mean you don't wanna have problematic characters in your movie, do you?

:P