Page 51 of 59 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: Loki

Ok but lets say there are weaker Kangs and stronger Kangs, and a King Kang who rises above them all. They are all still the same person. One just got luckier than the rest, thats all. It can't be anything else if they are all the same person.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    There was no way Marvel was going to let Scott gain a victory against the "real" Kang all by himself so early in his appearances, though.
    They shouldn't really have had Kang fighting Ant-Man to start with, at least the way they executed it.
    This makes the most sense. The rest of the Kangs are his puppets while the real Kang is the puppeteer.
    Other than to show off Jonathan Majors' talent I still don't see the need to have so many Kangs.

Astonishing Member

The MCU should have had Kang kill one of the Pyms or Langs to show him as a serious threat. They dropped the ball having Ant-Man one up Majors.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    The MCU should have had Kang kill one of the Pyms or Langs to show him as a serious threat. They dropped the ball having Ant-Man one up Majors.
    I'm so tired of this mindset that a villain isn't a serious threat just because every encounter with them doesn't end with someone dead
    It's very limiting to stories.

So basically HWR was a heartbreaker that couldn't stand to have an equal partner in either his most loyal general Ravonna or his most loyal AI Miss Minutes...and ended up using both of them. Which was especially glaring in Ravonna's case because she helped him defeat the other Kang's. Dude just couldn't stand to work alongside someone for all time.

Although all this also could have been solved if Sylvie had just killed Ravonna in the first place.

Victor and OB bonding and trying to get each others' autographs was so precious. Who wouldn't love OB, really?

Should we really be making deals with people who've committed multiversal genocide? Then again I guess that was TVA policy prior so the whole organization is guilty of that in one way or another. I didn't shed any tears for Dox and her men though nor their attempt to remain steadfast against Ravonna.

It's surreal how Sylvie walks in like she's part of the team and then has the gall to lecture/yell at Mobius when he's just trying to keep an optimistic look at things. She even seemed kind of proud of how she caused this trouble in the first place. Though I guess part of it is just her lashing out because she just doesn't know what to do with herself any more.

"We are Gods" - mic drop, courtesy of Loki.

"Someone even worse" - It's funny how they're always alluding to Kang but none of them even know what his name is or seen a fully-fledged Kang.

Count on the actor like Brad to be in it for himself and dial back his emotions as if on cue.

They killed off the one nice TVA guy! Worst part is Victor offered him his hot cocoa and never got to enjoy it himself.

Who knew this would be as easy as just resetting Miss Minutes (who turns out to have just been a normal digital clock) and giving the Loki's their magic back? Ravonna never had a chance. Pretty unceremonious end for her too, she didn't even get to fight back or do much in the end.

What was Miss Minutes trying to tell Timely? One last confession of love in the end? Something to do with HWR? "You'll never be him" felt like a glitch and not what she was intending to say, but also something Timely was probably happy to hear in the first place.

Speaking of unceremonious ends...poor Victor Timely. The one good Kang Variant killed so gruesomely and without warning, all because he wanted to play the hero and was inspired by Loki. And then they lose all hope as the temporal loom explodes and consumes them.

What's next for Loki and the TVA? Some kind of temporal reboot that revives people who got killed off? They somehow survived? Maybe tossed across time? Will this be the last we see of Jonathan Majors?
    Quote Originally Posted by StickMin View Post
    I'm so tired of this mindset that a villain isn't a serious threat just because every encounter with them doesn't end with someone dead
    It's very limiting to stories.
    But arguably it can be warranted if it doesn't feel like they properly set up the threat level of a villain.

Kang didn't have to kill someone to be seen as a threat. The movie could've just given him a goal that he was able to achieve through an impressive display of intellect or guile or tactics, etc.... and the Lang/Pyms could have been shown to be lucky to escape with their lives, knowing there was a massive threat to the universe out there that they let escape.

Regarding the show, I find I'm getting kinda bored with what's going on. Loki's there, but the show's not about him any more. It's not even about Sylvie - it's just a bunch of running around or talking about ... stuff. I don't even feel motivated to properly articulate my thoughts. I'm just not excited by the show.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 10-26-2023 at 09:59 PM.

Incredible Member

Did we learn nothing from Spider-Man: Across the Spiderverse? When we first see The Spot he is a joke. Miles doesn’t take him seriously but The Spot later becomes a truly frightening villain who is definitely no joke.

