Page 5 of 59 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: Loki

Quote Originally Posted by Metro View Post
    If Ragnarok is torture I suppose masochism must be really popular considering how well it did
    Sign me up for a regular torturing(?) then. One of the most fun films I've ever seen. It might be the CBM I've seen the most times. Not because I think it's the best but because it's really good and is super easy to watch. Plus my son loves it so he made me watch it over and over also . If Loki is even close to as good I'll be more then happy.

Well, it's a Marvel Studios production so I'm expecting humor, but it probably won't get to Ragnarok level.

Boisterously Confused

I hope the Loki for this show is as nasty and scheming as the one from Thor and Marvel's The Avengers. He was so much more fun before he went down a redemptive road.

I just want more weird ****.

Loved me some WandaVision. Was so-so on Falcon & Winter Solider. Still need to finish it ...

Loki looks like it will be weird.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I think it'll be weird, entertaining, and full of Easter eggs. I think this'll be the best D+ MCU show yet, and I loved WV and FATWS
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Niffleheim

This is the conclusion I had after watching 3 Marvel Studio shows too. I'm still going to watch other comic books shows BUT how can anyone watch other conic book shows without thinking of the production value and budget? The comparisons will be undeniable
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 06-09-2021 at 03:52 PM.

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

solid opener, i think strongest 1st episode compared to other 2 shows. hope it keeps the momentum

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

i liked the helicopter stuff in TFAWS E1, and i think they did some flashbacks of buckey but i dont remember the other action, was the truck fight in that too?
    for me the show peaked with episode 3's madripoor visit

anyway i think it goes loki > TFAWS > WV for 1st episode, obv unfair to WV being much more of a slow burn show but still

i really like the TVA setup and bureaucratic angle, very hitchhiker's guide vibes. also in fairness to TFAWS this has bigger stakes what with all the time stuff, so for me that's more compelling than midtier soldier stuff

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I really enjoyed the first episode. I was a big fan of the miss minutes cartoon that explained who the TVA are and how the multiverse works. I hope it isn't the last time the exposition cartoons show up.

I was hoping morbius would have told him that Coulson survived being stabbed with the staff. I guess AoS isn't in the scared timeline.

The French kid pointing at the devil drawing in the church makes me hope the main villain of the show is Surtur.

Fine first episode. It's a better Legends of Tomorrow

Man, Disney has started trolling all the fans who've expected Mephisto to pop up since WandaVision.
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

Yeah I was hoping for an AOS explanation or reference. Maybe they did something totally unique and therefore not recognized/noticeable by the TVA
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Some thoughts!

Hey Dr Who fans did you enjoy this? Because this is the best time travel show you have seen in quite some time. Maybe someone at the BBC should get on the phone with Disney.

Anyone get a FALLOUT vibe from the TVA? Everything from the uniforms, to the look of the tech to the Miss Minutes mascot felt like it fell out of a FALLOUT game.

Feige, we know you hate Agents Of Shield but that was cold. At the very least give Chloe Bennett something so she doesn't have to do that Powerpuff Girls show.

So the TVA agents are highly trained and have cutting edge tech but apparently can be taken out by a....burning field?! You were doing so well up until that moment show.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Some thoughts!

Hey Dr Who fans did you enjoy this? Because this is the best time travel show you have seen in quite some time. Maybe someone at the BBC should get on the phone with Disney.

Anyone get a FALLOUT vibe from the TVA? Everything from the uniforms, to the look of the tech to the Miss Minutes mascot felt like it fell out of a FALLOUT game.

Feige, we know you hate Agents Of Shield but that was cold. At the very least give Chloe Bennett something so she doesn't have to do that Powerpuff Girls show.

So the TVA agents are highly trained and have cutting edge tech but apparently can be taken out by a....burning field?! You were doing so well up until that moment show.
    Eh, it was a trap. They thought it was just some time traveler who went back to make a fortune with an oil field. They didn't think the oil was on the ground on purpose. I thought that was actually quite clever.

And, yeah- when Loki called Coulson a 'Dead Man', I really wanted Mobius to say : "Yeah, about that...." and then play at least one clip from AoS. Though I'll find it hilarious if at some point in the show they call AoS a variant timeline that the TVA ended up 'resetting'.

I loved the bit about D.B. Cooper. I knew what that was supposed to be from the trailer, and I've been wondering how that would factor into the show. That was a neat bit of fun there.

And now that you mention it- yeah, I did get a Fallout vibe. I love all the retro-tech and retro-design in the TVA.

I like how they name dropped Doctor Strange's new movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Some thoughts!

Gugulethu Mbatha-Raw used to be a recurring character on WHO, although she's hardly the first WHO-To-MCU actor of course.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth