Page 43 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast

Thread: Loki

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    If there is only one timeline, is (was, whatever) Old Loki actually Prime Loki? Old Loki created an illusion of Thanos killing him and skipped town. He wasn't pruned until he decided to try to make himself know again, which was centuries or millennia later.

So he's either the Prime Loki grown old, or there are multiple timelines in existence in addition to the sacred timeline because Old Loki was allowed to grow old.
    That's my understanding.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    No matter what variant of Kang we get I hope each one has their own Miss Minutes.
    And all of them voiced by Tara Strong! But using different character voices!

I think the Sacred Timeline is more a collection of timelines that basically all follow the same path. They can have minor variations, but as long as they don't vary too much, they don't have to be pruned. Classic Loki didn't need to be pruned for the time he was assumed dead because him living isolated an another planet didn't have any major effects on the timeline.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    I think the Sacred Timeline is more a collection of timelines that basically all follow the same path. They can have minor variations, but as long as they don't vary too much, they don't have to be pruned. Classic Loki didn't need to be pruned for the time he was assumed dead because him living isolated an another planet didn't have any major effects on the timeline.
    More or less this. Keep in mind that the entire point of "The Sacred Timeline" is to prevent variant Kangs from being created. Or rather, variants of He-Who-Remains.

That's the hard red line that the TVA is trying to prevent, the point at which offshoot timelines, and the variants that create them, need to be pruned. Anything that diverges enough to create a new version of Kang, and thus restart the multiversal war, must be pruned. Any deviation small enough that it doesn't lead to a new Kang is fine.

Presumably, since Classic Loki effectively abandoned the universe as was thus more or less dead, his existence didn't alter things in any meaningful way. But then he decided to reappear, and that caused the ripples that led to his pruning. Had he lived out his days in exile, he probably would have been fine.

Interestingly, we still don't know what Sylvie's Nexus Event was. But given He-Who-Remains seems to have steered much of her life to this point, it's entirely possible that there WASN'T one. HWR sent the TVA to bring in Sylvie, precisely so she could escape and become the variant renegade who would ultimately confront him at the end of time. Her entire life is basically a predestination paradox, and her only act of true free will is destroying HWR... and basically dooming the multiverse. Thanks?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    If there is only one timeline, is (was, whatever) Old Loki actually Prime Loki? Old Loki created an illusion of Thanos killing him and skipped town. He wasn't pruned until he decided to try to make himself know again, which was centuries or millennia later.

So he's either the Prime Loki grown old, or there are multiple timelines in existence in addition to the sacred timeline because Old Loki was allowed to grow old.
    I am not sure, but it seems like multiple timelines naturally occur alongside the "sacred timeline" but when a nexus event happens if left unchecked, it creates a new universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryochan View Post
    And all of them voiced by Tara Strong! But using different character voices!
    I wonder if every Kang has an AI voiced by Tara Strong and HWR's took the form of Miss Minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Interestingly, we still don't know what Sylvie's Nexus Event was. But given He-Who-Remains seems to have steered much of her life to this point, it's entirely possible that there WASN'T one. HWR sent the TVA to bring in Sylvie, precisely so she could escape and become the variant renegade who would ultimately confront him at the end of time. Her entire life is basically a predestination paradox, and her only act of true free will is destroying HWR... and basically dooming the multiverse. Thanks?
    And it served HWR's plan just the same because even if he dies, another Kang will probably end up becoming him and doing the same thing over again.

Just finished the season. SO GOOD! Tom Hiddleston... woof! In that outfit, pecs and as bulging. HA! Really enjoyable, engaging and I'm pumped for season 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    It really makes me want a completely daft alt universe movie featuring Richard E Grant’s Loki and Dolph Lundgren as Thor.
    I would WATCH THE SH*T out of that, if it ever happened! Sounds evvvvvvverything!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    It's going to be so hard for anyone to watch Dr Who after watching this show. This is the best Dr Who anyone has gotten in awhile.
    Ha! FACTS!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    Also I liked and I think means a lot about the fact ...

spoilers:
    that after the kiss between Sylvie and Loki, she said "I am not you" after throw him to a portal, this fact can mean a lot and possibly the beginning of being called the Enchantress soon.
    end of spoilers
    I assumed that was her true purpose/concept the moment they called her Sylvie. Am I alone in that?

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Definitely my favourite of the three shows so far. The conclusion really indicates that anything could happen now. Season Two is going to be very interesting, but I am curious to see if What If will give us some clues ahead of time.
    For me it goes:
    1. WandVision
    2. Loki
    ---- BIG GAP ----
    3. Falcon and Winter Soldier (got to episode 4, finally... it's just so meh).

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    This is why I don't like TV shows vs movies.
    6 hours of TV and no resolution. Just a cliffhanger and "cya in a few years for season 2. make sure to check out our other products in between!"
    So you hated Avengers: Infinity Wars, right?