Killing a bunch of people isn’t the only way to establish a villain as a threat. Although if it’s a high body count you want then Kang/HWR is responsible for more deaths than anyone in the MCU. Thanos killing half of all life in the universe was nothing compared to pruning entire timelines.

Sylvie not taking miss minutes from her when she threw her through the portal, I knew would come back to bite her. Really dumb Sylvie.

Also, with that look at the timeline and the end of time in pieces does that mean kid loki, gater loki and throg are all dead now?

Not having him get defeated by ants would have been good, too.

If you think about it, you could completely remove Scott, Hank, Janet and Cassie from the equation and just have the ants get sucked into the Quantum Realm. The ants still would have evolved at a super rate and defeated Kang, saving the realm. Kang would not have even gotten his gizmo.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

The original ending in Quantumania was supposed to have Scott or I think the Pyms sacrifice themselves to trap Kang in the Quantum Realm, I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Kang didn't have to kill someone to be seen as a threat. The movie could've just given him a goal that he was able to achieve through an impressive display of intellect or guile or tactics, etc.... and the Lang/Pyms could have been shown to be lucky to escape with their lives, knowing there was a massive threat to the universe out there that they let escape.

Regarding the show, I find I'm getting kinda bored with what's going on. Loki's there, but the show's not about him any more. It's not even about Sylvie - it's just a bunch of running around or talking about ... stuff. I don't even feel motivated to properly articulate my thoughts. I'm just not excited by the show.
    Do you think it's partially because the threat is so abstract with the loom blowing up?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Do you think it's partially because the threat is so abstract with the loom blowing up?
    That's definitely a part of it.(it doesn't help that the plan for the latest ep felt like a replay of the first one - probably so they could just use the same set) It's like Star Trek technobabble, which is usually fine because the tech stuff isn't meant to get in the way of the actual story. But here, I'm not sure if there's an actual character-based story to follow. It mostly feels like pieces moving around with thinly-drawn motivations, where Loki, Sylvie and Mobius actually have the least to do.

Also, it's beginning to bug me how it seems like there are only a handful of main people in the TVA despite how massive we know it to be. What are all those other people doing?
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 10-27-2023 at 11:58 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    That's definitely a part of it.(it doesn't help that the plan for the latest ep felt like a replay of the first one - probably so they could just use the same set) It's like Star Trek technobabble, which is usually fine because the tech stuff isn't meant to get in the way of the actual story. But here, I'm not sure if there's an actual character-based story to follow. It mostly feels like pieces moving around with thinly-drawn motivations, where Loki, Sylvie and Mobius actually have the least to do.

Also, it's beginning to bug me how it seems like there are only a handful of main people in the TVA despite how massive we know it to be. What are all those other people doing?
    Wait a minute. You complain that Loki, Mobius and Sylvie don’t have enough to do yet you also want to see what everyone else in the TVA is doing?

Those two things are at odds.

I’m not hopeful, but maybe now something will happen in the last two episodes apart from people with insufficient characterisation talking in rooms.

Quote Originally Posted by HollowSage View Post
    Wait a minute. You complain that Loki, Mobius and Sylvie don’t have enough to do yet you also want to see what everyone else in the TVA is doing?

Those two things are at odds.
    No, it's actually not. I want (at least one of) the three main characters to have an interesting character-based story. And I want to know what all those other people at the TVA are there for - I don't need to follow them or get to know them, I would simply like an indication of how they contribute. For example, I don't need to follow the lower deck crew members of the Enterprise to buy into the fact that hundreds of people are doing stuff even if the same main characters do all the important stuff, because of how the operations of the ship is presented. The TVA seems to have hundreds of thousands of people who are there to do nothing but serve the TVA, but I don't get a sense that the TVA is that big other than in those massive wide shots.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 10-27-2023 at 03:08 PM.

Have to say…when I started the episode? When Ravonna and Miss Minutes watch the ‘video’ of HWR and Ravonna, and Miss Minutes says something like, “We don’t need him. Maybe we never did,” I IMMEDIATELY thought of that as an emergency hatch for dropping Majors if the trial goes poorly for him.

By the end of the episode, I wasn’t sure if that statement would matter anymore at all…