Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I think it makes sense to an extent, because lately Waller has found herself on the receiving end of big crisis type events with no real way to handle anything so her wanting a line-up of her own that she can send into big events makes a lot of sense to me. That said maybe you should just created a Zod clone or something, because I doubt Conner is going to play ball and I doubt Superman is going to be happy about her having him.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Loved this. The 1st issue was my favorite from Infinite Frontier and this second issue continues that.

Amazing art. I really like the strong personality clashes between Waller, Peacemaker and Connor. Great action. Love the obscure villains and has some good humor. I chuckled a few times.

This is the first SS series I've picked up and I am not disappointed. I guess all it took was to get Harley out of there.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I think it's dumb on every level.

We the readers know it'll never come to pass

In terms of internal logic, there's no reason for the real Justice League, and their dozens of allies, to support it

And from a story telling point of view, we've already 'seen' it in Days of Future Past. Sorry, Future Slate.

I don't know why they can't just have the Squad doing secret, dirty missions
    Fully agreeing with all your points.

SS should be like Eagle Has Landed or Eagle of the Black Order yet DC refuses to use espionage or politics. The difference between JL and SS is a thin layer of coat
    Last edited by batnbreakfast; 04-07-2021 at 08:09 AM.

Jeez so this can't be it's own thing without those decrying it as terrible, when it's obviously pretty good so far.

Sure creating a justice squad comic series would be easier for you to ignore, but how about ignoring it if you can't handle the premise and then coming back when you know it'll be back to what your into
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Jeez so this can't be it's own thing without those decrying it as terrible, when it's obviously pretty good so far.

Sure creating a justice squad comic series would be easier for you to ignore, but how about ignoring it if you can't handle the premise and then coming back when you know it'll be back to what your into
    I'm at a loss as to how the Suicide Squad imitating the Justice League is the Suicide Squad being it's own thing

I never got the first issue because my LCS sold out and I didn’t add it to my list but I liked the second issue. The Suicide Squad Titans Academy should be interesting. I gave it a try probably will add this to my pull list for now. The Peacemaker is a nice addition.

Issue 2 was another good read. (The best of the three DC titles I'm currently reading)

I'm really enjoying the Peacemaker front and center as the leader and star of the comic...(I'm sure things will change as time rolls on & they'll bring in a badass like Deadshot or Captain Boom)

Looking forward to the raid (avoid spoiler) set up for issue 3.

Was Peacemaker always like this? I thought he was a lot more heroic than his portrayal here, but my knowledge of the character is very limited, so I'm not sure.

I have to say I'm not sold on this book yet. As far as plot goes, it was very thin and the characterizations are kind of meh. Having a crossover after only 2 issues doesn't bode very well either.

I hope the creative team can find their footing and bring a little more substance to the book. I'm all for the action and the shock elements, but there needs to be more to the book.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post

Or you could read the classic run and wonder why it was done right 30 years ago and now there's no depth. Nothing wrong with you just being happy with what you're fed

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Was Peacemaker always like this? I thought he was a lot more heroic than his portrayal here, but my knowledge of the character is very limited, so I'm not sure.

I have to say I'm not sold on this book yet. As far as plot goes, it was very thin and the characterizations are kind of meh. Having a crossover after only 2 issues doesn't bode very well either.

I hope the creative team can find their footing and bring a little more substance to the book. I'm all for the action and the shock elements, but there needs to be more to the book.
    I'll agree to disagree, I quite like the pace of the writing, it keeps me entertained.

As for Peacemaker:

I inherited some of the Charlton comics issues of the Peacemaker, and Christopher Steele for the most part is not a killer, however....

When DC purchased the rights to Charlton comics he became much more hard edge, he did have empathy, but almost like Marvel's Punisher...he sparred no quarter in combat.

This was in part due to the fact that his father was a Nazi Concentration Camp officer who would talk inside of his head, and belittle him when he shows weakness in combat.
    (Yes DC actually ok's this...it will be interesting if it pops back up)

Later, Christopher Steele was replaced by another Peacemaker in L.A.W., so overall, like Nightshade and Judomaster not much has been done with him over the years, which gives the writer some leeway on their interpretation of him.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post
    I'll agree to disagree, I quite like the pace of the writing, it keeps me entertained.

As for Peacemaker:

I inherited some of the Charlton comics issues of the Peacemaker, and Christopher Steele for the most part is not a killer, however....

When DC purchased the rights to Charlton comics he became much more hard edge, he did have empathy, but almost like Marvel's Punisher...he sparred no quarter in combat.

This was in part due to the fact that his father was a Nazi Concentration Camp officer who would talk inside of his head, and belittle him when he shows weakness in combat.
    (Yes DC actually ok's this...it will be interesting if it pops back up)

Later, Christopher Steele was replaced by another Peacemaker in L.A.W., so overall, like Nightshade and Judomaster not much has been done with him over the years, which gives the writer some leeway on their interpretation of him.
    Poor Peacemaker will always be in the shadow of the Comedian. In the 80s, they tried to have him outcrazy the Comedian.

I've always thought he should be a kind of woke Punisher, for lack of a better description. Aiming himself at warlords, going after corrupt government officials the world over

I'm at a loss as to how the Suicide Squad imitating the Justice League is the Suicide Squad being it's own thing
    You took thst wrong, I said the justice squad can be it's own thing seperate of the actual suicide squad, we both would get what we want.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Or you could read the classic run and wonder why it was done right 30 years ago and now there's no depth. Nothing wrong with you just being happy with what you're fed
    Aslong as I'm getting fed Conner Kent in some form I'm usually happy.

If you look at this as it's own thing, "using" the suicide squad name,instead of needing to fit a certain mold, it isn't nearly as bad as your acting like it is.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Poor Peacemaker will always be in the shadow of the Comedian. In the 80s, they tried to have him outcrazy the Comedian.

I've always thought he should be a kind of woke Punisher, for lack of a better description. Aiming himself at warlords, going after corrupt government officials the world over

Hmmmm, a Woke punisher, I can see were your coming from but.....I think if he was woke he'd be allying himself with the terrorists for being colonial liberators, I think a conscientious Punisher would be more accurate.....though as you can see above he's still pretty hard edge.

I'm not sure who the Comedian is, but I do remember having his father be a Nazi war criminal talking in his head caused a bit of a stir at the time.

Nevertheless, he's always been one of my favourite obscure characters....but I tend to love every Charlton hero.