Page 6 of 59 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: Loki

Astonishing Member

I really enjoyed episode 1. I mean it was very well done and compelling from start to finish. They did an exceptional job giving us the lay of the land right away. Immediately explaining what the TVA is, how it was started, what they do day to day. How powerful the mundane bureaucracy of it all is with infinity stone paperweights etc. But, they also at the same time establish that there are threats that they have to handle and that are challenging to them.

So there are actual stakes here. There is a reason why they could see variant Loki as a tool to help them. I found that all explained and shown extremely well. It made sense, it was well executed story wise.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

So I need to watch the episode again and confirm whether I missed Matt Damon's Loki or not? The guy who gets brought in at the same time and gets erased later? Or am I misremembering this?

Kinda hoping the big bad isn't Lady Loki and it's Grant's King Loki. Having three consecutive shows with a female lead villain, whilst not a bad thing, would be getting a bit clichéd. Lady Loki getting involved though, hell yes. Kid Loki and Teen Loki too.

They also pretty much confirmed the next big crossover after Infinity War/Endgame is going to be Secret Wars, which is awesome.

Extraordinary Member

So assuming the Eternals know about the TVA I guess we know why they haven't interfered up until now. The whole "supposed to happen" is still a hard sell imo. How many variants does Steve have at this point?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I really enjoyed the first episode. I was a big fan of the miss minutes cartoon that explained who the TVA are and how the multiverse works. I hope it isn't the last time the exposition cartoons show up.

I was hoping morbius would have told him that Coulson survived being stabbed with the staff. I guess AoS isn't in the scared timeline.

The French kid pointing at the devil drawing in the church makes me hope the main villain of the show is Surtur.

Fine first episode. It's a better Legends of Tomorrow
    I'm thinking its another Loki (Lady) with massive horns.

Watching Loki watch his own future was great stuff, great work by Hiddleston, Owen Wilson is also very good and the scenery and aesthetic is fantastic. An aside does Wilson's nose look even worse than it usually does? I wonder if it's a product of age or makeup.

Also of note Dark World is still imo the weakest MCU movie, but it's material has made for some great moments in later movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Watching Loki watch his own future was great stuff, great work by Hiddleston, Owen Wilson is also very good and the scenery and aesthetic is fantastic. An aside does Wilson's nose look even worse than it usually does? I wonder if it's a product of age or makeup.

Also of note Dark World is still imo the weakest MCU movie, but it's material has made for some great moments in later movies.
    Ragnarok and Endgame rehabbed Hulk.

WandaVision rehabbed Age of Ultron.

I'm not surprised they're using Loki to rehab the Dark World.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Loki is basically going to hit most of the same beats as Endgame with its time travel antics, so it's not too surprising.

Incidentally one assumes that the TVA does deal with timeline issues for other planets besides Earth? I suppose it'll be quite like Doctor Who to have all the issues be Earth based. XD If there's not a quarry involved at some point I will be very disappointed.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

TVA better show up in Ant-Man 3 when Kang comes knocking.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    TVA better show up in Ant-Man 3 when Kang comes knocking.
    If it's still around by then!

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    If it's still around by then!
    I mean with time travel how does anything ever stop existing?

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    I mean with time travel how does anything ever stop existing?
    Maybe ask the Time Lords about that.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    This is the conclusion I had after watching 3 Marvel Studio shows too. I'm still going to watch other comic books shows BUT how can anyone watch other conic book shows without thinking of the production value and budget? The comparisons will be undeniable
    Yeah, I was able to shut off my brain and enjoy Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow and Supergirl for many years, even well into the MCU, but now I can't even force myself to watch anything but Superman & Lois (and, honestly, I'm not watching that one for the special effects, much like Arrow, it's more of a drama with superheroes, than a 'superhero show'...). I've tried to watch the latest season of Legends of Tomorrow, and just can't get into it. I'm starting to get the impression that I was in a superhero TV desert, and enjoying whatever I could find.

And it's not just the Marvel shows. The Boys and Jupiter's Legacy also went well beyond the WB's budget and tone.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Maybe ask the Time Lords about that.
    If I could find one I would

BANNED

I haven’t seen episode 1 yet, is it good?
    Please no spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    I haven’t seen episode 1 yet, is it good?
    Please no spoilers
    No.

It's [expletive deleted] awesome.

"Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium