Page 56 of 59 FirstFirst ... 6465253545556575859 LastLast

Thread: Loki

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Thor and Loki are bound to meet again and I have no idea how Loki is going to explain being alive this time. But maybe he won't have to because Thor has seen it happen so many times he'll just shrug it off.

Be pretty cool and funny if they met at Yggdrasil
    Presumably there was a debrief where they told Thor that Loki from 2012 escaped with the Tesseract so he shouldn't be too surprised.

The 616 was mentioned but didn't really understand what he was getting at. Did anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    The 616 was mentioned but didn't really understand what he was getting at. Did anyone else?
    At the end? Mobius was talking about Kang causing trouble in "Quantumania." But they (the Pym/Langs) took care of it.

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Think that was referencing the Ant-Man Family taking out the Banished One.
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

They said 616 adjacent.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    They said 616 adjacent.
    Pretty sure "adjacent" means the Quantum Realm. Scott and the rest are 616, but the Quantum Realm isn't quite.
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Just finished binging the whole season, and it was by far the best thing Marvel has put out in a while. And I've liked most of the other projects (movie-wise. I haven't watched most of the TV shows).

I only had two real problems with Season 2:

1. Brad lives, presumably. He deserved to die for his cowardice, but Loki and Sylvie let him live. And we never saw what happened to him after he was made to prune Renslayer.

2. For someone who had such a pivotal role in Season 1, Renslayer was really marginalized this season. She shows up, gets ditched, shows up again, get's sent to the end of time, comes back AGAIN, and gets pruned, where maybe she get's eaten by the cloud monsters at the end of time? She felt wasted.

Other than that, I loved it. Bit of a bittersweet ending; I feel like it sets up Sylvie as the active Loki in the MCU, while keeping Loki himself in the background to be used in special occasions. And I do hope he gets one more scene with Thor at some point, if only so Thor can see how much Loki has grown.

This was the only episode I really felt engaged me. It’s like they started with the endpoint and tried to work back, and too much of it was about chaos (notoriously difficult to write well) unfolding on freshly introduced characters who never had time to develop. A lot of characters from the first season were just standing around in the back of shots too.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    2. For someone who had such a pivotal role in Season 1, Renslayer was really marginalized this season. She shows up, gets ditched, shows up again, get's sent to the end of time, comes back AGAIN, and gets pruned, where maybe she get's eaten by the cloud monsters at the end of time? She felt wasted.
    Agreed. She really only featured in the one episode where we meet Timely. Otherwise, wasted. It seems the writers didn't really have room for human antagonists - the collapse of Time was the real antagonist.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Just finished binging the whole season, and it was by far the best thing Marvel has put out in a while. And I've liked most of the other projects (movie-wise. I haven't watched most of the TV shows).

I only had two real problems with Season 2:

1. Brad lives, presumably. He deserved to die for his cowardice, but Loki and Sylvie let him live. And we never saw what happened to him after he was made to prune Renslayer.

Other than that, I loved it. Bit of a bittersweet ending; I feel like it sets up Sylvie as the active Loki in the MCU, while keeping Loki himself in the background to be used in special occasions. And I do hope he gets one more scene with Thor at some point, if only so Thor can see how much Loki has grown.
    Ravonna feels like they were just spinning their wheels until they got to the last arc. I was hoping she'd team-up with Kang at some point.

I doubt we see Sylvie again unless the Kangs personally come after her or she's forced to fight again because she only really cares about her own life and people leaving her to it. She seems like she moved on from Loki quicker than anybody.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Honestly Sylvie ended up being my least favorite character on the show, just because she lectured everybody, never really took responsibility for her actions or the impact they had on others, and just got off scott free in the end.

I know she went through a lot and it wasn't her fault, and that's probably what Loki wanted for her, but it still rubbed me the wrong way.
    I mean, not really. She was proved right in the end. It's better that there's a multiverse that wars until the end.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Astonishing Member

Interesting season having just finished. This could easily be the offramp to just ditch Kang now imo if they have to and rethink things going forward. Time stories get really tiring after awhile and you start hitting continuity gaps easily. Well if so and so could do that why not fix, this or that?

Sylvie was the weakest link to the season. She didnt have to be there at all if they were not going to develop Enchantress using her. Give her some sort of future purpose or character building. I dont think she got any really.

Loki on the other hand really grew. In the entirety of his MCU appearances he got to show a wide range of emotions. Got to show a ton of range and had many different stories. This seems like a fitting end if they never want to use Loki again he got a full circle story on screen.

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    I mean, not really. She was proved right in the end. It's better that there's a multiverse that wars until the end.
    More because of Loki than her, really. She just stood around fuming or lecturing everybody or wanting nothing to do with what was going on.
    Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Interesting season having just finished. This could easily be the offramp to just ditch Kang now imo if they have to and rethink things going forward. Time stories get really tiring after awhile and you start hitting continuity gaps easily. Well if so and so could do that why not fix, this or that?

Sylvie was the weakest link to the season. She didnt have to be there at all if they were not going to develop Enchantress using her. Give her some sort of future purpose or character building. I dont think she got any really.

Loki on the other hand really grew. In the entirety of his MCU appearances he got to show a wide range of emotions. Got to show a ton of range and had many different stories. This seems like a fitting end if they never want to use Loki again he got a full circle story on screen.
    She's a poor excuse for Amora.

Sylvie's character this season fell to the most basic of writing needs - motivation. Last season, her motivation drove the plot. This season ... she's just content to work at McDonald's and doesn't do anything other than act as a reluctant sounding board to Loki. She's a plot device for Loki's motivation, which isn't great. It's not like we got to see their relationship develop further or deepen this season.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Sylvie's character this season fell to the most basic of writing needs - motivation. Last season, her motivation drove the plot. This season ... she's just content to work at McDonald's and doesn't do anything other than act as a reluctant sounding board to Loki. She's a plot device for Loki's motivation, which isn't great. It's not like we got to see their relationship develop further or deepen this season.
    No reason to deepen. Her motivations for Loki was for him to help her achieve the one thing she wanted. Nothing else mattered. Even living didn’t matter. So she killed Kang and was content and didn’t really care much about anything else. She could have joined Thanos on his farm. Well. Somewhen she could have and died happy. So no more character development was needed and their relationship didn’t need to deepen. Loki realizes that when he’s trying to stop her and couldn’t change her mind no matter how many times he tried and failed.