Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post

What aliens are left anyway to worry about? only dormammu and most likely shuma gorath
    Enough to fill out all these movies and tv shows at least

plus you know that the infinity stones are gone and per the Ancient One that's a very bad thing for the reality, and even though they don't show it happening they do show in the aftermath that the events have devastating effects on things, Sokovia for example had plenty of casualties and even if you weren't killed you were essentially turned into a countryless refugee, MCU Earth is really close if not there to a crapsack world at this point

Galactus is not killing the world, he will be stopped. best we get is a nice light show.
    Thanos was stopped. He still probably killed a few million people as a side-effect of the snap and blip regardless. Ultron was stopped. After destroying an entire country, billions of dollars in damage and an entire nation of homeless refugees. Loki was stopped. After basically causing the equivalent of a dozen 9/11's. Wanda was stopped, after mentally torturing thousands of innocent people, the results of which will probably scar them for the rest of their lives. And so on...

What aliens are left anyway to worry about?
    See above. You don't know what evils are coming yet, but you know they *are* coming. And you know the consequences will be horrendous.
    Last edited by Twickster; 04-05-2021 at 12:50 PM.

Astonishing Member

Besides normal human racism (which surely exists in the MCU), let's add all the mutant uproar. Nothing like Magneto dumping a bridge or two into the drink. Have you kid born looking like a giant turkey or blob.

We flip out over the 1/6 insurrection. How about three giant flying carriers going nuts over our cities? Find out it was planned by the Nazis coming back! Our intelligence departments totally corrupted!

There are no mutants in the MCU... yet.

Astonishing Member

There will be.

Well.. while it is true that the MCU has many dangers and forces of evil bend on destroying us, there are also forced of good, who more often then not, defeat said forces of evil. places like Sunnydale or Saitama's world are waaaaay more hellish to live in.

Unless you live in NY or Sokovia it seems actually pretty safe.

The big plus right now for the mcu is, there is no global pandemic there.
    But the mcu has more things going for it, like technologically way more advanced, plus an added technologically advanced nation like wakanda, who can atleast help with global stabilization.

There is also magic, but that can be seen as a plus or a negative i suppose..

Honestly mcu world, not that bad at the moment!
    Yes but I suspect that the ordinary person is living at the real world's science and tech level just liker they generally are in the comics, where the heroes and villains are even more advanced, because they want it to feel like it's still mostly the real world.
    Power with Girl is better.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Besides normal human racism (which surely exists in the MCU), let's add all the mutant uproar. Nothing like Magneto dumping a bridge or two into the drink. Have you kid born looking like a giant turkey or blob.

We flip out over the 1/6 insurrection. How about three giant flying carriers going nuts over our cities? Find out it was planned by the Nazis coming back! Our intelligence departments totally corrupted!
    To be fair, modern Hydra is about as Nazi as modern Volkswagen. Still extremely dangerous international terrorists, though.

Amazing Member

Where is the real constant danger from Earthborn criminals/villains in the MCU? I don't see it?

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lou_Kayge View Post
    Where is the real constant danger from Earthborn criminals/villains in the MCU? I don't see it?
    I mean, Spider-Man: Homecoming was all about Vulture supporting his family by selling what were essentially hand-held WMDs to random goons (who operated in the same neighborhood that his family lived in, but it's not like Supervillains are known for their long term planning skills).

Also Sokovia was a pretty scary incident from an Earth-bound threats perspective, as well as guys like Abomination, Mordo, Crazy-Darkhold Wanda, The Hand, the real Mandarin etc. all still floating around, not to mention everything Hydra and others pulled in Agents of SHIELD, the Gibborim, Roxxon and their crap...

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

I guess the big difference is that MCU heroes, at least, seem to want to save civilians, rather than let them die.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Also Sokovia was a pretty scary incident from an Earth-bound threats perspective, as well as guys like Abomination, Mordo, Crazy-Darkhold Wanda, The Hand, the real Mandarin etc. all still floating around, not to mention everything Hydra and others pulled in Agents of SHIELD, the Gibborim, Roxxon and their crap...
    i'm not sure agents of shield (and the netflix shows) are considered canon.

AoS, Agent Carter, Netflix and Hulu (so Cloak & Dagger and Runaways) are all definitely canon.

In fact Coulson in Agents of SHIELD launched the second helicarrier that was used in Age of Ultron, IIRC.

AoS, Agent Carter, Netflix and Hulu (so Cloak & Dagger and Runaways) are all definitely canon.

In fact Coulson in Agents of SHIELD launched the second helicarrier that was used in Age of Ultron, IIRC.
    well they are kinda adjacent canon. canon as long as they are not in direct conflict with the main mcu movies.
    they were not produced by or had anything to do with kevin feige (least the netflix ones, maybe agents of shield was?) netflix had the rights to make shows (untill disney plus was annouced)

they already have some conflicts between them, the actor playing cottenmouth is now also playing blade, black mariah actress was was also playing someone else in civil war etc.

i know there are rumors that cox's daredevil may appear in the next spidey movie, but that might be fan service as he is kind of a fan favorite, like the same actor playing JJJ.

As for myself, i always considered them canon, but compared to the falcon and wandavision they seem less so.

all the shows from what I've heard fall into the old Star Wars EU canonicity, in that they treat the movies as part of the same continuity, but the movies don't take them the same way, AoS from what I've heard kinda fell into that trap hard in Infinity War as they make a throwaway reference to Thanos attacking Earth, but none whatsoever to the blip, because they didn't know about it when they filmed(it also really hurt them that Inhuman thing never actually crossed over to the MCU given they devoted entire seasons to it). Likewise the netflix shows were Loeb and Quesada's baby, not Feige. The two year moratorium on Disney using the characters should have actually just expired in February or March I believe and whenever the associated characters eventually show up on Disney+ I wouldn't expect the MCU to feel beholden in any way to the old shows(especially given how their reception seemed to get progressively worse after DD and JJ S1 and the first half of Luke Cage. Finally Inhumans, again a Loeb and Quesada baby and I'd bet money on that train wreck of a series never ever being referenced in the MCU proper and would not be one little bit surprised if the MCU just contradicts hard with Eternals or something.
    Last edited by Hiromi; 04-06-2021 at 08:54 AM.