Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I'd like to see a good, modern take on their relationship. It's overdue for a revisit in its proper context as opposed to something like the ultimate line. Honestly, I've had a serious case of MJ fatigue for years. anyway.
    We only (relatively) recently got a revisit to Peter and MJ after years of One More Day and One Moment in Time. Even the movies have downplayed MJ for years and years to the point that we get this weird "her name is MJ but not Mary Jane" OC in the MCU films (Zendaya would have nailed the "face it, tiger" attitude of Mary Jane).

See what I mean? By now a thread about Peter and Felicia now got into a downward spiral and has now become about how Peter and MJ is endgame and how the fans suffer from it. I guess I should have expected it, but it's still silly to see.

Astonishing Member

She can do better.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I'd like to see a good, modern take on their relationship. It's overdue for a revisit in its proper context as opposed to something like the ultimate line. Honestly, I've had a serious case of MJ fatigue for years. anyway.
    I honestly think the relationship is due for a live action adaptation. It almost happened three times already (first in Spider-Man 2, then in Spider-Man 4, and finally in the TASM films), but Felicia can't seem to catch a break.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tiger View Post
    I honestly think the relationship is due for a live action adaptation. It almost happened three times already (first in Spider-Man 2, then in Spider-Man 4, and finally in the TASM films), but Felicia can't seem to catch a break.
    I think the big problem there is the Catwoman in the room.

(Or they'd do what Bendis did in Ultimate Spider-Man and treat it like a joke.)

I think fans put far more emphasis on that relationship than the creators do. (Such as Zdarsky not even using Felicia in Spider-Man: Life Story.)
    Last edited by Kevinroc; 04-07-2021 at 01:56 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I think the big problem there is the Catwoman in the room.

(Or they'd do what Bendis did in Ultimate Spider-Man and treat it like a joke.)
    True...but they could almost use that comparison to their advantage since Peter is almost the antithesis of Bruce Wayne. Hell, pull a love triangle (square?) where MJ dates that Bruce guy from the wedding annual and Spider-man dates Black Cat as a wink and a nod.

(I think Holland's Spidey is getting a little too old for that joke, and I pray that we don't see another reboot with any even younger Spidey anytime soon)

True...but they could almost use that comparison to their advantage since Peter is almost the antithesis of Bruce Wayne. Hell, pull a love triangle (square?) where MJ dates that Bruce guy from the wedding annual and Spider-man dates Black Cat as a wink and a nod.

(I think Holland's Spidey is getting a little too old for that joke, and I pray that we don't see another reboot with any even younger Spidey anytime soon)
    MCU Black Cat would probably be Tony Stark's daughter or something.

Mighty Member

MCU Black Cat would probably be Tony Stark's daughter or something.
    Nah. She'll be a classmate of Peter's named Alicia Tardy. "Black Cat" is just what her friends call her.

Nah. She'll be a classmate of Peter's named Alicia Tardy. "Black Cat" is just what her friends call her.
    The Post-MCU Spidey reboot can't come soon enough.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    She can do better.
    Nah man.Check out her inner monologue in the evil that men do issue 2.It gets their dynamic pretty well

Extraordinary Member

I love it when it's done right(the evil that men do moments,marvel knights,latveria spider-tracer,the annual).Like they have great moments but it may be difficult to do a live adaptation.They f'ed up MJ because they were scared to go the party girl route.I don't think we will get a black cat anytime soon.I also don't want a reboot with younger Spidey.Just make Spiderman's next trilogy more mature with someone other than watts(I am assuming we will get another trilogy for the MCU like in college years).Kill Zendaya as a gwen type tribute then give us real black cat and Mary Jane.

We only (relatively) recently got a revisit to Peter and MJ after years of One More Day and One Moment in Time. Even the movies have downplayed MJ for years and years to the point that we get this weird "her name is MJ but not Mary Jane" OC in the MCU films (Zendaya would have nailed the "face it, tiger" attitude of Mary Jane).
    Yeah, and I like the Zendaya take on MJ better than the one that has existed in the comics for a long time now.

Quote Originally Posted by JTHM View Post
    See what I mean? By now a thread about Peter and Felicia now got into a downward spiral and has now become about how Peter and MJ is endgame and how the fans suffer from it. I guess I should have expected it, but it's still silly to see.
    This is one of the roots of my MJ fatigue. xD

Quote Originally Posted by JTHM View Post
    Well thats expected of shippers of any fandom. Gotta de value the other one even if you are apart of the winning ship
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

If its not too serious. I always saw the relationship as a bit sociopathic.