Page 14 of 44 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 655

Thread: Loki

  1. #196
    Silver Sentinel BeastieRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    11,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Yes - I was just about to say the same thing. Considering how powerful the TVA is supposed to be, their people are all being taken down by someone with a knife. (and a lantern in the first ep) Is it a Vibranium knife? A magic knife? Is it The Time Knife? How lame is their armor? You'd think after the first few ambushes they'd think of a way to protect themselves from a knife. (they should go to Kingpin's tailor) Also, I get that Marvel doesn't want to overuse guns, but they should have some kind of long-range weapon. Still, I can sorta let it go since I think part of the point of how the TVA is being presented is meant to demonstrate that they're not as powerful or righteous as they think they are.
    A time gun seems like a bad weapon for the work they do, IMHO. The batons that mess with your personal time field, the reset bombs, and time loop collars I think fit what they need to do. A gun tied to time could end up missing the target and erasing/resetting someone or something they didn't intend to.

    I think showing them outmatched is a good story beat. They probably have "the Bug Guns™️" held in reserve. Would not be surprised if Justice Peace unloads one later in the series.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Personally I don't see why they bother to try and apprehend variants in the first place. Just pop in, use the reset thingy and leave. Boom. Any variant standing around would be pruned, it seems.
    I'm sure they'll be explaining why that is bad in the next episode since the other Loki just created a TON of branches with the scatter bombs.

    I bet if you reset a timeline with a variant present, the variant just gets to watch it go back to normal. Then they could just start over again. That would explain why you have to "delete" or "remove" a variant physically from the timeline.

    Hence why they can hide in big events and not be seen because they can just do whatever after each reset.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 06-17-2021 at 01:35 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

  2. #197
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    68,770

    Default

    I'd be surprised if those batons don't have a long-range feature, but considering they haven't used it yet...

  3. #198
    Boisterously Confused
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,149

    Default

    You know, this is almost certainly not what's going on, but when we saw the Villain Variant I couldn't help thinking that one of Loki's specialties is illusion

  4. #199
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    561

    Default

    It seem that her TVA file has her named as spoilers:
    Sylvie Laufeydottir
    end of spoilers

    This would point to the evidence that she is a Variant.

    Maybe she doesn't like being call Loki because, that name rubs her of her identity, the fact that she had a life of her own that the TVA erased because it didn't fit their sacred timeline.

  5. #200
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    68,770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    It seem that her TVA file has her named as spoilers:
    Sylvie Laufeydottir
    end of spoilers

    This would point to the evidence that she is a Variant.

    Maybe she doesn't like being call Loki because, that name rubs her of her identity, the fact that she had a life of her own that the TVA erased because it didn't fit their sacred timeline.
    spoilers:
    Are we ever going to get Amora in the MCU?
    end of spoilers

  6. #201
    Amazing Member Adam Allen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    612

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    A time gun seems like a bad weapon for the work they do, IMHO. The batons that mess with your personal time field, the reset bombs, and time loop collars I think fit what they need to do. A gun tied to time could end up missing the target and erasing/resetting someone or something they didn't intend to.

    I think showing them outmatched is a good story beat. They probably have "the Bug Guns™️" held in reserve. Would not be surprised if Justice Peace unloads one later in the series.



    I'm sure they'll be explaining why that is bad in the next episode since the other Loki just created a TON of branches with the scatter bombs.

    I bet if you reset a timeline with a variant present, the variant just gets to watch it go back to normal. Then they could just start over again. That would explain why you have to "delete" or "remove" a variant physically from the timeline.

    Hence why they can hide in big events and not be seen because they can just do whatever after each reset.

    See, I think it would be weird for me if they do have some kind of special forces in reserve or something, because what were they waiting for? They've already been saying how many of their teams have been wiped out by the Variant, and their recruiting Loki has been portrayed as kind of an act of desperation, something they wouldn't usually do and most of them still think is crazy -- with all that established, how do you later come back and so, oh no, we weren't serious before, but now we're really mad?


    Meh, anyway, and more importantly -- you guys really following all this Sacred Timeline and Variants and "no more multiverse" business? Because I'm just kind of along for the ride, but I really don't get it. There's already more than one timeline, right? Like, the Avengers movies showed there's at least two, the one where Thanos dies on that alien planet, after the Snap, and the other where their Thanos and all his forces just disappear into thin air way before he ever assembles the Gauntlet, because he followed our main storyline Avengers back to earth, and was killed there.

    That's going to make for two pretty different timelines, right? One where half the universe was wiped out for five years before being brought back, and another where that never happened? So, there's lots of timelines? If that's the case, then the TVA is monitoring all of these, and only "pruning" when someone does something they're not supposed to?

