Page 52 of 59 FirstFirst ... 242484950515253545556 ... LastLast

Thread: Loki

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    That's definitely a part of it.(it doesn't help that the plan for the latest ep felt like a replay of the first one - probably so they could just use the same set) It's like Star Trek technobabble, which is usually fine because the tech stuff isn't meant to get in the way of the actual story. But here, I'm not sure if there's an actual character-based story to follow. It mostly feels like pieces moving around with thinly-drawn motivations, where Loki, Sylvie and Mobius actually have the least to do.

Also, it's beginning to bug me how it seems like there are only a handful of main people in the TVA despite how massive we know it to be. What are all those other people doing?
    It does feel like it's become more about the "TVA" than Loki without giving us much reason to care about the TVA beyond the characters we like in season 1.

Incredible Member

No, it's actually not. I want (at least one of) the three main characters to have an interesting character-based story. And I want to know what all those other people at the TVA are there for - I don't need to follow them or get to know them, I would simply like an indication of how they contribute. For example, I don't need to follow the lower deck crew members of the Enterprise to buy into the fact that hundreds of people are doing stuff even if the same main characters do all the important stuff, because of how the operations of the ship is presented. The TVA seems to have hundreds of thousands of people who are there to do nothing but serve the TVA, but I don't get a sense that the TVA is that big other than in those massive wide shots.
    I thought we got a good introduction to the TVA in season one. In the TVA you have Judges, Investigators and Hunters. Those are the 3 primary jobs necessary for the TVA’s mission. Everyone else is support staff like KC who keep the day to day operations going. OB seems to be the only tech support for the whole TVA which is odd that it’s only one person but I think that is an important plot point.

Not sure what else we really need to know. Pruning timelines took a lot of personpower.

No, it's actually not. I want (at least one of) the three main characters to have an interesting character-based story. And I want to know what all those other people at the TVA are there for - I don't need to follow them or get to know them, I would simply like an indication of how they contribute. For example, I don't need to follow the lower deck crew members of the Enterprise to buy into the fact that hundreds of people are doing stuff even if the same main characters do all the important stuff, because of how the operations of the ship is presented. The TVA seems to have hundreds of thousands of people who are there to do nothing but serve the TVA, but I don't get a sense that the TVA is that big other than in those massive wide shots.
    you have a point, i was hoping see more of the tva when loki jumps and falls you can see that is like a entery city of thousands of people and theres like flying taxis, loki never has walked to the outside streets of tva , yeah i want to see more of that tva city and his people

Incredible Member

Is Miss Minutes the most sadistic and deranged villain in the MCU?

And chance Ouroboros is the Real Kang? Manipulating time to make it look like He Who Remains is Kang. Or Kang learning to shape shift to become Ouroboros or Ouroboros is a variant of Kang?

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    And chance Ouroboros is the Real Kang? Manipulating time to make it look like He Who Remains is Kang. Or Kang learning to shape shift to become Ouroboros or Ouroboros is a variant of Kang?
    I hope not.

I think they made him way too likeable.

There is no way Ravonna is dead. She and Kang made the end of time, after all, and I am sure she left herself some hidden escape path. But she will still have to deal with everyone she sent there and that big cloud monster, probably. Also I don't think Victor is really dead, as bad as it looked.

My hope is that we see the Loki's again, including my favorite the Logator, in the last couple of episodes.

I'm not really tired of the episodes being super talky, but I do wish Loki were doing more Loki stuff.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    There is no way Ravonna is dead. She and Kang made the end of time, after all, and I am sure she left herself some hidden escape path. But she will still have to deal with everyone she sent there and that big cloud monster, probably. Also I don't think Victor is really dead, as bad as it looked.

My hope is that we see the Loki's again, including my favorite the Logator, in the last couple of episodes.

I'm not really tired of the episodes being super talky, but I do wish Loki were doing more Loki stuff.
    I'm thinking things get "reset" and it undoes Ravonna's pruning.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post

I mean, how do you beat a guy that is a master of time? Even the shocked look at the end of last season of Loki was not explained. So it may all be going according to his plan so far, which I think it is. I am not sure where the hiccup will appear but it may be one of his Variants will appear to mess things up for Kang. OR maybe another Victor will make an appearance or a Richards...

BANNED

Pruning doesn't kill someone though, pruning someone just sends them to the end of the time as we saw last season when Loki, Mobius and Sylvie got pruned.
    People just usually get eaten by Alioth.

Haha, shout out to the concept of ouroboros without OB seeming to realize that's his name.

I'm still stuck on the Balder thing, honestly. Is that all they are planning for him?

While Majors is a very good actor, and to his credit his Kangs all feel like different people, but at some point soon I'm going to want to meet the "real" Kang - the one we're meant to follow throughout the rest of this saga. I hope there's a "main" one in mind because as fun as it is, I don't know how invested I'll be in a rotating series of Kangs as the Next Big Thing of the MCU.
    I'm good with variants, as long as they are more unique. As in, we need Immortus, Scarlet Centurion, and Rama Tut to have a much bigger MCU presence.

I mean, how do you beat a guy that is a master of time? Even the shocked look at the end of last season of Loki was not explained. So it may all be going according to his plan so far, which I think it is. I am not sure where the hiccup will appear but it may be one of his Variants will appear to mess things up for Kang. OR maybe another Victor will make an appearance or a Richards...
    Or an Iron Lad.

Amazing Member

i can see this...

He's obsessed with "himself" aka Timely.

He's the only tech guy in the whole TVA, the inventor of everything?

He seems to always stay on the edge of the trouble while others are sent into the danger.

I’m mad this thought never even occurred to me, but it would make sense. Even the way Timely and OB were gushing over each other is on par with how He Who Remains discussed meeting his other variants.

OB secretly being Kang would be a twist that would make sense. I predict it'll just be something like Timely wasn't killed, but was pulled through a countless number of timelines, where he gets to see countless other Kangs, and when he reforms at the end he is convinced he needs defeat them all, to save every timeline.

So the good guys, in working to save the TVA as the only thing to stop Kang, unintentionally create Kang. Honestly, if they'd ever seen or read any time-travel story, probably should have seen that coming. Your best bet in defeating a time-traveling villain, do nothing. Your heroic efforts won't blunder into causing the villain in some kind of ironic time loop.
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine