Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Joker goes to New York

So I did Kingpin heads to Gotham n pretty much agreed Kingpin would easily take over the city, maybe someone like Hush or Joker could hold him off but that’s about it

How would The Joker do if he got tired 9f Gotham n decided to go to New York, in this thread he in,y fights street level guys like Spider-Man, Daredevil, etc

No avengers like Thor or Iron man

Well, he has the same problem with Fisk that he did in the other thread, but now he’s got guys like Punisher who will be utterly relentless in trying to slaughter the crazy-arse bastard.

However, if the Carnage symbiote is still floating around anywhere, if that thing decides Joker might be a more entertaining host, all bets are off. That combination is pretty terrifying.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

If he ever got tired of Gotham and decided to move to the hero capital of the Marvel Universe, his stay would be a very brief one.

Assuming Fisk, Frank or somebody else doesn’t out right kill him first, one day he’ll go to far and that’ll be it. The hero community cracks down hard on Joker and his reign ends before it ever really begins.

I also imagine that, if he hears about him, Arcade is going to want to play.

For the sake of this thread, are we pretending that Spider-man is street-level?

Even Daredevil would easily thump Joker. He used to fight a Joker-type called the Jester, and only PIS kept Daredevil from taking him out in a single issue.

Although Marvel is generally obsessed with copying Superman, there are a couple of Batman imitators around. Moon Knight against Joker would be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    For the sake of this thread, are we pretending that Spider-man is street-level?

Even Daredevil would easily thump Joker. He used to fight a Joker-type called the Jester, and only PIS kept Daredevil from taking him out in a single issue.

Although Marvel is generally obsessed with copying Superman, there are a couple of Batman imitators around. Moon Knight against Joker would be fun.
    It'd end rather quickly. Moon Knight is basically a Batman off his meds, and depending on the incarnation, a varying degree of metahuman stats. He'd also have no real issue killing the Joker once he got his hands on him.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

frank will hunt his ass down and end him, even if he has to go with him.

in fact, there are quite a number of heroes in new york who don't have "no kill" codes. joker fucks around and he will die.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

And funny enough, Spider-Man's rogues gallery has a few "practically Jokers," as TV Tropes would coin them. Norman Osborn/Green Goblin is basically the Joker if he had a day job and that day job was being Lex Luthor. Carnage is the Joker in the "agent of chaos" sense, even invoking himself as such well before The Dark Knight's version of the Joker came around, only unlike the Joker, he doesn't give a damn about theatrics and just wants to kill as bloodily and as many as he can. The 90s Clone Saga iteration of the Jackal was a leather-clad Joker wannabe, too, his big thing was driving Peter up the wall with his schemes, and he even turned out to be a pawn for the aforementioned Norman Osborn, who revealed himself as the architect of Peter's recent misery on a Halloween, no less.

As for Spider-Man himself, he's only "street-level" because that's where he usually operates, even if his power-set and levels are rather high-tier compared to (most of) the other superheroes that operate on the streets. That said, while Spider-Man (the Peter Parker and Miles Morales versions) wouldn't kill the Joker despite being sorely tempted after seeing the Joker's casual disregard for anyone's life, his own included, there's always him catching the Scarlet Spider (Ben Reilly or Kaine Parker) on a bad day, and Scarlet (Kaine especially, but Ben as well after The Clone Conspiracy) is basically Spider-Man/Peter with less scruples and restraints about how he fights bad guys, so . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

If Joker gets his resources like Kingpin did in the reverse scenario, I see Joker taking much of NYC with him via bombs and Joker toxin. To Joker, Batman's the only 'real' opponent, everyone else is a bit player. He'd want to either treat this as a little vacation which would likely be dangerous for him to do for the reasons listed above or treat this as a side journey where he'd want to just make his mark and get back to his Batsy ASAP. If it's the latter, I could see him having minions placing the explosives and gas things around town, timing them to go off when he leaves. If he gets Harley (and/or any other 'high-end' help), maybe he sends her out as a distraction for the various heroes.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

What is Joker's goal here exactly? Because when Joker doesn't have Bruce to play with he does thigs like set nukes to blow up citites. If he's approaching this from a "do as much damage as possible to make a big splash" angle... Then yeah he gets stopped, but he's probably killed thousands of people first.

People forget that he's largely kept in line by his game with Batman. He's capable of inflicting horrible, horrible damage with prep. The fact that various people can beat him in a fist fight doesn't actually help them find him if he doesn't want to be found. Spider-Man, Dare Devil, Moon Knight, and Punsihsrr simply aren't better detectives than Bruce and Joker regulaly hides from Batman until he's .ready to be found.

Eventually, he'd attract enough heat to where SHIELD or Stark or whatever finds him, but those groups wouldn't start looking until he's actually established himself as a credible threat, at which point a lot of people have died.

Even somebody like Foolkiller would probably take Joker off of the board.

Never mind something like if Bullseye has a little time on his hands.

Much as I like "The War Of Jokes And Riddles"?

That is over in about ten minutes flat in 616 Marvel.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Even somebody like Foolkiller would probably take Joker off of the board.

Never mind something like if Bullseye has a little time on his hands.

Much as I like "The War Of Jokes And Riddles"?

That is over in about ten minutes flat in 616 Marvel.
    Good lord Kings whole book was bad....I think a joker with an agenda would have an interesting time in New York

Quote Originally Posted by Mider2009 View Post
    Good lord Kings whole book was bad....I think a joker with an agenda would have an interesting time in New York
    Right up until the point that he wound up dead...

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    And funny enough, Spider-Man's rogues gallery has a few "practically Jokers," as TV Tropes would coin them. Norman Osborn/Green Goblin is basically the Joker if he had a day job and that day job was being Lex Luthor. Carnage is the Joker in the "agent of chaos" sense, even invoking himself as such well before The Dark Knight's version of the Joker came around, only unlike the Joker, he doesn't give a damn about theatrics and just wants to kill as bloodily and as many as he can. The 90s Clone Saga iteration of the Jackal was a leather-clad Joker wannabe, too, his big thing was driving Peter up the wall with his schemes, and he even turned out to be a pawn for the aforementioned Norman Osborn, who revealed himself as the architect of Peter's recent misery on a Halloween, no less.

As for Spider-Man himself, he's only "street-level" because that's where he usually operates, even if his power-set and levels are rather high-tier compared to (most of) the other superheroes that operate on the streets. That said, while Spider-Man (the Peter Parker and Miles Morales versions) wouldn't kill the Joker despite being sorely tempted after seeing the Joker's casual disregard for anyone's life, his own included, there's always him catching the Scarlet Spider (Ben Reilly or Kaine Parker) on a bad day, and Scarlet (Kaine especially, but Ben as well after The Clone Conspiracy) is basically Spider-Man/Peter with less scruples and restraints about how he fights bad guys, so . . .
    And if not Spiderman or his clones, Venom/Eddie Brock is more than capable of tracking down and killing Joker. And god help Joker if Deadpool is hired to off him.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Pfft! Joker only survives in the Big Apple long enough for the Punisher to track him down and pump a dozen or so rounds in his pasty skull.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!