Page 18 of 59 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Loki

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    If the TVA agents are variants and don't know it, who's recruiting them and wiping their memories? Are there certain people like Renslayer who know the truth? I somehow doubt the Time Keepers (if they exist) are doing it themselves. Or are TVA agents who recruit other variants wiped each time they recruit someone so they don't know that all TVA agents are variants? Has Mobius recruited thousands of people over the years and each time thinks he's doing it for the first time? I had thought maybe they were all variants from the Multiversal war, but that female Minuteman was recruited only a hundred(?) years ago so that probably isn't the case and it's an ongoing thing.
    Knowing that TVA agents are all variants has re-contextualize the first episode for me. The humiliation that Loki suffered through during his arrival at the TVA is likely the first step of an indoctrination process.

I enjoyed it but not as much as the others so far. It's a fun character building episode but feels like a diversion we spent too much time on. But the next episode will persuade me.

I rather have Sylvie show us her past than talk about it. It's a problem shared with the Flag-Smashers. They needed a flashback episode like what the Netflix shows did for their villians. But with Sylvie I feel like less of an oversight and more intentional.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    Me too, it was truly the highlight of this episode and it's confirmed who she is, though there are still a mystery surrounding her that in the episode 4, we probably are going to know, but she clearly has all the Enchantress vibes, even Sylvie Lushton ones (like the fact she taught herself to control her powers without any kind of assistance or a mentor).
    The fact that she kept talking about "enchantments" felt very deliberate.
    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    If the TVA agents are variants and don't know it, who's recruiting them and wiping their memories? Are there certain people like Renslayer who know the truth? I somehow doubt the Time Keepers (if they exist) are doing it themselves. Or are TVA agents who recruit other variants wiped each time they recruit someone so they don't know that all TVA agents are variants? Has Mobius recruited thousands of people over the years and each time thinks he's doing it for the first time? I had thought maybe they were all variants from the Multiversal war, but that female Minuteman was recruited only a hundred(?) years ago so that probably isn't the case and it's an ongoing thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Knowing that TVA agents are all variants has re-contextualize the first episode for me. The humiliation that Loki suffered through during his arrival at the TVA is likely the first step of an indoctrination process.
    I'm starting to wonder if the "trial" is less a trial and more them gauging whether they can use a Variant as a TVA agent.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I enjoyed it but not as much as the others so far. It's a fun character building episode but feels like a diversion we spent too much time on. But the next episode will persuade me.

I rather have Sylvie show us her past than talk about it. It's a problem shared with the Flag-Smashers. They needed a flashback episode like what the Netflix shows did for their villians. But with Sylvie I feel like less of an oversight and more intentional.
    I have to totally agree with you on the Flag smashers. I know for me if they would have actually taken the time to show what they went through other than vaguely talking about it, I would have been much more invested in their story.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I'm starting to wonder if the "trial" is less a trial and more them gauging whether they can use a Variant as a TVA agent.
    That's a pretty good way of looking at it.

Morbious interest in snowmobiles was probably his actual passion before he got "vetted". It has to be something from his old life that stayed attached to him.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post

I’m pretty done with flashbacks after the Handmaid’s Tale. They’d always spend a lot of the episode on a flashback and at first it’s like they’ve giving you extra insight into the characters, but then eventually it becomes clear the flashbacks are actually about filling as much airtime as possible to pad out the season until the last episode when all the plot happens.

Agree. I'd much rather have a little exposition in a real time setting than a bunch of flashback footage. Wandavision did a little flashback stuff, but it was used very sparingly to good effect. Something like that would be ok.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

This Slyvie being a female Loki kinda loses its impact when she has a completely different personality, name, backstory and powerset. She and Hiddleston have good chemistry though so I don't know how i feel about her yet.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    This Slyvie being a female Loki kinda loses its impact when she has a completely different personality, name, backstory and powerset. She and Hiddleston have good chemistry though so I don't know how i feel about her yet.
    I don't even know if she is a Loki Variant. We were lied to about who the TVA agents were maybe they are misinformed on the variant they are chasing. Maybe Loki from her timeline was a mentor who helped give her powers. She could just straight up being the Slyvie version of Enchantress.. who knows though if she wasn't a Loki Variant I don't see why she wouldnt say that. Instead of being Vague and saying don't call me that, I go by Sylvie now.

Well, I hope that if they hook up, she isn't a variant. Because, eewww.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I don't even know if she is a Loki Variant. We were lied to about who the TVA agents were maybe they are misinformed on the variant they are chasing. Maybe Loki from her timeline was a mentor who helped give her powers. She could just straight up being the Slyvie version of Enchantress.. who knows though if she wasn't a Loki Variant I don't see why she wouldnt say that. Instead of being Vague and saying don't call me that, I go by Sylvie now.
    She is a Loki variant. She doesn't identify as Loki anymore. Her attitude about it is very similar to a trans person who wants to assert their new identity.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Well, I hope that if they hook up, she isn't a variant. Because, eewww.
    If Loki is capable of falling in love it would be to himself.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    If Loki is capable of falling in love it would be to himself.
    What's love got to do with it?

Ultimate Member

If the TVA is comprised of variants, then it means there's actually a very active multiverse.

That's completely contrary to what the TVA are selling.

Extraordinary Member

samba_tv
    727k US households watched the third episode of Loki on Wednesday �� We only Lamentis that the series has reached its halfway point. What did you think of the latest episode?
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CQg5rQiB...mpaign=loading

Anti-sjw's youtube channels like geeks amd gamers,heelvsbabyface,thequartering etc..are happy that the 3rd episode of loki had drop in the ratings from the samba report or bounding into comics is talking about it.
    The ratings are still higher then wandavision for example and could still go back up.If not they will still be higher.

These are same guys who were jumping up and down in joy saying the falcon and winter soldier series was declining in the ratings because it was woke just like loki show is.

It is clear falcon and winter soldier show when up in ratings and was number one for a couple of weeks and episode 6 was still in top ten for number for a few more weeks.
    Of course they never talk about that.

The anti-sjw youtube channels love to talk about disney and marvel failing and those other channels mecharandom42 (that red hair chick)and clownfish tv etc..
    I even read some comments in heelvsbadyface youtube channel that the mcu(movies and current shows etc..) is all filler except endgame,and marvel was always woke and trash etc...
    Clearly these guys and their followers are outrageous.