Page 24 of 59 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: Loki

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    Of all the people in the TVA introduced so far, which one is most likely to be a Loki variant?
    Good question. Im not sure if they have actually shown us the Loki variant who is in control. But honestly its just a theory. But to me it just seems logical because the show is ALL about loki.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Good question. Im not sure if they have actually shown us the Loki variant who is in control. But honestly its just a theory. But to me it just seems logical because the show is ALL about loki.
    I think they're more likely to go with a big reveal a la Agnes than a last minute introduction.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I am going to assume that we're getting a take on King Loki, whether it's Grant's version or one we haven't seen yet.

Astonishing Member

I think they're more likely to go with a big reveal a la Agnes than a last minute introduction.

It's possible you are correct. I just think everything is leaning toward a Loki being the one behind it all. Not a new Big Bad like Kang or something.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    It's possible you are correct. I just think everything is leaning toward a Loki being the one behind it all. Not a new Big Bad like Kang or something.
    If they go that route, I expect Ravonna to be our Loki mastermind. Though I honestly don't think she will be a Loki, while I do think she will be the ultimate villain. She has some kind of personal connection to Sylvie that we don't know about yet, and removing Sylvie from play has resulted in her career taking off. Sylvie's reappearance now threatens what she's built.

The parallels to the first Thor movie are all there. Sylvie is essentially in the Thor role, removed from her timeline the same way Thor was banished by Odin. Ravonna gains by this action in some way that isn't clear yet, as she goes from a hunter to a judge in the intervening years. In the same way that Loki became the heir to the throne, and then acting ruler of Asgard during the events of the Thor's exile. But, like the humbled and now worthy Thor, Sylvie is returning to reclaim what is hers. Or do whatever she can do that threatens Ravonna or the TVA, in any event. Our Loki is the wildcard, who will in some way steer events in a way that nobody saw coming, because he's Loki and that's more or less what he does.

I feel like the big reveal of this series will be that the "sacred timeline" is bullpucky, and the judges are just manipulating the timeline to their own personal advantage. And thus, whatever bit of information led Ravonna to try and prune Sylvie to kick off this whole mess.

I feel like they had to be conscious of Ravonna's connection to Kang in the comics for that to play out in some form here, although maybe not in a way that's necessarily relevant to the TVA.

She doesn't feel like a mastermind though.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like they had to be conscious of Ravonna's connection to Kang in the comics for that to play out in some form here, although maybe not in a way that's necessarily relevant to the TVA.

She doesn't feel like a mastermind though.
    Miss Minutes, on the other hand...

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Crazy, Unfounded Supposition Time.
    I wonder if Endgame's time heist worked as well as it did b/c Thanos' snap made a mess of Kang's preferred timeline, pruning him with the TVA was a bigger operation than Kang could undertake (for whatever reason), so he tweaked a thing or two in The Avengers' favor, and had his Time Keeper-bots say "it's part of the sacred timeline." Something small, like Kang making Ant-Man's escape from The Quantum Realm possible.

Makes me wonder how many of the millions of scenarios Dr. Strange saw in IW that Kang tried and reset before hitting the one that worked?
    Yeah, I like that. I don't know where it would be revealed, like in some part of Loki, teasing Kang to appear in MCU movies later on, or in a movie, but it would be a good way of connecting the Loki series to the movies, as well as explaining some of the crazy tangle of the time travel shenanigans of Endgame, and why the TVA didn't shut all that down the second the Avengers tried it.

Eh, I feel that, but the problem I think is that it would be pretty much repeating the story beat of revealing Agnes as the bad guy from WandaVision. Not saying they can't do it, but since that was literally what they did in one of the only (so far) two other Marvel series, it would seem kind of an uninspired thing to do. I don't know, not saying that it couldn't work, just that it wouldn't automatically be my first choice.

If they did decide to go with an established character being a hidden Loki though, my guess would have to be for it to be Mobius. Second only to Loki and arguably even more so than Sylvie, he's been our other major character, so the audience is vested in him, and because he has been such a sympathetic and seemingly benign character so far, it would be a huge twist if he ended up being the mastermind all along. But it would also work, to say he's been secretly manipulating everyone, from Ravonna to main-character Loki, for whatever the grand end scheme is. Assuming they would like to have a second season, this would also work for allowing the protagonists a temporary victory, in that they seem to achieve their goals in the immediate, but you end the season with a mustache-twirling Mobius/Loki seeming absolutely too pleased with how things turned out, and promising to see them all again, sooner than they would like.

But ya, still wouldn't be my first choice. I'm all for having the bad guy be a version of Loki we haven't seen yet -- like a classic, almost Mephisto-evil level Loki -- and having the introduction of that character being your teaser for next season. Like, sure the good guys won, but this guy is still out there, and given what he's already done, you don't want to just leave him to his own devices. I think that's where I'd be more likely to go with it, if it were up to me.
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Miss Minutes, on the other hand...
    I think they've said there's something going on with Miss Minutes but we haven't seen her since episode 2...

Spectacular Member

Default Loki Speculation: Are the Beyonders ultimately behind the TVA. Incursions!?

Those who read Hickman’s amazing New Avengers storyline about the Illuminati and the Incursions and the Fantastic Four series that led to that storyline will probably agree that this is one of the greatest story arcs in comicbook history.

And with the latest episode’s reveal that someone else is behind the TVA, I cant help but think the Beyonders are ultimately behind the whole thing. Who else cares more about pruning the multiverse and keeping it resource efficient more than the being running the whole thing? The Beyonders are almost certainly behind entities like Thanos and Galactus that serve to keep the multiverse managable...

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...-a-Simulation)

I just hope the MCU gets the Russo Brothers to direct the eventual films about the Incursions and the war between the Avengers and The Great Society (aka. The Justice League).

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

My money is on Kang.

Spectacular Member

Yes. Kang is likely the immediate leader. But who is behind Kang, Galactus, Thanos and all the similar entities that are constantly driven to prune the omniverse? The same Beyonders that put a Universe halving kill code inside each one (Thanos) and a backup universe ending kill code inside every universe (Molecule Man).

It’s like how we first found out about Thanos in the post credit scene of Avengers 1. We will find out about Kang in the post credits scene of the Loki finale and find out about the Beyonders in the post credit scene of Kang’s film.
    Last edited by Wikoogle; 07-04-2021 at 10:36 AM.

I see no indication that they are picking up any of the Hickman stories for the MCU. At this point it is just fan fic by you.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I see no indication that they are picking up any of the Hickman stories for the MCU. At this point it is just fan fic by you.
    Thats hogwash.

The multiversal war they talk about repeatedly in Loki is the exact same thing as the Incursions that occur in New Avengers. Did you read the New Avengers story arc. There is no way you dont see the similarities between the two if you read it.

Loki is beautifully setting all this up. Thanos failed at keeping the resources the simulation is taking up under control by pruning the population.

The TVA will likewise fail and the multiverse will remerge and use up way more resources than the Beyonders allocated to the simulation.

The incursions are coming, and Thanos failing and Loki ending the TVA will be the cause, its going to be amazing and its going to make the Infinity War story arc look like a childs game...

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...-a-Simulation)
    Last edited by Wikoogle; 07-04-2021 at 11:20 AM.