Page 31 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Thread: Loki

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I can't see this Ravonna as the main villian but I could see an older Ravonna variant in that role.

Ultimately I'm expecting it to be a Loki Variant styled after Immortus or Scarlet Centurion etc but if I prefer to be the real deal.

A Kang variant or bust.
    Now there's a thought: Ravonna is a member of the Crosstime Council of Kangs, and The Sacred Timeline happens to be her particular timeline. All the Kangs trim variants to keep them from intruding upon each others' timelines.

I'm certain next Wednesday will completely debunk this, but fun to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I can't see this Ravonna as the main villian but I could see an older Ravonna variant in that role.

Ultimately I'm expecting it to be a Loki Variant styled after Immortus or Scarlet Centurion etc but if I prefer to be the real deal.

A Kang variant or bust.
    Now that I think about it, if Ravonna was a TVA Agent, wouldn't she also probably be a Variant like the rest are?

Maybe the Prime!Ravonna is running the TVA for Kang, or is with Kang.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ryochan View Post
    OK, some folks haven't read all of JiM or Loki: AoA, apparently.

In JiM, kid Loki kills Thor. And thereby saves Asgardia. AGAIN. (Will have to go back and pull the issue number, but it's in the 'Everything Burns' arc)

In Loki: AoA, in the Void, they explain the void is where Lokis all go for the final act. Where they make their choice.

I can share spoilers about the parallels to this episode if people are interested. Seems weird to talk about spoilers for something several years old, but it seems like folks haven't read (or forgot?) it?
    Well, I can only speak for myself but I have never read either of those books and I never will. So spoil away.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Now there's a thought: Ravonna is a member of the Crosstime Council of Kangs, and The Sacred Timeline happens to be her particular timeline. All the Kangs trim variants to keep them from intruding upon each others' timelines.

I'm certain next Wednesday will completely debunk this, but fun to consider.
    In the comics Ravonna is Kang's main squeeze.

Astonishing Member

I can buy a Ravonna variant as the big bad. But, the Ravonna we know? I mean no. She may not have bought into the fake Timekeepers completely. But why was she asking Miss Manners for any files if she was the big bad? It was just the two of them. Why bother asking if she didn't legit want to meet whoever...

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    I can buy a Ravonna variant as the big bad. But, the Ravonna we know? I mean no. She may not have bought into the fake Timekeepers completely. But why was she asking Miss Manners for any files if she was the big bad? It was just the two of them. Why bother asking if she didn't legit want to meet whoever...
    She was stalling until the cops got there.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    I don't think they're suggesting the cloud monster was fake, as we literally saw it cause destruction and Sylvie was able to connect to it to figure out there was something else beyond it. So the monster itself was real, but Classic Loki himself was just an illusion is what I think they're getting at.
    Exactly. I was thinking that the Old Man Loki we saw was an illusion, who maybe even thought he was real; and the power behind the curtain (or cloud monster) will be a villainous Old Man Loki.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by obatalla View Post
    In the comics Ravonna is Kang's main squeeze.
    Correct. And in the comics, Hawkeye started out out as Black Widow's Bitch Boy, Quicksilver and The Scarlet Witch were Magneto's lackies, and Ant-Man was an Avenger before Captain America. None of which is how the MCU to date has worked.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Correct. And in the comics, Hawkeye started out out as Black Widow's Bitch Boy, Quicksilver and The Scarlet Witch were Magneto's lackies, and Ant-Man was an Avenger before Captain America. None of which is how the MCU to date has worked.
    Well, Pietro and Wanda still started off as antagonists and erstwhile terrorists.

Astonishing Member

If anyone is interested in this sort of thing the first Loki episode ratings came out and it blew away what Wanda Vision and Falcon and the winter soldier debuted at.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    She was stalling until the cops got there.
    She was talking to miss manners alone after Sylvie left. About finding who the puppet master is saying they need to be warned. If she knows already or is the villian that scene makes no sense

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Well, I can only speak for myself but I have never read either of those books and I never will. So spoil away.
    Sorry, finally tracked it down: Journey into Mystery 629. ‘Fear Itself’ arc. Repercussions were in ‘Everythig Burns’. It doesn’t seem to be letting me post images, so I will have to follow up later.

There's a good chance Classic Loki is still alive. Before Alioth consumes him, his hands are glowing like they do when he uses his powers. Since the illusion of Asgard had already faded, the Classic Loki that died was probably a realistic projection in the same way that he survived by tricking Thanos.

Ravonna as the main big bad makes little sense given the scene where she's all alone and asking Miss Minute to find her some early files. When she asked for files before, Sylvie was there and it was just a distraction, but there was nothing and no one to district in the later scene.

Edit: ugh, same argument as 3 posts above this one. I should refresh before posting.
    Last edited by Forseti; 07-08-2021 at 11:11 PM.
    Live true or lie well.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    There's a good chance Classic Loki is still alive. Before Alioth consumes him, his hands are glowing like they do when he uses his powers. Since the illusion of Asgard had already faded, the Classic Loki that died was probably a realistic projection in the same way that he survived by tricking Thanos.
    One can only hope. Classic Loki is the only one who can pull off a heroic sacrifice, and then the 'unexpected revival' with no complaints from me.

Also I'm starting to think if it's deliberately weird that there aren't more female Loki variants. Boastful Loki and the trash-goblin-Lokis that make up President Loki's mob army show that all the Lokis can vary so much, that basically 'Loki' is a role and anyone can be cast, depending on the timeline they happen to be in. The TVA's mission made no sense, a lot of these different timelines must have accumulated a vast number of changes over time to make them vary from the Scared Timeline far far far earlier from the respective Loki's even being born. Heck Boastful Loki shows that despite being visibly different, he's also far more focused on physical prowess and IMO wouldn't have taken any of the similar actions that Scared Timeline Loki would have done to ensure the events in the MCU even takes place.

What the Scared Timeline even means is up in the air, what a Nexus event actually threatens is unclear. And by the vast number of timelines and shapes of current known Lokis shown, it really should be very weird that Sylvie is the first female variant any of them have ever seen. There's an alligator Loki, a flip of the chromosome shouldn't be rarer than a difference in species.

Like maybe someone was deliberately selectively pruning most of the female variants from the get-go. Or even maybe they were pruned to somewhere else, who knows.

I'm mentally prepared for more questions than answers in Ep 6 because a cliffhanger is a given and Season 2 is already planned.
    Last edited by Byakko; 07-09-2021 at 01:11 AM.