Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I hate when a writer brings out that "oh, but this character likes the pain he inflicts on others, so he'll enjoy the stare," garbage. That is not how the Stare works.
    my favorites when "oh I don't feel guilt," or "oh I don't regret anything" ala Punisher, Thanos, or Captain Marvel, which is really hilarious when you stop to think about it because if that were actually the case it'd be an absolute horrible move to use on actual comic villains who generally don't actually feel remorse or guilt over their actions. Honestly the Penance Stair is up there on the "most misused ability in comics" list if not right at the top

BANNED

I thought the penance stare once worked on Galactus

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mider2009 View Post
    I thought the penance stare once worked on Galactus
    It did so in the 90s Fantastic Four cartoon, as call back to when Dr. Strange did that to Galactus using The Images of Ikkonn, or something along those lines, which is a Penance-Stare-like effect and only worked beer Galactus was still coming to twins with his mortal half. He's since gotten to grips with his nature as an abstract cosmic being and bounced a similar attack by Professor Xavier trying to halt Galactus by striking him with the combined mental suffering of the entire Skrull Homeworld.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    It did so in the 90s Fantastic Four cartoon, as call back to when Dr. Strange did that to Galactus using The Images of Ikkonn, or something along those lines, which is a Penance-Stare-like effect and only worked beer Galactus was still coming to twins with his mortal half. He's since gotten to grips with his nature as an abstract cosmic being and bounced a similar attack by Professor Xavier trying to halt Galactus by striking him with the combined mental suffering of the entire Skrull Homeworld.
    Dude, do you need to lie down?

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Dude, do you need to lie down?
    Galactus, Drinker of Alcohol.
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 04-10-2021 at 12:02 AM.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    And his heralds Air-Weiser, the Fallen Down Drunk One, Red Stripe and the Silver Slurper.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    To be fair, one cannot forget when Hercules tried to beat Galactus by poisoning his glass with a super powerful god alcohol. Hercules limited series from the 80's.

It worked about as well as one can imagine - in that it amused Big G that Herc thought a) it would work and b) that Big G wouldn't see it coming a parsec away.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

In all fairness, Hercules is the demi-god of Strength, not the demi-god of Intellect or even Trickery. Speaking of trickery, isn't Loki really just a demi-god at best? Or really more of a midget frost giant?

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    In all fairness, Hercules is the demi-god of Strength, not the demi-god of Intellect or even Trickery. Speaking of trickery, isn't Loki really just a demi-god at best? Or really more of a midget frost giant?
    Midget giant, giant midget, or normal-sized normal-size guy?

You decide!

Norse mythology is really quirky that way.

Odin and Thor are Aesir. They are gods.

But so are the Vanir, like Frey and Freya. Not the same gods, but also gods. They sort of lost to the Aesir and this sort of made them secondary, but not by much - Frey was just a bit under Odin-level in many tellings.

And of course Loki is all giant or part giant or, er, something depending on interpretation, but lives with the Aesir (and then the Vanir as well, before being tortured for thousands of years for constant dickishness) and everybody is cool with that. He also gets into giant-based trouble with Thor during the whole Utgard-Loki (no relation) thing, and they considered him one of the gods. Because reasons.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Just for fun, here's a funny scene with two guys likely to tangle with the Joker in this scenario:

Just for fun, here's a funny scene with two guys likely to tangle with the Joker in this scenario:

I love that scene.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    I love that scene.
    As the saying today goes . . . "They both wanted all the smoke."
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Fantastic Member MorphyVSFischer's Avatar

Moon Knight definitely won the exchange with that last line, damn

Quote Originally Posted by MorphyVSFischer View Post
    Moon Knight definitely won the exchange with that last line, damn
    I'm a little impressed that Frank didn't even reach for his gun or clock him for it.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!