Thread: Loki

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Yes - I was just about to say the same thing. Considering how powerful the TVA is supposed to be, their people are all being taken down by someone with a knife. (and a lantern in the first ep) Is it a Vibranium knife? A magic knife? Is it The Time Knife? How lame is their armor? You'd think after the first few ambushes they'd think of a way to protect themselves from a knife. (they should go to Kingpin's tailor) Also, I get that Marvel doesn't want to overuse guns, but they should have some kind of long-range weapon. Still, I can sorta let it go since I think part of the point of how the TVA is being presented is meant to demonstrate that they're not as powerful or righteous as they think they are.
    A time gun seems like a bad weapon for the work they do, IMHO. The batons that mess with your personal time field, the reset bombs, and time loop collars I think fit what they need to do. A gun tied to time could end up missing the target and erasing/resetting someone or something they didn't intend to.

I think showing them outmatched is a good story beat. They probably have "the Bug Guns™️" held in reserve. Would not be surprised if Justice Peace unloads one later in the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Personally I don't see why they bother to try and apprehend variants in the first place. Just pop in, use the reset thingy and leave. Boom. Any variant standing around would be pruned, it seems.
    I'm sure they'll be explaining why that is bad in the next episode since the other Loki just created a TON of branches with the scatter bombs.

I bet if you reset a timeline with a variant present, the variant just gets to watch it go back to normal. Then they could just start over again. That would explain why you have to "delete" or "remove" a variant physically from the timeline.

Hence why they can hide in big events and not be seen because they can just do whatever after each reset.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 06-17-2021 at 01:35 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium