Page 20 of 59 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: Loki

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    This was a far superior episode. Especially in comparison to 3, where it felt like it was out of step with the main storyline and no forward momentum. I get they needed to establish a rapport and give Sylvie and Loki some time for the payoff of them having feelings for each other being a powerful nexus moment or whatever.

I'd be fine with them just naming her Enchantress and basically blending the alt Loki/Enchantress backgrounds. Pretty much what they are doing so far.
    I'd rather we get the real Amora/Enchantress.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    What was the Nexus Event that created Sylvie? Was it just as simple as her being from an AU where Loki was born a girl? She acts like she was a Goddess of Mischief from birth, unless she's just talking retroactively about what she feels is her real gender identity. Would Loki being female change the plot of the MCU that much?
    I've seen some people theorize that it was her playing with her toys. She was idolizing the Valkries, probabbly a huge difference to what Loki at her age was probably doing. So basically her idolizing the Valkries due to being born a girl would likely change her alignment from mischievous to more good and lead to her joining as a grown up thus changing her "predetermined" fate as a bad guy. Theory seems a bit shaky, but I'm not sure what other reason it could be beside being born a girl which if it was such a huge issue, they could have taken her the moment she was born and before Odin adopted her.
    Last edited by GSman; 06-30-2021 at 11:43 AM.

Ultimate Member

Nothing sells the audience on the TVA being evil quite like kidnapping a little girl, making her feel like a criminal, and then probably about to vaporize her just for the crime of...existing. Was kind of neat to see Ravonna as a TVA Agent though.

Who knew what would end up saving Loki and Sylvie was an intimate moment between the two of them? Cue Huey Lewis' "That's the Power of Love."

So...they totally pruned C-20 because she knew the truth, right?

So the Time Keepers have cells that make you relive your worst, degrading, memories...yeah, that tracks.

Jamie Alexander returns as Sif to adapt that time Loki messed with her hair. It wasn't a lot, but it was pretty amusing watching her beat Loki up.

I expected B-15 to toe the line and be loyal till the end, but instead she ends up helping the protagonists rebel once she realizes the truth, thanks to Sylvie.

It's a shame Mobius learning the truth had to get in the way of his burgeoning office romance with Ravonna.

Oh hey, Loki and Mobius finally admit they're friends! Just in time for Mobius to get pruned. Darn. Could Loki maybe meet the real Mobius from the main timeline, at least?

What was the Nexus Event that created Sylvie? Was it just as simple as her being from an AU where Loki was born a girl? She acts like she was a Goddess of Mischief from birth, unless she's just talking retroactively about what she feels is her real gender identity. Would Loki being female change the plot of the MCU that much?

So the Time Keepers turn out to be robots, ala the Wizard of Oz, all that's left is to find the person behind the curtain. Could it be Immortus or Kang?

Just as Loki is about to confess his feelings to Sylvie, he gets pruned by Ravonna...or so we think, as just when it seems like the show has written out their star, Loki instead wakes up and is greeted by several different versions of himself, Old Man Classic Loki, Kid Loki, and a black Loki with a hammer (Thor Loki?). So I guess all these Loki variants are going to team-up to take on the TVA. What could possibly go wrong?
    Yeah, having them kidnap a kid playing her toys completely re-contextualizes the TVA. They are right pieces of sh!t.

It was cool (and hilarious) to see the Lokis at the end. Especially Richard Grant as old Loki in the comic accurate costume (albeit looking ridiculous).

This episode was a lot better than the last one. It moved the main plot forward and we now know conclusively that the TVA was built on lies.

Best episode so far, when Reinslayer and Mobius was sitting and drinking wine, I got the feeling that maybe in a past life they could have been a couple.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    It's just bothersome any time we see Loki struggle against a human. Asgardians (and frost giants) should be a lot stronger than any human.
    He felt a lot more dangerous in the movies.
    Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    I've seen some people theorize that it was her playing with her toys. She was idolising the Valkries, probabbly a huge difference to what Loki at her age was probably doing. So basically her idolising the Valkries due to being born a girl would likely change her alignment from mischievous to more good and lead to her joining as a grown up thus changing her "predetermined" fate as a bad guy. Theory seems a bit shaky, but I'm not sure what other reason it could be beside being born a girl which if it was such a huge issue, they could have taken her the moment she was born and before Odin adopted her.
    It also would have given her a bonding point with Thor since he also idolized the Valkyrie's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    Best episode so far, when Reinslayer and Mobius was sitting and drinking wine, I got the feeling that maybe in a past life they could have been a couple.
    I wonder if Ravonna is also a variant or if she's possibly the only member off the TVA that isn't and that's why the Time Keepers (or whoever runs them) trusts her so much.

Astonishing Member

It also would have given her a bonding point with Thor since he also idolized the Valkyrie's.

I wonder if Ravonna is also a variant or if she's possibly the only member off the TVA that isn't and that's why the Time Keepers (or whoever runs them) trusts her so much.
    I hope it's just Ravonna and Kang in it together or something. It would be a missed opportunity to not have her and Kang's relationship be explored a bit since we know hes coming.

Ultimate Member

I wonder who gets assigned to Thanos when he steps outta line, lol.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I would like to know the nexus event Sylvie created. Not only did they kidnap her but nuked her entire timeline afterward. TVA likes to throw the baby out with the bath salt.

The intimate moment at the beginning is the only time in this series so far that Sylvie identified herself as a Loki. Staring death in the face will do that.

I liked how Moribus called Loki feeling for Sylvie as the ultimate form of narcissism.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

This short will be released along side the fifth episode

Extraordinary Member

She started out as a field officer and ends up being head of the TVA even after losing Silvie.

And the TVA don't seem to be big on forgiveness.

I wonder if Ravonna took care of the Timekeepers herself at some point and just decided to keep the whole thing running.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I would like to know the nexus event Sylvie created. Not only did they kidnap her but nuked her entire timeline afterward. TVA likes to throw the baby out with the bath salt.

The intimate moment at the beginning is the only time in this series so far that Sylvie identified herself as a Loki. Staring death in the face will do that.

I liked how Moribus called Loki feeling for Sylvie as the ultimate form of narcissism.
    With Loki, they arrived almost instantly after he created a branch timeline.

So it was likely something she would have regarded as harmless. Maybe playing with the wrong toy at the wrong time, or some formative instant happened when she decided not to be a jerk to her Thor.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    She started out as a field officer and ends up being head of the TVA even after losing Silvie.

And the TVA don't seem to be big on forgiveness.

I wonder if Ravonna took care of the Timekeepers herself at some point and just decided to keep the whole thing running.
    I think she would have revealed by now if she was the mastermind. She's answering to somebody.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    With Loki, they arrived almost instantly after he created a branch timeline.

So it was likely something she would have regarded as harmless. Maybe playing with the wrong toy at the wrong time, or some formative instant happened when she decided not to be a jerk to her Thor.
    I guess her gender didn't even matter? Assuming at this point baseline Loki took a female form as a child but it sounds like she came from a timeline where she was born female, but wouldn't that make her an AU to begin with? And she also found out about the adoption earlier.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Man, why'd they have to mess this series up with the selfcest route. It makes sense for the character I guess, but way to weird out the audience...

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    Man, why'd they have to mess this series up with the selfcest route. It makes sense for the character I guess, but way to weird out the audience...
    Mobius seemed surprisingly invested in it.

Ultimate Member

I wonder if the comment that the Avengers were meant to time travel explains why Cap was able to stay in the same timeline after returning the stones.