Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28
  1. #1
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,356

    Default Suicide Squad #2 Preview

    Suicide Squad #2 Preview
    Writer: Robbie Thompson
    Artist: Eduardo Pansica


  2. #2
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    7,229

    Default

    Which team is this?

  3. #3
    Extraordinary Member sifighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,544

    Default

    I think that’s supposed to be a reference to the Charlton Comics era.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

  4. #4
    Mighty Member Kaijudo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Which team is this?
    That's from the godawful L.A.W. miniseries. Avoid at all costs. I'm almost surprised/disappointed they're acknowledging it, especially since I think that Peacemaker was a different person in that series (Christopher Smith had been killed by Eclipso at that time). And Nightshade and Judomaster have since both been changed around. Guess they're looping it all into the single timeline narrative now.

    Seriously, I love the Charlton characters, but DO NOT READ that mini. I'm doing you a favor, trust me.

  5. #5
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    7,229

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    That's from the godawful L.A.W. miniseries. Avoid at all costs. I'm almost surprised/disappointed they're acknowledging it, especially since I think that Peacemaker was a different person in that series (Christopher Smith had been killed by Eclipso at that time). And Nightshade and Judomaster have since both been changed around. Guess they're looping it all into the single timeline narrative now.

    Seriously, I love the Charlton characters, but DO NOT READ that mini. I'm doing you a favor, trust me.
    Heh. Sounds like they just skimmed the history

  6. #6
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    That's from the godawful L.A.W. miniseries. Avoid at all costs. I'm almost surprised/disappointed they're acknowledging it, especially since I think that Peacemaker was a different person in that series (Christopher Smith had been killed by Eclipso at that time). And Nightshade and Judomaster have since both been changed around. Guess they're looping it all into the single timeline narrative now.

    Seriously, I love the Charlton characters, but DO NOT READ that mini. I'm doing you a favor, trust me.
    This man is not kidding. Wow, that was a dumb mini.

    The Peacemaker armor introduced was the only okay part of it, and that ain't saying much (I think it kinda looked neat)

  7. #7
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    65,358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    This man is not kidding. Wow, that was a dumb mini.

    The Peacemaker armor introduced was the only okay part of it, and that ain't saying much (I think it kinda looked neat)
    If that picture is indicative...it seemed a product of its time .

  8. #8
    Mighty Member Jody Garland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If that picture is indicative...it seemed a product of its time .
    Here's the thing... It's from the year 2000! It feels like high '90s but came well after the crash. It's pretty weird.

    Looking foreword to this, since I liked the first issue a bunch. It's not Ostrander, but is anyone but him?

  9. #9
    Extraordinary Member Robotman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    8,972

    Default

    Spoilers



    So it looks like Waller is using the F-list expendable villains to create her own Justice League. She already has her Super person and Talon will be her stand in for Batman. Now the next piece of the puzzle is a Flash. Interesting. I hope it doesn’t just end up being the same roster as the Future State team and there are a few surprises. Like maybe she goes after Artemis or Grace for her Amazon member.

  10. #10
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    65,358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Spoilers



    So it looks like Waller is using the F-list expendable villains to create her own Justice League. She already has her Super person and Talon will be her stand in for Batman. Now the next piece of the puzzle is a Flash. Interesting. I hope it doesn’t just end up being the same roster as the Future State team and there are a few surprises. Like maybe she goes after Artemis or Grace for her Amazon member.
    Isn't it supposed to be Bolt? That's what the Titans/Suicide Squad crossover is for?

  11. #11
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Spoilers



    So it looks like Waller is using the F-list expendable villains to create her own Justice League. She already has her Super person and Talon will be her stand in for Batman. Now the next piece of the puzzle is a Flash. Interesting. I hope it doesn’t just end up being the same roster as the Future State team and there are a few surprises. Like maybe she goes after Artemis or Grace for her Amazon member.
    I miss Tom Taylor. He replaced most of the cast with his pet characters, and it was still better than this dreck. I actually wish for synergy, letting the Squad just squad.

    Waller replacing the league? On what level isn't that stupid?

  12. #12
    Extraordinary Member sifighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,544

    Default

    It may be Bolt she’s after but solicitations say she gets Red X....but let’s wait and see how that all plays out.

    But yeah after the first two issues I’ve basically come to realize that Waller has amassed some very unknown names so that she can basically gain a power base of heavy hitters. What that will end up looking like remains to be seen.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

  13. #13
    Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,253

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I miss Tom Taylor. He replaced most of the cast with his pet characters, and it was still better than this dreck. I actually wish for synergy, letting the Squad just squad.

    Waller replacing the league? On what level isn't that stupid?
    You don't think an evil JL is exciting? Thank God! It was only the plot of the Ayer movie than we got the Rebirth JL vs SS. Can't wait for DC to give me more unappealing SS runs

  14. #14
    Kon-El "The Scion" SuperX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    884

    Default

    I wonder how this would have went over if the team wasn't in a suicide squad book and had its own name?

    So far this looks like fun, I'm looking at it as it's own thing, nkt a continuation of something from the past to compare it too.

    And it has superboy in it, you can't go wrong with thst folks.
    Where is my damn Tactile Telekinesis?
    - Conner Kent /kon-el

  15. #15
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    You don't think an evil JL is exciting? Thank God! It was only the plot of the Ayer movie than we got the Rebirth JL vs SS. Can't wait for DC to give me more unappealing SS runs
    I think it's dumb on every level.

    We the readers know it'll never come to pass

    In terms of internal logic, there's no reason for the real Justice League, and their dozens of allies, to support it

    And from a story telling point of view, we've already 'seen' it in Days of Future Past. Sorry, Future Slate.

    I don't know why they can't just have the Squad doing secret, dirty missions

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •