Page 40 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Thread: Loki

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    My question is who is Miss Minutes a variant of?
    She's an AI. I don't think she needs a variant.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post

3. This part:

Actually IRL there's toxoplasma gondii, cordyceps, and countless other parasites that can make the host perform a task without their realizing it, though I doubt that's what's happening here. However, there's likewise other ways to do that just in the regular MCU -- the Mind Stone, telepathy, even Loki's own scheming (no mind control, just good scheming), and that's *without* the technology or the wibbly-wobbly-timey-wimey resources that Kang has access to.

Simply put, of all the things to have a problem with in this episode, the agents acting in ignorance is perhaps the most believable and legitimate of them all.
    Yes, but that's not what they REVEAL at the end of the show, or during the episodes. It's just a messed up premise, depicted through a messed up writing.

As simple as that, the premise WAS that time travel creates "time branches", like the ONES we see in ENDGAME: the New York 2012 Branch, the Thanos 2014 Branch and so on........ okay?

TVA agents are supposed to believe that there's just one timeline, the "sacred timeline", and that alternate universes don't exist anymore.
    YET, they steal people from... alternate universes, not generated by CHOICE or TIME TRAVEL. They are alternate universes from the start.

They believe that they must destroy "time branches". Caused by what? A timeline doesn't branch spontaneously, a timeline branches only with TIME TRAVEL (according to the rules established by ENDGAME).
    If a timeline branches spontaneously, then one CHOICE would create dozens and dozens and dozens of timelines LMAO how would they destroy them?
    MESSED UP WRITING.
    Alligator Loki comes from an alternate universe, not a time branch.

The show is badly written.

Episode ends.

My wife, who is like one step above a casual: "How are they going to wrap this up in the next episode?"

Me: "... this was the season finale"

Wife: "I'm never watching this **** again"
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Episode ends.

My wife, who is like one step above a casual: "How are they going to wrap this up in the next episode?"

A TV season ending on a cliffhanger is pretty much the normal, and has been for some time now. Does she not watch much TV?
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Episode ends.

Show her Twin Peaks next.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I didn't even know they had retconned in a Reed-Kang connection until people started talking about Kang in advance of this show. I also think it's unnecessary.
    ...Agreed. The F4 don't really need to be connected to this at all...
    They pretty well culled The Titans from Thanos' story, I doubt they'll spend too much on Kang's extended relations.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    They pretty well culled The Titans from Thanos' story, I doubt they'll spend too much on Kang's extended relations.
    I'm not sure what the point of them being related even was in the first place. The MCU might show some of his backstory but I doubt it'll go as far back as whom he's related to.

Although I would've liked to see the Titans in Thanos' backstory

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

A friend of mine showed me this. I can't stop laughing

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    Yes, but that's not what they REVEAL at the end of the show, or during the episodes. It's just a messed up premise, depicted through a messed up writing.

As simple as that, the premise WAS that time travel creates "time branches", like the ONES we see in ENDGAME: the New York 2012 Branch, the Thanos 2014 Branch and so on........ okay?

TVA agents are supposed to believe that there's just one timeline, the "sacred timeline", and that alternate universes don't exist anymore.
    YET, they steal people from... alternate universes, not generated by CHOICE or TIME TRAVEL. They are alternate universes from the start.

They believe that they must destroy "time branches". Caused by what? A timeline doesn't branch spontaneously, a timeline branches only with TIME TRAVEL (according to the rules established by ENDGAME).
    If a timeline branches spontaneously, then one CHOICE would create dozens and dozens and dozens of timelines LMAO how would they destroy them?
    MESSED UP WRITING.
    Alligator Loki comes from an alternate universe, not a time branch.

The show is badly written.
    Ok, so you have a few issues. The first being you assume what we learned in Endgame is absolute fact. It's not. It's a working theory. They didn't really have the time to fully study time travel as it was JUST invented. The rules aren't set in stone.

Secondly, time branches and alternate universes are the same thing.

