Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Loki Trailer

Boisterously Confused

So, after this, I'm just waiting for entries on this thread identifying definite proof of more crushing, or nitpicking over how somebody snuck up on him in spite of his clearly demonstrated Daredevil-esque olfactory prowess.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    So ok one interesting thing to me was that the Ancient One was totally wrong about those variant timelines and scared Bruce for nothing. I mean, she could not have known of the TVA. But essentially no matter what happens to anything, it all stays on the rails like a Disney ride.
    Not necessarily. Since Bruce told the Ancient One he would return the stone to keep the time line intact, the divergent timeline does not form so the TVA does not have to correct it. After Steve completes his mission there is still one timeline. But by Steve and Tony going back to 1970 and then returning the cosmic cube to that time, the 2012 timeline split is not repaired.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I'm kind of surprised with Loki talking about becoming a king that Mobius didn't show him what actually happened when he became king of Asgard...basically nothing until Thor showed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm kind of surprised with Loki talking about becoming a king that Mobius didn't show him what actually happened when he became king of Asgard...basically nothing until Thor showed up.
    Showing him the "greatest hits" of his character development was the quickest way to get Loki ready to follow Mo's directions.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Showing him the "greatest hits" of his character development was the quickest way to get Loki ready to follow Mo's directions.
    True, but nothing deflates a guy like learning his dream job ended up amounting to nothing .

True, but nothing deflates a guy like learning his dream job ended up amounting to nothing .
    I think the emotional hits of learning he caused the death of his mom, his dad saying he loved him, and reconciling with his brother get him in a better headspace than, "LOOK! You're a #$%^ up! And your brother that you currently hate saved the day, yet again!"

I think Mo knew what he was doing.

Mo needs Loki being DB Cooper, not wanna-be Thanos.

Hence, why I think they showed that opening scene. And the heavy-handed "god of Mischief" references.

Mo needs the god of Mischief Loki, not broody emo boy.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 06-11-2021 at 11:42 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Well, they did get interrupted. Mobius could have been saving that for a little later.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Well, they did get interrupted. Mobius could have been saving that for a little later.
    Besides, wasn't half of Loki's discovery when he was there by himself?

Since they were playing fast and loose with history anyway, it's too bad they missed the opportunity to have Loki as DB Cooper jump from a plane without a parachute - just to keep with the Marvel tradition.