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Also, Tara Strong does a great job with her Miss Minutes scene with the Lokis.
    YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! I KNEW IT! I had this gut feeling it was her, she's in everything. Come through, Bubbles!!!
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Just finished the season. SO GOOD! Tom Hiddleston... woof! In that outfit, pecs and as bulging. HA! Really enjoyable, engaging and I'm pumped for season 2.

I would WATCH THE SH*T out of that, if it ever happened! Sounds evvvvvvverything!

Ha! FACTS!

I assumed that was her true purpose/concept the moment they called her Sylvie. Am I alone in that?

For me it goes:
    1. WandVision
    2. Loki
    ---- BIG GAP ----
    3. Falcon and Winter Soldier (got to episode 4, finally... it's just so meh).

So you hated Avengers: Infinity Wars, right?

YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! I KNEW IT! I had this gut feeling it was her, she's in everything. Come through, Bubbles!!!

I will defend FATWS not that I disagree with you. I really think Covid jacked up a lot of that production and they were not able to do what they wanted.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I loved F&TWS, I've read some folks gripes but just do not understand how they arrive at their complaints. *shrug*

The only weak point I grant an agreement is the Red Head girl(already forget her name). She and her group were strawmen to move the action and plot of what is really important.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Ultimate Member

I'm not a huge fan of either Sam Wilson or Bucky Barnes to begin with so that's probably why I'd rank the other two above FaWS. Although I did appreciate it, as an MCU project, actually dealing with race and politics in some way, instead of shying away from it or "both side-ing" it.

Loki really went in a direction I didn't totally expect, so that's a plus. And it didn't pretend Loki's a good guy, like what happened with Magneto in the XCU

FatWS, for me, had good things to say overall but I would rather read the pamphlet than watch the show. As has been said, the Flag Smashers were dumb, just a macguffin to move Sam to become Captain America. And why did he become that, anyways? He already has a badass identity and is super good at it and it was uniquely his own. The first episode showed off his skills incredibly well. Oh but sorry, Mr. black guy, you can't really say you've arrived until you step into the white guy's role. Hahah, finally proof black people are awesome! Dumb show, dumb premise. Liked what it had to say in a couple of speeches, but a pointless show with mostly characters I could not have cared less about.

1. Loki
    2. Wandavision
    3. FatWS
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Well, I think HWA was definitely a lot more memorable in one sequence than the Flag-Smashers were in an entire season, but I think F&TWS portrayed its protagonists a little more consistently.

I also think it acknowledged it's protagonists faults and virtues more fairly than WandaVision did. Mobius did a better job engaging with Loki than Monica did with Wanda in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    FatWS, for me, had good things to say overall but I would rather read the pamphlet than watch the show. As has been said, the Flag Smashers were dumb, just a macguffin to move Sam to become Captain America. And why did he become that, anyways? He already has a badass identity and is super good at it and it was uniquely his own. The first episode showed off his skills incredibly well. Oh but sorry, Mr. black guy, you can't really say you've arrived until you step into the white guy's role. Hahah, finally proof black people are awesome! Dumb show, dumb premise. Liked what it had to say in a couple of speeches, but a pointless show with characters I could not have cared less about.

1. Loki
    2. Wandavision
    3. FatWS
    I don't think he had to be Captain America, I like him just fine as Falcon, but the point was taking back the symbol as a means of empowerment and to say something in the present day.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Loki really went in a direction I didn't totally expect, so that's a plus. And it didn't pretend Loki's a good guy, like what happened with Magneto in the XCU
    Agreed on all points, I 100% did not see this ending coming nor did they try to magically make him all unicorns and rainbows good guy. It was such a solid, fun series, with lots of variety and great moments. Bring on season 2!
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, I think HWA was definitely a lot more memorable in one sequence than the Flag-Smashers were in an entire season, but I think F&TWS portrayed its protagonists a little more consistently.

I also think it acknowledged it's protagonists faults and virtues more fairly than WandaVision did. Mobius did a better job engaging with Loki than Monica did with Wanda in my opinion.

I don't think he had to be Captain America, I like him just fine as Falcon, but the point was taking back the symbol as a means of empowerment and to say something in the present day.
    I never understood the whole "take it back as empowerment" thing people always mention. How exactly does that work? Falcon was a good identity of its own.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Agreed on all points, I 100% did not see this ending coming nor did they try to magically make him all unicorns and rainbows good guy. It was such a solid, fun series, with lots of variety and great moments. Bring on season 2!
    I can't imagine what season 2 will be about yet. Will Kang return? Will we see more of Asgard?

I had something to say about the above F&WS comments above, but this is the Loki thread, so I will ask:

How long before we see Miss Minutes in a comic book? It wouldn't surprise me if it's the next time we see Kang (in something that wasn't written before this show started, that is) ... and she will be terrifying.