Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    All-New Member

Default What do you think about Felicia and Peter as a potential family

Would you like to read a comic about Peter and Felicia as a family couple? Maybe with kid... Or two. Could this pairing rise some important questions? Like: What If they had twins. One with superpowers and one without them. One may be jealous of the other and try to get powers like Felicia did in the past. But she has gone through this path and knows what may follow.
    What is your opinion?

I can't see Felicia wanting to settle down. Even if she gets with Peter and renounced thievery, she'd be a hero full time.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    Would you like to read a comic about Peter and Felicia as a family couple? Maybe with kid... Or two. Could this pairing rise some important questions? Like: What If they had twins. One with superpowers and one without them. One may be jealous of the other and try to get powers like Felicia did in the past. But she has gone through this path and knows what may follow.
    What is your opinion?
    What about NO. For Peter it should be MJ or no one. I also do not think she would settle for someone who cannot provide diamonds and furs.

Mighty Member

I wouldn't mind seeing this as part of a Zdarksy type alternative universe 4 issue mini series.
    I think there's the possibility for a fun story there, and who knows? Maybe it could be better than expected. With the right pitch and direction, I could see it working.

Ultimate Member

I don't think that they'd be a fully traditional couple, but it could work, by itself or along with MJ...

Not really a fan.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing this as part of a Zdarksy type alternative universe 4 issue mini series.
    I think there's the possibility for a fun story there, and who knows? Maybe it could be better than expected. With the right pitch and direction, I could see it working.

This...along with another about what if Jessica Jones had told Peter how she felt about him in High School and they became a couple that lasted.

But in main 616....No...MJ all the way.

Pretty sure there was at least one What If issue where Peter married Felicia, but I remember it not ending well for her.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alkaeus View Post
    Pretty sure there was at least one What If issue where Peter married Felicia, but I remember it not ending well for her.
    Yeah . . . spoilers:
    she accidentally gave away Peter's secret identity by rubbing the marriage in Mary Jane's face, which somehow happened to be observed by one of Spider-Man's enemies that put two and two together, which led to her death and Spidey finding comfort in the arms of Silver Sable. At least, that's how I remember it going.
    end of spoilers
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkaeus View Post
    There was also an issue were Peter bonded completely with the symbiote and it absorbed him down to the bone, yet we see characters like Eddie Brock and Flash Thompson completely bond with the symbiote and nothing of the sort ever happens, so I don't think events from a "What if" is the litmus test for the relationship.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    What is your opinion?
    Sure. I'm surprised we still haven't gotten an alternative universe with that.

would be interesting.......

Astonishing Member

The idea of Felicia and Peter as a married couple would had been a good idea back in the 1980's. I feel that their relationship was not developed in the same manner as with Peter and MJ because of one small problem: lack of a friendship development between them(in and outside of crime fighting), first and foremost for 100 issues. What makes MJ a strong love interest for Peter are the following:

1. Was not Peter's first girlfriend, like Betty Brant
    2. Was not Peter's first love interest, Like Gwen Stacy
    3. Was not Peter's first costumed partner, like Black Cat
    4. Were friends for over 100 issues before a serious relationship began

Thus Felicia's potential romantic relationship with Peter and starting a family might had worked if their friendship was developed first for 100 issues before it began. And it pays to not become Peter's first super heroine love interest..
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 04-26-2021 at 12:13 PM.