Mighty Member

Default 5G and future state

I understand 5G was canceled.But Was Future state and Infinite Frontier Like 5G..What stayed and what didn't?

no one knows what was and wasn't part of 5G besides the Generations mini, the 5 generation timeline and the vague idea that there would be a new Justice League featuring a black Batman and Jon Kent as Superman. from what I've seen from writers, there wasn't anything concrete for 5G when the people working on Future State started putting their stories together; tho, apparently some were hired around the time Didio and co were gearing up for 5G even if they hadn't gotten their stories together yet. we know Generations was meant to be part 1 of the 5 part lead-in to 5G. considering how that got pushed and retooled, it gives you somewhat of an idea how far along 5G was when part 1 of the prelude wasn't even fully formed. if you ask the fans here, all the stories in Future State were 5G and they just changed the label (which, again, no one knows) but the most likely story is whatever 5G was going to be wasn't in the development phase by the time Didio was fired and 5G got scrapped, any remnants of the early concepts were co-opted into Future State, and Infinite Frontier effectively became more a brand relaunch to following up Snyder's Death Metal and whatever sticks from the new creative teams in Future State to usher in and set the tone for the new management regime.

at least, nearest I can tell.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."