Lastly, those branches are formed via people doing something they aren't "meant" to. They ARE created by choices made. And in order to stop millions of other branches occurring, they take the person who initiated the first change (in this case 2012 Loki) right after they do whatever it is that created the alternate timeline. They then prune the branch before it can spawn any more. They specifically show what would happen if they didn't do this in the first episode, which would be thousands/millions of other branches forming. And that's what we see happening at the end, too.

So it isn't bad writing at all, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    A TV season ending on a cliffhanger is pretty much the normal, and has been for some time now. Does she not watch much TV?
    Probably the first time a cliffhanger ending to a streaming show had implications and consequences for multiple movies.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Probably the first time a cliffhanger ending to a streaming show had implications and consequences for multiple movies.

I mean this one had "more implications" than Wandavision and FATWS but they actually pretty big implications themselves if you think about it.

Boisterously Confused

I guess we won't know until we see the Phase 4 films and series, but do you think P4 will all be set in a different reality than that portrayed in P1-3? Obviously, the cliffhanger indicates that the next season of Loki will be happening in a different reality than the one in which he escaped from The Avengers, but what about the rest of the MCU?

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    If we're talking about manipulation of mind and motivation, I don't think we need the reveal on how it was done moreso than why it was done (the latter of which will likely be answered in due time). And we do know that their memories are wiped because the TVA variants had no memory of their previous lives, nor did they know they were variants in the first place. Mobius still hasn'tsolved why variants are abducted and installed into the TVA and Kang's manipulations ensured that Mobius is back to square one.

I bring up Agents of SHIELD as an example -- we knew Coulson's memories weren't just wiped but also manipulated and manufactured. How it was done wasn't the central mystery, the central mystery was why. So in mind of a twist, Loki is now facing an entire bureaucracy of Coulsons with the TVA.

As it is, we only know a mere fraction of a fraction of what Kang is up to, and this last episode was already exposition-heavy as it is. They weren't going to make a three part finale explaining simply the structure of the TVA, and there's a limit to what can be spoonfed to the audience.

So then if the TVA are mind wiped and lied to in order to keep the old TVA running, their understanding of how time flows/branches/alternates could very well be false, too, as another manipulation by Kang.

Also, keep in mind that however smart that Tony and Bruce are with time travel, they have nothing on the Ancient One, who in turn pales in comparison with everything we've seen in this show. Endgame isn't the end-all (only the, ahem, endgame).
    Last edited by Cyke; 07-16-2021 at 08:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Have there been that many other shows that have been incorporated with movie franchises, much less streaming ones? I mean, you have stuff like Star Trek that had both movie and TV iterations, but the movies were normally done either in their own timeline or using a cast after their show mostly ended. I can't think of that many franchises that connected TV and movie like the MCU has done.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    If we're talking about manipulation of mind and motivation, I don't think we need the reveal on how it was done moreso than why it was done (the latter of which will likely be answered in due time). And we do know that their memories are wiped because the TVA variants had no memory of their previous lives, nor did they know they were variants in the first place. Mobius still hasn'tsolved why variants are abducted and installed into the TVA and Kang's manipulations ensured that Mobius is back to square one.

I bring up Agents of SHIELD as an example -- we knew Coulson's memories weren't just wiped but also manipulated and manufactured. How it was done wasn't the central mystery, the central mystery was why. So in mind of a twist, Loki is now facing an entire bureaucracy of Coulsons with the TVA.

As it is, we only know a mere fraction of a fraction of what Kang is up to, and this last episode was already exposition-heavy as it is. They weren't going to make a three part finale explaining simply the structure of the TVA, and there's a limit to what can be spoonfed to the audience.

So then if the TVA are mind wiped and lied to in order to keep the old TVA running, their understanding of how time flows/branches/alternates could very well be false, too, as another manipulation by Kang.

Also, keep in mind that however smart that Tony and Bruce are with time travel, they have nothing on the Ancient One, who in turn pales in comparison with everything we've seen in this show. Endgame isn't the end-all (only the, ahem, endgame).
    Tony and Bruce were always latecomers when it comes to time travel in the Marvel universe, unless you are talking about the MCU. That still annoys me. I can come up with numerous times in the comics when people "borrowed" Doom's time platform.