Page 10 of 59 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Loki

Boisterously Confused

So, after this, I'm just waiting for entries on this thread identifying definite proof of more crushing, or nitpicking over how somebody snuck up on him in spite of his clearly demonstrated Daredevil-esque olfactory prowess.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    So ok one interesting thing to me was that the Ancient One was totally wrong about those variant timelines and scared Bruce for nothing. I mean, she could not have known of the TVA. But essentially no matter what happens to anything, it all stays on the rails like a Disney ride.
    Not necessarily. Since Bruce told the Ancient One he would return the stone to keep the time line intact, the divergent timeline does not form so the TVA does not have to correct it. After Steve completes his mission there is still one timeline. But by Steve and Tony going back to 1970 and then returning the cosmic cube to that time, the 2012 timeline split is not repaired.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I'm kind of surprised with Loki talking about becoming a king that Mobius didn't show him what actually happened when he became king of Asgard...basically nothing until Thor showed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm kind of surprised with Loki talking about becoming a king that Mobius didn't show him what actually happened when he became king of Asgard...basically nothing until Thor showed up.
    Showing him the "greatest hits" of his character development was the quickest way to get Loki ready to follow Mo's directions.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Showing him the "greatest hits" of his character development was the quickest way to get Loki ready to follow Mo's directions.
    True, but nothing deflates a guy like learning his dream job ended up amounting to nothing .

True, but nothing deflates a guy like learning his dream job ended up amounting to nothing .
    I think the emotional hits of learning he caused the death of his mom, his dad saying he loved him, and reconciling with his brother get him in a better headspace than, "LOOK! You're a #$%^ up! And your brother that you currently hate saved the day, yet again!"

I think Mo knew what he was doing.

Mo needs Loki being DB Cooper, not wanna-be Thanos.

Hence, why I think they showed that opening scene. And the heavy-handed "god of Mischief" references.

Mo needs the god of Mischief Loki, not broody emo boy.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 06-11-2021 at 11:42 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Well, they did get interrupted. Mobius could have been saving that for a little later.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Well, they did get interrupted. Mobius could have been saving that for a little later.
    Besides, wasn't half of Loki's discovery when he was there by himself?

Since they were playing fast and loose with history anyway, it's too bad they missed the opportunity to have Loki as DB Cooper jump from a plane without a parachute - just to keep with the Marvel tradition.

I don't think there is a better example of a shared universe elevating an otherwise mediocre movie than Thor:The Dark World. On it's own, theres nothing memorable about the 2nd Thor movie. But the way the MCU utilized the death of Frigga for both Odinson brothers is really underrated. In hindsight the dark elves killing her kickstarted the beginning of the end for both of them. I can't help but appreciate that movie more for what it lead to.

I thought it was a fun theory on how Loki could end.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post

I thought it was a fun theory on how Loki could end.
    This certainly works for me, although I'm open to other theories. What stood out to me the most is the bit about the Young Avengers. Perhaps we even see Peter Parker have a strong, positive influence on them, Kid Loki included.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Episode 2 is out!

spoilers:
    I love the fact this episode essentially hit the same rule as Doctor Who with fixed points of time where nothing you can do can change such an event. Heck they even used the same core example of Pompeii. Also Lady Loki was a bit underwhelming if I am honest - they had the same clichéd moment of implying that Loki had to be male in the examples given so that we'd be apparently shocked when she'd reveal herself. Blonde Hair is also a bit jarring but that's just me. Still secretly hoping she's not the true villain and that Grant is playing King Loki, though I suppose at this stage he might be one of the Timekeepers...
    end of spoilers

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Amazing episode. The moments of one on one time between Loki and morbius was the best thing of the episode. If the whole series was just these guys sitting and talking in a cafeteria I wouldn't mind.

Astonishing Member

I love the show, I just hope it is as smart as they want us to believe of Loki and doesn't fall into a "paint by numbers" trope with it's plotting.

spoilers:
    I like how this episode basically exposed how small Loki's plan to take over the TVA/depose the time keepers really is. It's too easy and very predictable, you can practically see the wheels turning after the run in with Lady Loki. I'm curious as to why she (intentionally) left the portal open long enough for him to pass through. Her throwing the multiverse into chaos but exploding that "sacred timeline" is classic Loki but there's also a goal there, what is it? And yes, I do think the "sacred timeline" is a TVA self-serving timeline/construct that keeps them in power. I think our Loki's curiousity about Lady Loki's true intentions is what necessitated he change his plans for the TVA. Another thing, I don't think it was so random for Loki to explain one of his abilities that the TVA and maybe all of us have assumed with Loki and that might come into play some time later in the show, At first I thought it was in this episode at the shelter when Loki was talking to Lady Loki and another person was setting the charges but I may not remember the scene accurately. Additionally, Loki's commentary on the good not being wholly good and vice versa, seemed significant and not in a meta sort of way, it is one of the few things Loki said in this episode that Mobius didn't immediately dismiss as empty babble from a time variant with an over inflated sense of self.

P.S. Not a fan of blonde Lady Loki. At the very least they should have cast someone who could make you think it's Loki. I know they couldn't use Jaimie Alexander seeing how she's Sif and they want Lady Loki to be her own person but I can't help but wish for a close resemblance between the Lokis.
    end of spoilers