    So ... those Time Masters or whatever, are monitoring all timelines, but just have the TVA in the Sacred Timeline, and send them out to other ones to stop a branch from happening, based on whatever special knowledge they have? Is that ... the basic setup, prior to whatever Lady Loki just did? Or was I already misunderstanding?

    Full disclosure, didn't understand exactly what she did at the end there, either.
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

  7. #202
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,674

    Default

    I know its been said before but the production design on this show is brilliant

  8. #203
    Boisterously Confused
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    Are we ever going to get Amora in the MCU?
    end of spoilers
    Probably not. I love her, but spoilers:
    the sex vixen temptress is not a character Disney has any interest in depicting. AoS did so with Lorieli, but that was before the Disney deal
    end of spoilers

  9. #204
    Boisterously Confused
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    I know its been said before but the production design on this show is brilliant
    Yeah, it really is. There are some confusing bits, like why they have to pour over files, instead of an AI doing the work, or the inefficiency of dialing a rotary phone, but it is gorgeous. I wonder if they'll explain the contradictions, or just leave it to us to puzzle over.

  10. #205
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,795

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Yeah, it really is. There are some confusing bits, like why they have to pour over files, instead of an AI doing the work, or the inefficiency of dialing a rotary phone, but it is gorgeous. I wonder if they'll explain the contradictions, or just leave it to us to puzzle over.
    I suspect the TVA is a place formed by “impressions” of reality in a way - it’s a hodge podge of anachronisms and oddities that alters reality within its domain.

    Or it could be a sign of the fall ability and limits of the Timekeepers powers.
    Franchise Wars Podcast and YouTube Host.
    TITANS pilot Recap, Reaction, and Review video! https://youtu.be/l1tKBTUtiyM
    The Force Awakens vs The Last Jedi https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...=2&i=408109126
    Teen Titans (03) vs Teen Titans Go! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...=2&i=400482734

  11. #206
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    68,770

    Default

    Even Loki asked exactly where they were. The future? Somewhere outside of time? Mobius didn't answer him.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Probably not. I love her, but spoilers:
    the sex vixen temptress is not a character Disney has any interest in depicting. AoS did so with Lorieli, but that was before the Disney deal
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I don't think Enchantress is that far off from actual Disney villains. It's probably way past where they would be doing anything between her and Thor anyways.
    end of spoilers

  12. #207
    Astonishing Member Frobisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    2,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    A time gun seems like a bad weapon for the work they do, IMHO. The batons that mess with your personal time field, the reset bombs, and time loop collars I think fit what they need to do. A gun tied to time could end up missing the target and erasing/resetting someone or something they didn't intend to.

    I think showing them outmatched is a good story beat. They probably have "the Bug Guns™️" held in reserve. Would not be surprised if Justice Peace unloads one later in the series.
    The idea that cops should be sparying bullets everywhere like John Matrix seems like a peculiarly American affliction. I absolutely agree that the minutemen are going into known situations to carry out delicate correction work and their equipment is clearly a sufficient edge to achieve that objective. We also now know that they're often being ambushed by their own team mates during these incidents, and that would catch pretty much anyone out.

  13. #208
    Fantastic Member Jack The Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    450

    Default

    My one big hope for this show is that Mobius doesn’t die

  14. #209
    Astonishing Member Captain Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    3,987

    Default

    I finally got to watch the first two episodes of LOKI. Curious how many answers we will get in the next 4 episodes. Loki asks a lot of questions(cause in some ways he is our stand-in) but hasn't gotten much in the way of answers.

    -these Timekeepers decide time, no free will you say?
    -where/when exactly are we...is it the future?
    -I'm(loki) in trouble for violating time but I wouldn't even be here if not for the time traveling Avengers, why aren't they in trouble?(Mobius does say that was approved but Loki has a point)

    Mobius shows that across the timelines their main Variant foe has been Loki doppelgangers. To even get on the TVA's radar you'd need to powerful. Lets circle back to that disintegrated person for not taking a ticket. Now, assuming he's making valid threats, his dad is "_________"(CEO, President, whatever) at Goldman Sachs. So, who is his dad? A powerful entity masquerading as his human dad and he stumbled across a powerful element that got him on TVA's radar? My thinking is.....how many possible threats to Time exist in any ONE timeline to really warrant a TVA in the first place??

    With the Dr. Strange 2 film being about timelines and alternate realities I also have trouble thinking this TVA is that all powerful. Same for these Timekeepers. This show is going to trump the cinematic entries?

    Loving the production value and acting and I'm along for the ride.


    EDIT: Can the thread title be renamed? Remove 'trailer'. I'm guessing the OP intended to just discuss the trailer and it has been hijacked as the show discussion thread now.
    Last edited by Captain Craig; 06-18-2021 at 06:34 AM.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

  15. #210
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    68,770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    My one big hope for this show is that Mobius doesn’t die
    I wonder if he'll get to ride a jet ski.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •