Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default MCU Earth vs Real earth

That's right.

You get to pick to have you and your friends and family transported to the MCU earth right after the blip (the return of half the world population)

Do you take it? Is the MCU earth a better place to live then our current one? despite wizards andriods and aliens running around?

Astonishing Member

NO! Why even ask?

So, it's like our earth, but only with super-powered dangers, innefable cosmic horrors that tend to want to rend reality or at the very least destroy the planet (Dormammu, Ego and Surtur say hi) and a *guaranteed* universal disaster that happens every decade or so? WHY?!!!

Well.. while it is true that the MCU has many dangers and forces of evil bend on destroying us, there are also forced of good, who more often then not, defeat said forces of evil. places like Sunnydale or Saitama's world are waaaaay more hellish to live in.

Unless you live in NY or Sokovia it seems actually pretty safe.

The big plus right now for the mcu is, there is no global pandemic there.
    But the mcu has more things going for it, like technologically way more advanced, plus an added technologically advanced nation like wakanda, who can atleast help with global stabilization.

There is also magic, but that can be seen as a plus or a negative i suppose..

Honestly mcu world, not that bad at the moment!

There is probably a global recession and severe global instability in the MCU right now - having 3.5 billion people appear all at once will do that to the world, accompanied by global imbalances of basic infrastructure and commodities. Countries would be at each other's throats, and hundreds of thousands, possibly millions, would be severely impoverished or dead. Honestly, compared to that, COVID is a cakewalk.

With regard to everything else, nothing "super-powered" actually gets filtered down to the masses (you don't see Pepper Pots or King T'Challa handing out nanotech like halloween candy to whoever asks) so for a muggle such as yourself, you're barely any better than you already are in this world, only with the 100% chance of universal devastation every decade.
    Last edited by Twickster; 04-05-2021 at 03:35 AM.

Astonishing Member

I'll skip watching Galactus on the news for some better microchips. Or some giant whale monster surfacing periodically with some guy in a green speedo trying to take over the world.

I would suffer from terrible anxiety if I lived in a world where time travel was possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    I would suffer from terrible anxiety if I lived in a world where time travel was possible.
    Kang: “So Avengers, we meet again! Wait... who are you?!”
    Me: “Don’t shoot me! I’m just here asking for a do-over.”

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Kang: “So Avengers, we meet again! Wait... who are you?!”
    Me: “Don’t shoot me! I’m just here asking for a do-over.”
    Most discussions about time travel seem to involve the people in the conversation having access to time travel. But I'm just a regular person. I'm never going to invent time travel. So the person who is time traveling is likely to be either the inventor, or else their source of funding, like a government or business or criminal organization. So somebody who is definitely not me will be the one who is screwing around with the continuity that includes my life, my memories, my everything. None of my plans matter anymore, because somebody will butterfly-effect it all into a retcon. If I'm lucky, I will wake up as some version of myself the next day, but my circumstances will likely be randomly different.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    To be fair, its multiverse time travel, at least while going backwards, so you don't actually alter your own past.

Hell no, Falcon and Winter Soldier and Spiderman Far From Home kinda touches on it but can you even imagine the kind of chaos 3.5 billion people vanishing for 5 years then reappearing would cause? That bank loan scene was just the tip of the iceberg, fraud would be rampant, all the bureaucratic institutions across the world would in an uproar, you would probably have been declared dead, which means all your possessions would either be willed out or turned over to the state, I don't even want to think about the nightmare of trying to get them back, significant others might have moved on and remarried, etc etc etc

and that's not even touching the existential dread of knowing aliens, very power aliens are out there and potentially hostile in addition to super powered individuals running around on Earth

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    and that's not even touching the existential dread of knowing aliens, very power aliens are out there and potentially hostile in addition to super powered individuals running around on Earth
    I don't know what's worse, the fact that you *know* that ineffable forces exist that dream of ending your life, your world and your reality - or the fact that you know you're in the MCU, and due to the fact that negative events have to occur for heroes to overcome, that these disasters will happen consistently and on-schedule.

oh come now guys where is your sense for adventure!

Galactus is not killing the world, he will be stopped. best we get is a nice light show.

What aliens are left anyway to worry about? only dormammu and most likely shuma gorath , Doc strange is on deck. aside from zokovia, there are no massive body counts in the mcu. we have many protectors on earth.

"Oh, that's Charles Spencer, by the way. He's a great kid. Computer engineering degree, 3.6 GPA. Had a floor-level gig, an intel plan for the fall. But first he wanted to put a few miles on his soul before he parked it behind a desk. See the world, maybe be of service. Charlie didn't wanna go to Vegas or Fort Lauderdale, which is what I would do. He didn't go to Paris or Amsterdam, which sounds fun. He decided to spend his summer building sustainable housing for the poor. Guess where: Sokovia. He wanted to make a difference, I suppose. I mean, we won't know because we dropped a building on him while we were kickin' ass." -- Tony Stark

MCU has way too much danger.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie