Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Extraordinary Member

Default Suicide Squad #2 Preview

Suicide Squad #2 Preview
    Writer: Robbie Thompson
    Artist: Eduardo Pansica

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Which team is this?

I think that’s supposed to be a reference to the Charlton Comics era.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Which team is this?
    That's from the godawful L.A.W. miniseries. Avoid at all costs. I'm almost surprised/disappointed they're acknowledging it, especially since I think that Peacemaker was a different person in that series (Christopher Smith had been killed by Eclipso at that time). And Nightshade and Judomaster have since both been changed around. Guess they're looping it all into the single timeline narrative now.

Seriously, I love the Charlton characters, but DO NOT READ that mini. I'm doing you a favor, trust me.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    That's from the godawful L.A.W. miniseries. Avoid at all costs. I'm almost surprised/disappointed they're acknowledging it, especially since I think that Peacemaker was a different person in that series (Christopher Smith had been killed by Eclipso at that time). And Nightshade and Judomaster have since both been changed around. Guess they're looping it all into the single timeline narrative now.

Seriously, I love the Charlton characters, but DO NOT READ that mini. I'm doing you a favor, trust me.
    Heh. Sounds like they just skimmed the history

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post

This man is not kidding. Wow, that was a dumb mini.

The Peacemaker armor introduced was the only okay part of it, and that ain't saying much (I think it kinda looked neat)

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    This man is not kidding. Wow, that was a dumb mini.

The Peacemaker armor introduced was the only okay part of it, and that ain't saying much (I think it kinda looked neat)
    If that picture is indicative...it seemed a product of its time .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If that picture is indicative...it seemed a product of its time .
    Here's the thing... It's from the year 2000! It feels like high '90s but came well after the crash. It's pretty weird.

Looking foreword to this, since I liked the first issue a bunch. It's not Ostrander, but is anyone but him?