Page 27 of 59 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: Loki

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wikoogle View Post
    I think I dug too deep into the weeds without explaining the main premise.

Many believe that there are certain universal mathematical principles that ALL systems obey. Principles such as evolution, entropy, etc, its called systems theory.

One such principle is that in any system that allows for uncontrolled exponential growth of any entity will very rapidly accelerate towards a tipping point beyond which the system fails altogether, often through cataclysmic events. This is seen in every system, whether we are talking about deer populations in an environment without any effective predators, seizure disorders that occur in children whose brain fail to enter the pruning at the appropriate age, the stock market during a period of extraordinary growth, and the trajectory of global warming that honestly should alarm everyone that understands the simulations. It is also true of life, both in the MCU and in the form that it exists in our reality, a 4th dimensional projection of a 11+th dimensional universe.

And this is precisely why I believe entities like Galactus, Thanos and the TVA exists in the MCU. Now that both Thanos and the TVA has failed, the incursions from Hickman’s storyline are inevitable. I hope that given this context, my post below makes a bit more sense…
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post5617603
    Forty-two. ;p

The worst part of dating yourself would be that eventually you'd have to have the "its not you, its me" conversation.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Ultimate Member

Do we know if she's actually a gender flipped Loki?

I mean, that might just be her Nexus point. She was just a random Frost Giant baby that Odin adopted, not the son of the king he just defeated. Once she was set on a path of not evil, she tripped an alarm and boom.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Do we know if she's actually a gender flipped Loki?
    Yes. The show spend most of its run time telling us she is a Loki variant. Opening scene of episode 4 has her acknowledging this as the moon they were on was going to explode.

It seems like she was a girl from the start, at least the way she tells us and the one time we see her as a child it's as a girl even though she still looked more like Hiddleston's Loki.

It didn't seem like it was a problem until she started playing...

Yeah, her idolization of the Valkryie being her Nexus point is probably the best theory right now. Though the show can always throw a spanner and have it be something else. She seemed to have more of an affinity for being nice as shown when she saw another variant in the TVA and was concerned, so if it's not the fact she was born a girl, her alignment falling more towards good could be it. Loki being good from the start would have major timeline effects. But also, the TVA is BS as we now know, so maybe whoever is the mastermind of it, had their own ulterior motives besides just the timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    Yeah, her idolization of the Valkryie being her Nexus point is probably the best theory right now. Though the show can always throw a spanner and have it be something else. She seemed to have more of an affinity for being nice as shown when she saw another variant in the TVA and was concerned, so if it's not the fact she was born a girl, her alignment falling more towards good could be it. Loki being good from the start would have major timeline effects. But also, the TVA is BS as we now know, so maybe whoever is the mastermind of it, had their own ulterior motives besides just the timeline.
    Especially if they were fine with her being an AU variant when they seem so obsessed with preventing alternate timelines, but I guess that's not what the TVA is actually about.

After reading the entire thread I'm surprised no one has mentioned the murals on the walls of the courtroom shown to us as Loki is walking toward the judge's bench. One obviously depicts Loki with his arms outstretched dressed in a white shirt and green and gold vest. This dramatic reveal scene is also shown very briefly in one of the trailers. I have to assume it's either "our Loki" in a scene from some forthcoming episode or a variant revealing himself to be the "man behind the curtain" of the TVA. In any case, it's likely a significant moment or it wouldn't be on the mural.

Something else is the depiction of Loki as the Christ figure in the stain-glass window of the church where the TVA agents were massacred.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

It's interesting to me that MCU-Sylvie appears to be an amalgamation of Lady Loki, Amora, Sylvie Lushton, and Lorelei. Lady Loki obviously, for the general concept; Amora and Sylvie is her powerset and namesake; but Lorelei is the one where the idea of 'relationship with Loki' seems to come from. Since like, Lorelei frequently worked with Loki in the Silver/Bronze age, like play-acting with Loki (disguised as Thor) to get under Sif's skin, and apparently she managed to enchant herself into falling in love with Loki at one point (never read that, Wiki'd it tho).

And in Agent of Asgard, modern-Loki explicitly recalls having a casual sexual relationship with Lorelei back when he was classic-Loki, and she was part of his 'heist crew' in that issue of AoA.

A strange hodge-podge of things going on here with MCU Sylvie, she's pretty much a wholly original character at this point. Interested in seeing what it all goes, tho personally I think it's been...awkward. Believe me, I LOVE that there's officially sanctioned Disney self-cest because that is hilarious, but the presentation has been lackluster IMO.

