Page 13 of 59 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Loki

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    He was quizzing Loki because he overheard Loki saying that he watched all the training videos.
    Always remember when you read fan theories about stuff like this that fans are people perfectly incapable of parsing what happened in a fairly straightforward scene.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Yeah like the guy who asks Loki "What do these do?" Wow dude you might wanna know what a weapon is before you strap them to your chest. I mean this is serious right? Then hunter is still underestimating Loki after all this. Yeah they really are looking bad.
    Umm, the guy knew exactly what they were. He was quizzing Loki, who only skimmed the reading material.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    They do need to work on the time travel theory and mechanics in the mcu. I mean Loki gives an example of Ragnarok that doesn't hold up. Then mobius affirms it doesn't hold up because "There has to be no warnings and no survivors" So why use that metaphor in the first place? Like the writers just caught it was a bad example and had to correct themselves at the last minute?lol. Like establish some ground rules and stick to them.
    They used it because it was something emotionally connected to Loki and his mythos. And Loki still made his point, and was able to ruin his partner's lunch

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    They used it because it was something emotionally connected to Loki and his mythos. And Loki still made his point, and was able to ruin his partner's lunch
    It’s also a good character tell, because in Loki’s head he’s already seized control of the TVA and changed the timeline. His emotional reaction to the file on Ragnarok is very different from learning of his inevitable failure and death in the previous episode, as now he is back to scheming.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post
    Well, my take on that moment was that he did know -- iirc, Loki had just been telling Mobius how he did watch some of those training videos, so I thought the guy was asking to see if Loki could show he had learned at least that much, what the reset things or whatever were. I suppose it was also meant to be a moment to remind us, as the audience, what they were for, since the whole sequence culminates with the Variant sending a whole bunch of them out to create divergent timelines.

That still goes to the point that the TVA just seems completely inept, though. If Lady Loki or Enchantress or whoever it ends up being has been stealing those reset things every time she attacked a team, you'd think they would have come up with some kind of idea that she was doing that for a reason, and tried to do something to prepare for an attack with a massive stockpile of weapons. Like, if there was some terrorist stealing nuclear weapons, you don't think the government would be super shocked if the terrorist ended up using those weapons. You know, you'd think the whole idea would be to make sure you got them before they could use their stockpile.

Lol, really not meaning to complain too much though, definitely enjoying the show and will continue happily tuning in each Wednesday! On "doesn’t quite track with the massive responsibility that they’ve been given," tho ... really, these guys have taken down lots of Loki's in the past? Doesn't that seem a little hard to buy? I think it's again because the show can't waste too much time bothering just to show how awesome a bunch or Red Shirts are -- like, these guys are in the story to be taken out, and need the main character's help -- but yeah, from what we have seen demonstrated, anyone with even a little bit of guile or cleverness should walk all over them...
    Haha yeah i missed that. I guess after the fish guy and seeing their keystone blunders. I'm just assuming some of them really are that dumb. Damn lol.

A renaissance fair would have been the perfect opportunity to put Loki in his classic costume. I am so disappointed they didn't go there.

So is Miss Minutes like an actual, physical, AI that the Time Keepers created? Man, it was hilarious watching Tom Hiddleston and Tara Strong trade jibes.

I love how the TVA give Loki a jacket that says "Variant" just so everyone knows what he is and where he stands. Like he's one mistake away from getting vaporized at this point.

Loki is that common a variant? I guess his grand purpose drives him to mess with the timeline often. I feel like they missed a chance to show off a bunch of different Loki looks from the comics over the years, although they did include a brief one in the Jason Aaron Thor run.

Debating which is the superior Loki when the real one is still dead is...kind of surreal.

So Loki's grand plan it to see the Time Keepers and overthrow them, or at least that's his plan on the surface, but it's kind of interesting to me that not even Mobius has ever actually seen the Time Keepers but Ravonna has. And then Loki keeps questioning about their existence and the TVA's purpose and whether free will actually exists, and it seems like we have an overarching mystery on our hands.

That one TVA desk guy is going to end up getting picked on by Loki all season, isn't he?

So in 2050 are there no Avengers ready to intervene in a disaster zone and save people trapped in a storm? I can see why they probably wouldn't want to nail anything that concreate down in a future flash forward, but I was genuinely curious.

Of course Roxxxon is now a corporate conglomerate with their own supermarket.

