Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Default The Big Mom Pirates invade NYC (Marvel 616)

I have no idea what state the 616 is in at the moment but I just finished reading through the Whole Cake Island arc in my read through of One Piece and I forgotten quite how many of these guys there are and also how powerful a lot of them are.

So.

Big Mom and all her children and all their resources appear in a fleet en masse with the sole goal of sowing as much destruction in Marvel 616 NYC as possible and harvesting all the souls therein for Big Mom's collection. They get... three hours before any reinforcements from outside NYC itself are allowed to begin to move to support.

Only stipulation: No Xavier level telepaths allowed. We're having them fight this out old school.

Can NYC deal with this pirate armada? How many buildings get destroyed? How many "Yo mama," jokes does Spider-Man come up with in the course of events?

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

well since all the best mutants are on krakoa, i don't see any of them jumping in to fight for nyc, unless to protect some mutants.

as for everyone else.........hmmmmm.

depending on who's in new york at the time and the line up for the avengers, i can see the crew getting stopped but not without massive damage. the higher tier officers would be mess for the avengers to deal with. katakuri is...........a beast and they'd need some serious heavy hitters for him.

big mom? once she takes to the field, they gonna have to either throw everyone at her or trick her into a BFR.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I'm planning to do a kind of Luffy strength scaling post to really help establish an idea of how strong the Big Mom pirates are.

Like Cracker alone is utterly ridiculous, much less Katakuri. They've also got a ton of versatility between Brulee and the head chef who can just convert entire buildings into cake at will.

They are a weird but quite worryingly powerful squad.

Does Sentry still live in New York between being dead?

And I mean Stephen Strange and Reed Richards are still New York residents.

Extraordinary Member

A lot of the lower end heroes like Spider-man, Daredevil and Punisher will probably bite the dust. But Marvel NYC does still have people like Reed, Dr. Strange and Thor (when he's not being chumped out in the Avengers comics) and other heavy hitters.

So I think that the Big Mom pirates would do a ton of damage and a kill a noticeable number of heroes. But eventually they go down to some of the more ridiculous Marvel characters that hang out in NYC or can get their quickly.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    A lot of the lower end heroes like Spider-man, Daredevil and Punisher will probably bite the dust. But Marvel NYC does still have people like Reed, Dr. Strange and Thor (when he's not being chumped out in the Avengers comics) and other heavy hitters.

So I think that the Big Mom pirates would do a ton of damage and a kill a noticeable number of heroes. But eventually they go down to some of the more ridiculous Marvel characters that hang out in NYC or can get their quickly.
    my thinking as well. the damage and casualites will be high, especially if linlin lets the kids off the leash. and the ones with more esoteric powers will be a mess to deal with.