(Also I didn't quite expect this many similarities with Crash Bandicoot 4, and the new Rachet and Clank games, but 2020-2021 has been a pair of truly strange years. Seriously the N.Tropies are blue-skinned, super-narccists, have green and gold in their costumes, pronged helmets, and are gender-flipped alternate versions of each other who spend their entire onscreen time flirting with each other and plot to overthrow time/creation together. Watching Morbius grill Loki was like watching a liveacted version of the Crash fanbase's reaction to the N.Tropies from last year!)
    Last edited by Byakko; 07-07-2021 at 02:05 AM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Glorious purpose!

Pour one out for old Loki. It sucks he couldn't last for more than one episode but left his mark. It was fun seeing a comic accurate Loki while it lasted.

Gator Loki is not to be messed with. I like he went into attack mode when his merit came into question. Hope he pops back up in the finally.

I kinda want to know the story of Kid Loki killing his Thor. Given that he was leading the other Lokis he probably isn't as evil as the others. We got Young Avengers to build to so hopefully he gets out of the void eventually.

What does Moribus plan to do to bring down the TVA? His only possible allies are B-15 and C-20 (assuming she still alive). He should have found himself some other Owen Wilsons
    Last edited by Immortal Weapon; 07-07-2021 at 06:58 AM.

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

i loved classic loki's thanos strategy, i always wondered things like why no invisibility/intangibility/fake-out/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gold Stream View Post
    i loved classic loki's thanos strategy, i always wondered things like why no invisibility/intangibility/fake-out/etc.
    I guess Loki actually being there and getting killed, was proof he was now above just thinking of himself or his own survival, but cared about what was going to happen to his brother and his people, since he also was the reason Thanos attacked, so him slipping away undetected leaving Thor there for dead, would have been kind of scummy, which I guess shows great character development from "our" Loki while classic Loki still retained his more selfish traits up to that point.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Gold Stream View Post
    Loki probably knew that Thanos wouldn't leave without his pound of flesh, and though he had little chance of surviving, the best option would be throwing himself on Thanos' sword, so to speak, to at least save Thor.

Who knew that in a show about Loki the most duplicitous and manipulative character would be Ravonna? Then again, she was able to manipulate Kang the Conqueror in the comics from what I remember...

Did Alligator Loki just roll his eyes? Or roll his eyes as much as an alligator can?

Why do the other Loki's defer to Kid Loki? Because he actually managed to kill Thor, or at least killed him way earlier than any other Loki. Which is kind of ironic considering Kid Loki in the comics probably cared about Thor the most.

People kept asking for a Thanos cameo, well, here's the Thanos Copter for some reason. And poor Frog Thor trying to get back to Mjolnir.

So Old Loki managed to find a way to survive Thanos (I guess Prime!Loki just didn't think that far ahead) and live out his days in isolation until he finally wanted to see Thor again and got collected by the TVA. Kind of sad.

I thought Vote Loki was going to be the main Loki, but it turns out to be another Variant. He honestly acted the most like Thor 1 - The Dark World Loki compared to what we're dealing with now. No surprise that a bunch of Loki Variants would be playing Game of Thrones with who gets to be in charge.

Does Miss Minutes actually know who founded the TVA? She seems more aware than I think we're giving her credit for.

So apparently the female Variant is the most morally righteous and smart of all the Loki's. Gender paradigms, what can you do?

I'm glad Loki was able to hug Mobius before seeing him off.

Compared to past Marvel cloud monsters (Galactus, Dormammu), this was actually pretty intimidating.

Old Loki was probably the strongest Loki, able to actually cast a full magical recreation of Asgard...and he went out so epically.

So Loki and Sylvie are going to be confronting the creator of the TVA while Mobius tries to take down the TVA and Ravonna...will we get to see both arcs play out in the finale? Of course Ravonna is trying to find the truth of the TVA too.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Solid penultimate episode. Lets see what they have in store for a finale.

Old Man Loki with the massive distraction for the win!
    Thanos copter...chuckle worthy.
    Frog thor...the easter eggs abound in this show!

Ravonna really doesn't know anymore. Will she be on the right side next week? Eight Ball says "outcome unsure". I'm saying no, we still need someone to be against right? Is Ravonna the new head of the TVA? Last episode seems a bad place to make the actual reveal of a new player(s).
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime