Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    That is why Justice League knockoffs work so well because everyone is a clear power type or a role. In glance you can generally what the character is suppose to be doing and you get their personality. That is a little bit harder to with Marvel characters and the Avengers team BUT I am pretty sure this goes better if you ask for Fantastic Four knock offs.
    Yeah that hits the nail. The Justice League is a simple toolset where every tool has an obvious purpose. The Avengers are more mixed up.

There's also the fact that the Justice League in addition to being a superteam is actually a superteam composed of its biggest and most popular and beloved characters who often fight villains combined from their rogues gallery and others created specifically to challenge them all. Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Green Lantern are DC's biggest heroes (add in a token Martin Manhunter or a Hawkperson or two or three). So it actually represents the best and brightest of DC.

In the case of Marvel, the fact is the Avengers while having a somewhat lofty (and largely verbal and official) position as this big super-team for the most part rarely featured its biggest, most popular and beloved characters. Spider-Man, the X-Men, Fantastic Four were historically Marvel's biggest characters and they weren't regular or official Avengers a lot of the times. The three villains with the most appearances in Marvel Comics -- Dr. Doom, Magneto, Green Goblin -- aren't primarily Avengers villains for most of its history. Now some fans are gonna go -- But Bendis -- and I'll point out Bendis was explicitly trying to make The Avengers more like the Justice League and actually incorporate their most famous and beloved characters in the line-up.

There are team-ups and parodies of Fantastic Four across the board, of the X-Men too, and of Spider-Man. So those are the distinct cream of Marvel's crop, at least over a longer period of time.

So the Justice League lend itself better to being the actual pantheon of a superhero universe as a model, more than Avengers do.
    Last edited by Revolutionary_Jack; 04-07-2021 at 08:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Wasn't the monkey from a short called Dial M for Monkey? Did he even have a name besides Monkey?
    No he did not. Dial M for Monkey was just the name of the short.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Mark Millar had an Avengerrs team be throughly massacred by his Authority (oddly enough, a copy of the JLA themselves), in his and Quietly's run. But, it's better left forgotten. I prefer the Champions of Angor or the Maximums.

Peace
    No love for the Retaliators?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Yeah it's pretty ridiculous but I've seen crazier questions... conclusions Coming from MCU Fans
    :/
    You do realise comics is a niche medium right? A lot of MCU fans don't read comics or even know the basics of character X's comic counterpart.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    No love for the Retaliators?
    Sure, but I really didn't get why Morrison had to give us two teams of Marvel Heroes in his Multiverse. Though They've only appeared once, and they were creations of Myxy (No way I'm gonna write him name), The Maximums were the ones that most sparked my immagination.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    You do realise comics is a niche medium right? A lot of MCU fans don't read comics or even know the basics of character X's comic counterpart.
    99.9% of the MCU fans have never read a comic book.

Mighty Member

i still wonder if any knock off Avengers team are a villains?

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    i still wonder if any knock off Avengers team are a villains?
    Millar’s Americans (mentioned a page or two back) were def. villains.

I'd rather not see the Avengers pastiche folks if they are villains and I don't care for dumb parodies at this point.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

As others have said the Avengers didn't become popular until relatively recently and the Justice League feature each to parody archetypes.

There are plenty of knock off Fantastic four teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    99.9% of the MCU fans have never read a comic book.
    Do you really think it's that high?

BANNED

most people have read *A* comic book. However, the question is how many people have read a comic series. How many have read it to completion? How many have read multiple comic book series? How many have read the series that influence and inspired the movies? How many have read them and also other comic book series with those characters? Then how many have comic subscriptions or go to an LCS

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    most people have read *A* comic book. However, the question is how many people have read a comic series. How many have read it to completion? How many have read multiple comic book series? How many have read the series that influence and inspired the movies? How many have read them and also other comic book series with those characters? Then how many have comic subscriptions or go to an LCS
    Probably far fewer than have read *A* comic book

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Sure, but I really didn't get why Morrison had to give us two teams of Marvel Heroes in his Multiverse.
    To killl one and conservate the other, I suppose, as he did.

Though They've only appeared once, and they were creations of Myxy (No way I'm gonna write him name), The Maximums were the ones that most sparked my immagination.

Peace
    Oh, yes, the Maximums were a full over the top parody more of the Ultimates than the Avengers. The sad or funny thing is than later Loeb continued writting the Maximums, but under the Ultimates vol. 3 banner.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    Do you really think it's that high?
    Considering the MCU has a global fanbase and Marvel comics are most popular in America, yes. I doubt China even publishes Marvel comics.