Page 58 of 59 FirstFirst ... 848545556575859 LastLast

Thread: Loki

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Hey with all the negative talk about everything MCU here is some positive news.

https://collider.com/loki-season-2-f...rs-11-million/
    That's cool .

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Agreed. But, how many hundreds of millions do you spend on Kang adjacent stories that haven't yet clicked or only talk about what a threat he will be. To be able to carry 2 Avengers movies now after what we have seen so far?

Thats why I was saying he should have had more of a visual build up and win by now.
    He already won. HWR is the Kang variant who won and ruled the entire timeline. His “death” at the end of Loki season 1 was by his design. He wanted someone to take his place, well now Loki has taken his place. Are we sure HWR actually lost?

Quote Originally Posted by HollowSage View Post
    He already won. HWR is the Kang variant who won and ruled the entire timeline. His “death” at the end of Loki season 1 was by his design. He wanted someone to take his place, well now Loki has taken his place. Are we sure HWR actually lost?
    No but it feels like this:

Kang loses - "oh I meant to do that!"
    Kang wins - "meant to do that too!"
    Kang loses again - "all part of the plan"

Remember, Victor Timely was a shyster. Kang is pretty much feeling like that to me, now. If you never really know what he's up to, is he actually up to anything or is he just taking advantage of situations to manipulate people?
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post

Remember, Victor Timely was a shyster. Kang is pretty much feeling like that to me, now. If you never really know what he's up to, is he actually up to anything or is he just taking advantage of situations to manipulate people?
    Isn't that what a SnakeOil Salesman does? A Schyster? A Con Artist? It's all the Art of the Deal.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Isn't that what a SnakeOil Salesman does? A Schyster? A Con Artist? It's all the Art of the Deal.
    It's the con artist version of the Xanatos Gambit, only he's conning *himself* into thinking he's the smartest person in the room and whatever the hell is happening must be his cunningly orchestrated plan, even if he's obviously surprised and amused by the unexpected twists and turns along the way.

Incredible Member

Sounds like a villain to me.

But maybe not a very exciting one.

Yah, we'll send Ant Man again if he shows up. Thats about his speed.

Yah, we'll send Ant Man again if he shows up. Thats about his speed.
    He's a flawed variant.

With Loki at the end of time, can Justice Peace be far from showing up?

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    If that's interesting to you, sure. Personally, I'd prefer one of the main characters to have more going on beyond what happened in the first season.
    This season, I’d argue there was only one main character. Loki was entirely about Loki, which I don’t see as a problem. None of the other characters really mattered, except in their service of his story. They were supporting characters. The smart guys provided the exposition. The others someone for him to bounce off. Sylvie was a guest star. If they had a studio audience, it’s a moment where everyone would’ve cheered. She didn’t need to return at all until the replay at the end of time, but they probably figured people would be missing her, especially if she appears in the finale.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    This season, I’d argue there was only one main character. Loki was entirely about Loki, which I don’t see as a problem. None of the other characters really mattered, except in their service of his story. They were supporting characters. The smart guys provided the exposition. The others someone for him to bounce off. Sylvie was a guest star. If they had a studio audience, it’s a moment where everyone would’ve cheered. She didn’t need to return at all until the replay at the end of time, but they probably figured people would be missing her, especially if she appears in the finale.
    I feel like the most relevant characters were Loki, Mobius, and OB. Everybody else you could pretty much cut out.

I guess there was Timely too.

Ravonna and Miss Minutes didn't even end up doing that much.

It was kinda weird to have Sylvie appear only to show her big motivation, the reason she killed Kang, is so she could hang out at a McDonalds during the 1980s. Of all locations throughout time and space, thats the one you choose? Maybe they figure their audience was mostly all people who were teens during the 1980s.

Ultimate Member

It was kinda weird to have Sylvie appear only to show her big motivation, the reason she killed Kang, is so she could hang out at a McDonalds during the 1980s. Of all locations throughout time and space, thats the one you choose? Maybe they figure their audience was mostly all people who were teens during the 1980s.
    It was interesting that, after hiding out in apocalypses, Sylvie just wanted a *normal life.* Mundane. Safe. Boring. No more worlds ending around you, with all that drama and tragedy and hopelessness. I think she was perhaps too traumatized by her own past, and where she had to hide to continue living, to even dare to dream for something a little more ambitious than this safe and boring little slice of mundanity.

Perhaps she'd seen too many dreams die, to be willing to risk one for herself.

The McDonald's during the 1980s is just the first place she ended up, right after killing HWR and (in her mind) finally setting everything right.

I don't think she was supposed to have any kind of big motivation remaining, after killing HWR. She was content and happy just to not have to keep running, as she has for all of her life since she was a kid. That she was working at McDonalds instead of something more cushy I think is just showing she's not greedy or trying to take any shortcuts, from here on out. The idea being like, if Loki had never shown up again, she would have contentedly lived out the rest of her life as a regular person working mundane, inconsequential work.

I didn't personally feel like all of that made her actions and stance seem any more noble, but I think that was the point. She was at least consistent about living her beliefs. Not like she killed Kang and decided to set up some sweet little empire to rule for herself; she legit just wanted to take down the bad guy, and after that, just be a normal person.
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine