Page 28 of 59 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: Loki

Astonishing Member

This show is good in alot of ways but also kind of perplexing how they use their runtime. I mean at this point we have 1 more episode to reveal who started the TVA, why, have the "final battle" reckoning. At least start the aftermath of what is next for survivors.

So let's start with the main protagonist. We now know Ravonna doesnt really know who it is yet. But, she feels a protectiveness? And wants to beat Sylvie and Loki to "them". Kang/Immortus would make a lot of sense. But, in one more episode and you have never introduced them it seems unlikely when we know Kang is in Quantumania. Unless its a far away reveal to be dealt with later. If its just another Loki variant....I mean is that actually interesting?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I don't expect Ravonna to turn. She's seeking out the truth but she is determine to uphold the duties of the TVA. Letting go is hard

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    This show is good in alot of ways but also kind of perplexing how they use their runtime. I mean at this point we have 1 more episode to reveal who started the TVA, why, have the "final battle" reckoning. At least start the aftermath of what is next for survivors.

So let's start with the main protagonist. We now know Ravonna doesnt really know who it is yet. But, she feels a protectiveness? And wants to beat Sylvie and Loki to "them". Kang/Immortus would make a lot of sense. But, in one more episode and you have never introduced them it seems unlikely when we know Kang is in Quantumania. Unless its a far away reveal to be dealt with later. If its just another Loki variant....I mean is that actually interesting?
    I think it being Loki could be interesting because they get pruned the most. We've seen a few get pruned when they change - Loki isn't allowed to change. Why would he be so important to the TVA that they prune him the most? Maybe because one of them did take over the TVA and he fears himself the most.

Using this as a way to introduce Kang then have him escape into the quantum realm to set up the next movie makes more sense to me than it being someone we've never seen.

For those concerned about their ability to wrap up everything in one episode, keep in mind that this series has a Season 2 coming. So this may not all tie up at the end and lead into next season.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    For those concerned about their ability to wrap up everything in one episode, keep in mind that this series has a Season 2 coming. So this may not all tie up at the end and lead into next season.
    Yeah, I'm always keeping that in the back of my mind...

I have a theory that adds on to the theory that a Loki is the one who created the TVA.

What if Old Man Loki is the one behind everything?

He admitted to creating a powerful illusion to make Thanos believed he had killed Loki. He showed his power later on by recreating Asgard. But what if that Old Man Loki was another illusion? And the real one is waiting beyond the cloud monster?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I have a theory that adds on to the theory that a Loki is the one who created the TVA.

He admitted to creating a powerful illusion to make Thanos believed he had killed Loki. He showed his power later on by recreating Asgard. But what if that Old Man Loki was another illusion? And the real one is waiting beyond the cloud monster?
    That cloud monster was killing everything it touched. I have a hard time believing that an illusion killed that navy crew and quickly decayed the ship.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post

Then I guess the question would be raised why he bothered helping out Loki and Sylvie at all, and literally providing them the means to get to him and possibly defeat him. But eh, I guess if it has to be a Loki, Classic Loki would be as good as any. I don't know if see them introducing the villain of an upcoming movie as the antagonist of one of their shows anyway with Kang. So I think it's likely another Loki. Either that or someone completely different, which would be kind of contrived introducing them this late into the series so yeah, Classic Loki could be it.

Ultimate Member

Maybe an Odin or a Thor?

Twisted versions, of course

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Maybe an Odin or a Thor?

Twisted versions, of course
    It would be kind of hilarious if the main villain of a Loki show turns out to be a villainous Thor .

Ironically the Loki that seemed to be mimicking Thor the most was the one that screwed the others over.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    That cloud monster was killing everything it touched. I have a hard time believing that an illusion killed that navy crew and quickly decayed the ship.
    I don't think they're suggesting the cloud monster was fake, as we literally saw it cause destruction and Sylvie was able to connect to it to figure out there was something else beyond it. So the monster itself was real, but Classic Loki himself was just an illusion is what I think they're getting at.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Now, how did I miss that this D+ Marvel show is confirmed to be getting a second season?
    That does alter some things on expectations for the conclusion.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I did not know that. I thought it was one-and-done. Now I hope they don't end on a cliffhanger. I need closure!

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I suspect it might be a conclusion for Hiddleston’s Loki but then the second season will focus on both Sylvie and Kid Loki before they get pulled into Thunderbolts and Young Avengers respectively.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Old Man Loki with the massive distraction for the win!
    Thanos copter...chuckle worthy.
    Frog thor...the easter eggs abound in this show!
    And the heads for Yellowjacket and Living Tribunal (statue?).

Although I need Throg to be safe. I feel bad if he's trapped in that jar for all eternity.