I have to admit I wasn't expecting the actual look of Lady Loki. Like, I had this image in my hand of Oliver Coipel's Lady Loki with luscious, long, black hair and a divine beauty with huge Loki horns, but here she has blonde hair, short horns, and doesn't quite look like a Tom Hiddleston gender-flip. Granted, in the comics back then Loki was possessing Sif and looked like her, and that's obviously not the case here. Not sure how to feel about it, although the actress feels great, as did all the possessed people having to play Loki in their bodies.

Why is this Loki transformed into a woman, specifically? Is it to feel incognito? Did she just feel like it? Or is it because she's so far away from her origin point that she doesn't acknowledge herself as the old Loki? She seemed genuinely insulted or mad when he called her "Loki."

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    No need to be rude just to make yourself seem more knowledgeable. "Lady Loki" is what most people have been calling her, just as everyone called Grogu "Baby Yoda" even though we all knew he wasn't literally Yoda. The storyline thus far is presenting her as a variant of Loki, so the temporary name makes sense. Also, yeah - there are also a bunch of MCU fans who haven't read the comics, nor should they need to to enjoy the show.
    I mean her first line as herself in this episode was spoilers:
    telling Loki "It's not about you"
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Episode 2 is out!

spoilers:
    I love the fact this episode essentially hit the same rule as Doctor Who with fixed points of time where nothing you can do can change such an event. Heck they even used the same core example of Pompeii. Also Lady Loki was a bit underwhelming if I am honest - they had the same clichéd moment of implying that Loki had to be male in the examples given so that we'd be apparently shocked when she'd reveal herself. Blonde Hair is also a bit jarring but that's just me. Still secretly hoping she's not the true villain and that Grant is playing King Loki, though I suppose at this stage he might be one of the Timekeepers...
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I think you misunderstood the Pompeii scene. It's not that Pompeii can't be prevented, it's that there's almost nothing they can do that would matter to the Golden Timeline. If Loki had stopped Pompeii from erupting, it would have caused a huge variant, but there's nothing he can say to the residents of Pompeii that would've had any effect on the timeline because the volcano would wipe away all the evidence.

Which is a little ironic considering that the word "apoclypse" is derived from the word for "to reveal."
    end of spoilers

Was anyone else thinking about Peter Capaldi and David Tennant during the Pompeii scene? I could practically hear the Doctor - "TVA? You're not from Gallifrey. Wait a minute, who are you?" Points screwdiver.

Anyhow, it seems apparent to me that we are dealing with the second Enchantress and the TVA just assumed it was Loki because its the same magic since she got her magic from Loki to begin with. I just don't think there are two Lokis running around and this is about something bigger, like a variant timeline trying to save itself from being "pruned."
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Anyhow, it seems apparent to me that we are dealing with the second Enchantress and the TVA just assumed it was Loki because its the same magic since she got her magic from Loki to begin with. I just don't think there are two Lokis running around and this is about something bigger, like a variant timeline trying to save itself from being "pruned."
    Or she wants them to believe that she's Loki for some reason

Well, she has horns, so obviously she's evoking Loki to some extent, but considering she's blonde like all the comic Enchantress' are...

That would be a fun twist.

I still want to see FemLoki but I like that.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

2 for 2, still loving the tva

cool scene with the timeline bomb

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post
    I know the whole point is that they're supposed to need Loki's help, but geez, these guys are just red-shirting all over the place, aren't they? Besides Mobius, I don't know if they've shown any kind of ability, tactical or fighting or otherwise, to make you think they could possibly have been running things, up to this point. I mean, apparently the Variant has killed team after team of them ... they still just kind of wander in and get easily taken out again, no matter how many times it's happened, already.
    Yes - I was just about to say the same thing. Considering how powerful the TVA is supposed to be, their people are all being taken down by someone with a knife. (and a lantern in the first ep) Is it a Vibranium knife? A magic knife? Is it The Time Knife? How lame is their armor? You'd think after the first few ambushes they'd think of a way to protect themselves from a knife. (they should go to Kingpin's tailor) Also, I get that Marvel doesn't want to overuse guns, but they should have some kind of long-range weapon. Still, I can sorta let it go since I think part of the point of how the TVA is being presented is meant to demonstrate that they're not as powerful or righteous as they think they are.

Personally I don't see why they bother to try and apprehend variants in the first place. Just pop in, use the reset thingy and leave. Boom. Any variant standing around would be pruned, it seems.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.