Page 11 of 59 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Loki

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Sorry but seeing people still in the mistake of calling her Lady Loki means a lot of their ignorance or that they never read a comic in their whole life, so complicated is open a bit more the eyes and not assuming wrong things like they are already confirmed, also doing a research will be helpful too.

spoilers:
    In the spanish dub when the other languages says Sophia Di Martino - The Variant, it says Sylvie (Sylvie Lushton the second enchantress probably) and we have already know that there is a Young Sylvie on Episode 4, also Sophia Di Martino never says it's a Loki variant and other things but it seems people only are able to assume the wrong.
    end of spoilers

https://www.cbr.com/loki-lady-loki-m...r-enchantress/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    Sorry but seeing people still in the mistake of calling her Lady Loki means a lot of their ignorance or that they never read a comic in their whole life, so complicated is open a bit more the eyes and not assuming wrong things like they are already confirmed, also doing a research will be helpful too.

spoilers:
    In the spanish dub when the other languages says Sophia Di Martino - The Variant, it says Sylvie (Sylvie Lushton the second enchantress probably) and we have already know that there is a Young Sylvie on Episode 4, also Sophia Di Martino never says it's a Loki variant and other things but it seems people only are able to assume the wrong.
    end of spoilers

https://www.cbr.com/loki-lady-loki-m...r-enchantress/
    spoilers:
    It's normal to assume the actress is playing Lady Loki. If she isn't that's okay, the show will have to actually say so. There's nothing wrong with people assumption thus far, it's part of the whole theorizing to figure out the game.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I also wish they had given Lady Loki black hair just to reinforce that they're iterations of each other. So, it seems her plan is to re-create the Multiverse. (or desecrating the Sacred Timeline at least) I had said before I think Marvel will show that the Multiverse is a good thing. The whole discussion where it seems they believe in the Sacred Timeline "just because" only undermines how legitimate it might actually be. And now that they're using a female antagonist to bring that about, reminds me of how they used a female antagonist in "F&WS" to signal that we're supposed to sympathize with her agenda. It will remain to be seen if they so the same thing where the show ends up discarding her to let Loki become the real hero once she's convinced him of the rightness of that agenda. I would hope it's more interesting than that, but so far, the two Marvel shows pretty much ended up exactly where we expected despite the twists, and teasing other outcomes.
    end of spoilers

No need to be rude just to make yourself seem more knowledgeable. "Lady Loki" is what most people have been calling her, just as everyone called Grogu "Baby Yoda" even though we all knew he wasn't literally Yoda. The storyline thus far is presenting her as a variant of Loki, so the temporary name makes sense. Also, yeah - there are also a bunch of MCU fans who haven't read the comics, nor should they need to to enjoy the show.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 06-16-2021 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    No need to be rude just to make yourself seem more knowledgeable. "Lady Loki" is what most people have been calling her, just as everyone called Grogu "Baby Yoda" even though we all knew he wasn't literally Yoda. The storyline thus far is presenting her as a variant of Loki, so the temporary name makes sense. Also, yeah - there are also a bunch of MCU fans who haven't read the comics, nor should they need to to enjoy the show.
    Sorry to be rude about it but when it comes to my favourite character that is the Enchantress (I love both, Amora and Sylvie), things like that make me so angry and disturbs me a lot to see how people can confuses characters.

Yeah, maybe is presenting her as a Loki variant, but watching the episode, it seems that people calling her Loki disturbs her a lot, probably because she isn't a Loki variant after all and it is her own character, also Loki says that no variant of him could treat him like she does.
    Last edited by Charlie_1981; 06-16-2021 at 10:55 AM.

I thought it was a fun 2nd episode. It reminded me of why I didn't like Agents Of SHIELD way back in its first season so that's cool. I'm guessing Lady Loki isn't who we thought she was. .
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 06-16-2021 at 11:30 AM.

Sorry to be rude about it but when it comes to my favourite character that is the Enchantress (I love both, Amora and Sylvie), things like that make me so angry and disturbs me a lot to see how people can confuses characters.

Yeah, maybe is presenting her as a Loki variant, but watching the episode, it seems that people calling her Loki disturbs her a lot, probably because she isn't a Loki variant after all and it is her own character, also Loki says that no variant of him could treat him like she does.
    I hadn't thought of it, but yeah - I'd be thrilled it we were given the Enchantress here. It would definitely be a fun, unexpected (not by you of course) twist.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Honestly if we were getting the Enchantress I would rather have Amora herself but I don’t especially mind too much. I think if she will become Enchantress they’ll need to distinguish her from both Wanda and Agatha as another female magic user. I am currently quite keen on this theory as I think they’re going to have Richard E Grant be the real villain (either as King Loki or as the actually evil Timekeeper).

Astonishing Member

She's dressed up as Loki so it's going to be be hard for people to assume she's NOT Loki regardless of how she feels about being called as such. Maybe she's not complaining about the name Loki but rather the omission of "Lady" prefixing the name, who knows.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Until the show itself clears things up I'm gonna refer to her as lady Loki until a unique identity is established

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Until the show itself clears things up I'm gonna refer to her as lady Loki until a unique identity is established
    Same here.

I think it’s a fair point considering that’s what she’s been presented as until otherwise stated.

Ultimate Member

Honestly, for series like these I prefer the Netflix model.

I hate the waiting for another week

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    She's dressed up as Loki so it's going to be be hard for people to assume she's NOT Loki regardless of how she feels about being called as such. Maybe she's not complaining about the name Loki but rather the omission of "Lady" prefixing the name, who knows.
    In the comics, Sylvie dressed almost the same as Amora The Enchantress but it was not her. When she was presented in dark reign: young avengers, people assumed things on her day like Sylvie Lushton was the way Amora had been reincarnated as a teenager and then it turned out that they were 2 different characters.

Here in Loki series could happen something similar but with Loki.

Also the spanish credits it says Sophia Di Martino character is Sylvie while the other languages said The Variant, means it it is a huge spoiler?

Astonishing Member

In the comics, Sylvie dressed almost the same as Amora The Enchantress but it was not her. When she was presented in dark reign: young avengers, people assumed things on her day like Sylvie Lushton was the way Amora had been reincarnated as a teenager and then it turned out that they were 2 different characters.

Here in Loki series could happen something similar but with Loki.

Also the spanish credits it says Sophia Di Martino character is Sylvie while the other languages said The Variant, means it it is a huge spoiler?
    But they haven't introduced Amora as of yet. So far the MCU is 1:1 with the comics. While your view is certainly plausible, I'm going with Loki until the show says otherwise. It's not like I'm particularly thrilled with her "look" to begin with, I prefer a dark haired variant where Loki's concerned but I'm working with what I've got on screen until something changes definitively.

I figured it's either Sylvia possessed by Amora or Sylvia's the name Amora uses from time to time.