Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Peter is too incompetent to raise a child. Felicia would frame her child for violent crimes. Sounds like a great book.
    Why would she frame a child? Wouldn't it be easier to frame Peter?

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Why would she frame a child? Wouldn't it be easier to frame Peter?
    A scrawny white man in his 20's with a history of stalking and violent assault is getting 10-20. A brat's getting 3 whole beef strikes.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I'm here for it. But it likely won't happen except in an alternate future. But I'd be willing to write it.

A scrawny white man in his 20's with a history of stalking and violent assault is getting 10-20. A brat's getting 3 whole beef strikes.
    ???? I don't get the phrase beef strikes.

Incredible Member

Peter is too incompetent to raise a child. Felicia would frame her child for violent crimes. Sounds like a great book.
    Felicia Spanish...

OP Question -

I love the idea and yes I most certainly would, bravo.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

I think it could be cool to see, for sure. Not sure if Felicia would be the type to want kids, but maybe her and Peter would settle down with a few cats, LOL.
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man

Astonishing Member

Peter would be the best dad in all of comics, and Felicia has zero motherly instincts. It would actually be an interesting reversal of gender stereotypes. It would make a good "What If?" story.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    Peter would be the best dad in all of comics, and Felicia has zero motherly instincts. It would actually be an interesting reversal of gender stereotypes. It would make a good "What If?" story.
    Pete would literally be the best father ever.He was raised by aunt may and has been shown to be good with kids.He is also very mature(not talking about the man-child Slott-wrote).Slott ruined Pete for me although now Spencer has got him back(Zdasky Pete is supreme).Felicia would be fine,not terrible but not Mom of the year.

Felicia likes the costume life too much to have a kid. She's always been more attracted to the Spider-Man persona than Peter himself.

Mighty Member

As an au title, sure why not? But only if it's depicted as being true to character rather than some sort of idealized au ship.

It would have to be a scenario in which she gets knocked up and gives birth to Peter's child. This would be the only scenario that I could see Peter choosing to be with Felicia over MJ (in a quasi 616 reality) unless something unfortunate happened to MJ. Peter would want to get married and settle down with Felicia, but I'd imagine she'd refuse and just continue with the Black Cat lifestyle which places the kid's life in danger. Maybe something happens to the child and she tries to give it up and live a life a normalcy with Peter. But she's deeply unhappy and secretly starts to play Black cat (or some other new costumed identity) on the side which causes conflict in her relationship with Peter.

would be fun to see
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

I'm another MJ fan, but I'd enjoy an AU story with Felicia in a relationship with Spidey.
    A better question might be who would be another hero - male or female - that Felicia could get involved with? I think there'd some some interesting emotional baggage with her getting involved with one of the Spidey clones

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tiger View Post
    As an au title, sure why not? But only if it's depicted as being true to character rather than some sort of idealized au ship.

It would have to be a scenario in which she gets knocked up and gives birth to Peter's child. This would be the only scenario that I could see Peter choosing to be with Felicia over MJ (in a quasi 616 reality) unless something unfortunate happened to MJ. Peter would want to get married and settle down with Felicia, but I'd imagine she'd refuse and just continue with the Black Cat lifestyle which places the kid's life in danger. Maybe something happens to the child and she tries to give it up and live a life a normalcy with Peter. But she's deeply unhappy and secretly starts to play Black cat (or some other new costumed identity) on the side which causes conflict in her relationship with Peter.
    To be honest I am at a loss reading this. Like, this is actually what I meant in other posts but I didn't expect it to read it so raw. To do this you might as well not make that comic at all, since the original What If with Spider-Man and Black Cat already had enough bashing on Felicia to last us for a century or so. - This is just a scenario where you amplify all of Felicia's bad traits to eleven, and make it seem as if Peter made a mistake by choosing her instead of MJ. - Overall, a silly proposition since the core of this idea is not to uplift that relationship (As if it was needed) but to just search for different paths.

And that's something I just see a lot of people do. They overblow Felicia's bad traits like being a thrill-seeker and ignore every other time or portrayal where she has managed to be more than that. I dunno what to tell you, this just seems like an incredibly silly scenario. Did it really read well in your head?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JTHM View Post
    To be honest I am at a loss reading this. Like, this is actually what I meant in other posts but I didn't expect it to read it so raw. To do this you might as well not make that comic at all, since the original What If with Spider-Man and Black Cat already had enough bashing on Felicia to last us for a century or so. - This is just a scenario where you amplify all of Felicia's bad traits to eleven, and make it seem as if Peter made a mistake by choosing her instead of MJ. - Overall, a silly proposition since the core of this idea is not to uplift that relationship (As if it was needed) but to just search for different paths.

And that's something I just see a lot of people do. They overblow Felicia's bad traits like being a thrill-seeker and ignore every other time or portrayal where she has managed to be more than that. I dunno what to tell you, this just seems like an incredibly silly scenario. Did it really read well in your head?
    How is that amplifying her negative traits? Felicia's life revolves around the Black Cat persona in a way that Peter Parker's does not with Spider-man, and that would naturally generate conflict in their relationship and the prospect of having a child. How is that Felicia bashing? IMO, theres a very interesting story that could be told here (not necessarily what I'm suggesting, but the concept in general), but it seems like you want something more akin to RYV with Felicia grafted into MJ's place?

This is in reference to their 616 portrayals and their characterizations in that universe. Peter and Mary Jane are treated as the status quo in that universe so any what if scenario that twists continuity should reference that in some way. If you want to do an au story where the characters have completely different histories (like the ultimate comics or Life Story) then anything is fair game.

And it still does read well in my head, but thank you for the constructive criticism.
    Last edited by Spider-Tiger; 04-06-2021 at 01:58 PM.