Page 21 of 59 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: Loki

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Mobius seemed surprisingly invested in it.
    He honestly sounded disgusted when he learned about Loki's romantic feelings. His investment lies on how their intimacy caused a nexus event and using it to bring down the TVA

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Great episode. I loved the end. I seriously thought they’d killed the two leads in episode four.

Like most folks, I figured the time keepers were fake but still liked seeing it come true. As for Sylki, it didn’t weird me out at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    He honestly sounded disgusted when he learned about Loki's romantic feelings. His investment lies on how their intimacy caused a nexus event and using it to bring down the TVA
    I think he wasn't really surprised that Loki basically fell in love with a version of himself. It's very on-brand.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

It seems to me that the TVA prunes both ‘nexus points” (Loki escaping the Avengers) AND potentially Alternate Universe versions as well (Sylvie’s timeline being just a bit too close to the Sacred one maybe?).
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

So ... anybody remember when that one Nebula heard the other Nebula's cyborg implants, then took her prisoner, replaced her as a time-travelling Avenger, then used the deception to help Thanos get an Infinity Gauntlet way earlier than he should ... leading to his own death and that of his entire army, before he could ever do the Snap in his own universe ... which, you have to imagine, was a hugely impactful event for the entire universe?

Yeah, none of that was a nexus event! Because reasons!

I guess, seeing as we just found out the TVA was built on lies anyway, looking for some consistency about nexus events and timelines doesn't really make much sense, at this point.

Whoze the real, behind-the-curtains bad guy? It's gonna be a Loki, you guys! Because it was never about keeping order or protecting any Sacred Timeline, it was just about creating Multiversal Mischief, as only the evilest of Lokis could do. And young Sylvie never did anything to create a nexus event, he basically just decided to **** with her for the lulz.

Series ends with heroic protagonist Team Loki taking down their worst-version-of-themselves counterpart, and they all get to ride off into the multiversal sunset.

And whatever, for that 'narcissist" stuff! You really wouldn't want to do a hot alternate version of you? Okay, fine -- guess I'm just weird! :P
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post
    So ... anybody remember when that one Nebula heard the other Nebula's cyborg implants, then took her prisoner, replaced her as a time-travelling Avenger, then used the deception to help Thanos get an Infinity Gauntlet way earlier than he should ... leading to his own death and that of his entire army, before he could ever do the Snap in his own universe ... which, you have to imagine, was a hugely impactful event for the entire universe?

Yeah, none of that was a nexus event! Because reasons!

I guess, seeing as we just found out the TVA was built on lies anyway, looking for some consistency about nexus events and timelines doesn't really make much sense, at this point.

Whoze the real, behind-the-curtains bad guy? It's gonna be a Loki, you guys! Because it was never about keeping order or protecting any Sacred Timeline, it was just about creating Multiversal Mischief, as only the evilest of Lokis could do. And young Sylvie never did anything to create a nexus event, he basically just decided to **** with her for the lulz.

Series ends with heroic protagonist Team Loki taking down their worst-version-of-themselves counterpart, and they all get to ride off into the multiversal sunset.

And whatever, for that 'narcissist" stuff! You really wouldn't want to do a hot alternate version of you? Okay, fine -- guess I'm just weird! :P
    They explained that in the first episode: "That was supposed to happen!" Because... reasons.

I still think it's Kang pulling the strings behind the scenes. But it could be a Loki.

It's turned into that debate- is it incest, or is it masturbation?

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    It's turned into that debate- is it incest, or is it masturbation?
    It's self care! You have to love yourself before you can love anyone else...(just don't ... love yourself...)

In retrospect, Renslayer asking Mobius if he could go anywhere wasn't a friendly question - she was testing him to see if any latent memories were resurfacing.

If Loki being teleported at the end wasn't just him, and it transports anyone who's been "pruned" does that mean there's a mail cart full of Infinity Stones sitting around? (or was it just Renslayer's stick that does it and that's why she wanted Sylvie to "stick" her?)
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 06-30-2021 at 08:55 PM.

Hottest. Masturbation. Ever!
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    I've seen some people theorize that it was her playing with her toys. She was idolizing the Valkries, probabbly a huge difference to what Loki at her age was probably doing. So basically her idolizing the Valkries due to being born a girl would likely change her alignment from mischievous to more good and lead to her joining as a grown up thus changing her "predetermined" fate as a bad guy. Theory seems a bit shaky, but I'm not sure what other reason it could be beside being born a girl which if it was such a huge issue, they could have taken her the moment she was born and before Odin adopted her.
    This is my opinion as well. A Loki that grows up idolizing Valkyries is more likely to grow up to be non evil ( she already had more empathy than our Loki does-check her horrified reaction to that guy getting pruned) or way less evil than our Loki. I think that's what set the TVA on her.
    Last edited by Vic Vega; 07-03-2021 at 08:59 AM.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    Man, why'd they have to mess this series up with the selfcest route. It makes sense for the character I guess, but way to weird out the audience...
    Given how long they have dealt with time travel and alternate universes you think this would come up more often for the TVA with some horny time travelers. XD I don't mind the idea in theory but I also would like them more in a brother/sister style relationship.

I also love the Sylvie idolizing the Valkyries to make her more heroic theory for why her timeline was erased. That makes a lot of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    Man, why'd they have to mess this series up with the selfcest route. It makes sense for the character I guess, but way to weird out the audience...
    Is it that weird? I mean comparatively we've never seen something like that, a person in love with themselves. It's not like they're siblings or anything, so it's not GOT levels of messed up. Just 2 people who are each other's counterparts who have caught feelings. It's the next level of self love, I guess.

They're really not very similar at all, not in looks or personality, imo.

Is it that weird? I mean comparatively we've never seen something like that, a person in love with themselves. It's not like they're siblings or anything, so it's not GOT levels of messed up. Just 2 people who are each other's counterparts who have caught feelings. It's the next level of self love, I guess.
    Richard E Grant Loki was totally crushing on Alligator Loki.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Richard E Grant Loki was totally crushing on Alligator Loki.
    Hey now, don't be a hater, love the gator

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Maybe not weird for comic fans, but probably more for the general audience. I think some people would kind of consider them "siblings" to some degree.