Page 8 of 59 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Thread: Loki

Yea it's Obvious the TVA is gonna be destroyed here or atleast crippled. Iono if it's gonna be this Loki or the other variant who sees themselves as a liberator giving free will back to people. But for Dr Strange 2 to happen they're has to be a multiverse.

So everything that happened in Endgame was suppose to happen. Then why was Loki's escape not suppose to? Avengers did what they were always suppose to do. Does that mean there was a 3rd party interfering there that we didn't see that lead to Lokis escape. Maybe Lady Loki.

Also seems people are convinced the middle time keeper is Kang. If it is I'm betting it's Immortus separate from the main Kang Majors will be playing in Antman 3. Also why did Loki call them Space Lizards? Did I miss something they didn't look like Lizards to me.

Also Owen Wilson was great can't wait for more of him. Hope he continues on in the MCU post Loki season 1.

Incredible Member

2021.01.12-02.55-boundingintocomics-5ffd0fae000f1-768x1174.jpg

wonder if the loki series will introduce immortus or kang.
    Attached Images Attached Images

No way are the Time Keepers real. In a story, if people keep going on about a supremely powerful being who's behind everything but you never see them, it's just a guy behind the curtain.

Also, Owen Wilson being called Agent Moebius is suspicious as hell, and you just know we'll see all the "other" Loki scenes from his perspective after he busts loose later in the series.
    Last edited by Frobisher; 06-10-2021 at 02:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    2. The Time Keepers lied. There is still a multiverse, but they did something to hide those universes, they chose one timeline to call the 'Sacred Timeline', and the TVA exists to make sure those other timelines don't get more powerful then the Time Keeper's chosen timeline.
    I like that idea, but what if each timeline has its own TVA and they each think they're the "Sacred timeline?" Can't have another multiversal war if each timeline thinks they're the only ones left.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Pretty sure they said the merged the multiverse into one, sacred timeline.
    Exactly.

The series (thus far) explicitly states there's no multiverse.

But I think something will happen that leads to a multiverse.

I think something is defintiely going to happen to the TVA to recreate the Multiverse and thus, narratively, free "fate" so people can make their own destiny and not one set in stone by Time Gods.

The Avengers ended up getting the Space Stone from Steve and Tony's trip so maybe they were just supposed to get the Time Stone from the Ancient One during the Battle of New York and not free Loki?

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    For me the biggest question here is that second Loki variant. When does he come from? Was he (or she, I suppose, with Loki being fluid) spawned from an event we might already have seen? Or is it a future where Loki lived past Thanos? What circumstances created him? Could he even be the future incarnation of THIS Loki variant? Part of me is expecting Old Man Loki now. With this Loki forced to choose between winning his freedom in the now by stopping his future self, but possibly being forced to accept some terrible outcome that results, or siding with himself and trying to change fate.
    The way the show played out, it looks like the TVA stopped Loki right after he teleported away before he could do anything. But I don't buy it. My theory is that we are dealing with three copies of Loki, all tied to the same event:

-Loki #1 who is now in an Asgardian jail
    -Loki #2 who teleported and started doing stuff and now is running rampant
    -Loki #3 who got snatched by the TVA when they fixed the timeline

The question is, how did Loki #2 escape the variant timeline and enter into the Sacred one?
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    The way the show played out, it looks like the TVA stopped Loki right after he teleported away before he could do anything. But I don't buy it. My theory is that we are dealing with three copies of Loki, all tied to the same event:

-Loki #1 who is now in an Asgardian jail
    -Loki #2 who teleported and started doing stuff and now is running rampant
    -Loki #3 who got snatched by the TVA when they fixed the timeline

The question is, how did Loki #2 escape the variant timeline and enter into the Sacred one?
    Maybe Loki #3 somehow ends up creating Loki #2 while trying to stop Loki #2.

Ultimate Member

Loki 2 becomes Loki 3 by the end of the series, having to hop back through time to destroy the TVA while avoiding his own earlier bumbling attempts to 'catch' himself!

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Yea it's Obvious the TVA is gonna be destroyed here or atleast crippled.
    Showing all those tracking shots felt a bit like a Chekov's gun to me.

The city is going to burn, ain't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    No way are the Time Keepers real. In a story, if people keep going on about a supremely powerful being who's behind everything but you never see them, it's just a guy behind the curtain.

Also, Owen Wilson being called Agent Moebius is suspicious as hell, and you just know we'll see all the "other" Loki scenes from his perspective after he busts loose later in the series.
    I wouldn't be too surprised if Mo is the reason why things are getting messed up. Or at least the catalyst behind why things are getting messed up. Maybe he's a Mr. Alternity fake-out?

I kind of wonder if He Who Remains will show up at some point ...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think something is defintiely going to happen to the TVA to recreate the Multiverse and thus, narratively, free "fate" so people can make their own destiny and not one set in stone by Time Gods.

The Avengers ended up getting the Space Stone from Steve and Tony's trip so maybe they were just supposed to get the Time Stone from the Ancient One during the Battle of New York and not free Loki?
    Is there an analogous Marvel version of DC's Book of Destiny? If so, maybe Loki burns it.

I think the heavy use of the moniker "god of Mischief" is going to come into play this series with Loki doing things to unset the timelines so he can choose his own destiny.

As an aside, doesn't She-Hulk have major history with the TVA? I wonder if she'll show up or if her show will tie into this one at all?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Is there an analogous Marvel version of DC's Book of Destiny? If so, maybe Loki burns it.

I think the heavy use of the moniker "god of Mischief" is going to come into play this series with Loki doing things to unset the timelines so he can choose his own destiny.

As an aside, doesn't She-Hulk have major history with the TVA? I wonder if she'll show up or if her show will tie into this one at all?
    As powerful as the TVA seems, Loki was able to handle them pretty well with his typical combination of seeming cooperation followed up with treachery. These guys are way overconfident in a pretty fragile structure and Loki is not the guy you want around anywhere near their workings. Should have pruned him like everyone but Moebius keeps insisting be done. Either Moebius is really dumb or he is not at all what he seems.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    As powerful as the TVA seems, Loki was able to handle them pretty well with his typical combination of seeming cooperation followed up with treachery. These guys are way overconfident in a pretty fragile structure and Loki is not the guy you want around anywhere near their workings. Should have pruned him like everyone but Moebius keeps insisting be done. Either Moebius is really dumb or he is not at all what he seems.
    I thought they were pretty clear why Mobius thinks they need Loki since Mobius thinks Loki is their best shot at stopping the other version of himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I thought they were pretty clear why Mobius thinks they need Loki since Mobius thinks Loki is their best shot at stopping the other version of himself.
    Yea he also seemed to be genuinely trying to help Loki. Now that could be for selfish reasons in an attempt to make Loki trust and cooperate with him. But iono seemed like Mobius genuinely liked him. He's also one hell of a therapist lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Yea he also seemed to be genuinely trying to help Loki. Now that could be for selfish reasons in an attempt to make Loki trust and cooperate with him. But iono seemed like Mobius genuinely liked him. He's also one hell of a therapist lol.
    Yeah, he seems genuinely compassionate towards Loki and trying to understand him, although there could be ulterior motives...

Boisterously Confused

Endgame's time heist. Might that have been TVA patch-plumbing after Thanos dinked with time to recover the Mind Stone? Could be their fixes are a bit messier than they let on.