Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    What month would 74 come out? Immortal Hulk is ending soon, does it line up? If it does it could be Ewing.
    Ewing has GotG, SWORD, We Only Find Them When They're Dead, and (unconfirmed but likely) Defenders post-Immortal Hulk, I dont think he'd pick up Spidey, seems like he prefers team books(even Immortal Hulk is a team book)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    What month would 74 come out? Immortal Hulk is ending soon, does it line up? If it does it could be Ewing.
    According to the June Solicits 69 is coming out that month, so unless they are running 4 issues 74 and 75 are likely for September.

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    Cates has a recent interview saying the new book he is writing is absolute bonkers, not sure that would describe Spiderman or Hulk? Speculation is he is going to be writing Moon Knight?
    Moon Knight’s creative team got leaked by BC. Not Cates.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkalamari View Post
    Ewing has GotG, SWORD, We Only Find Them When They're Dead, and (unconfirmed but likely) Defenders post-Immortal Hulk, I dont think he'd pick up Spidey, seems like he prefers team books(even Immortal Hulk is a team book)
    I don't think Ewing would fit much on a ASM anyways.

Mighty Member

I've said it before, Spencer was going to end around issue 80, I didn't see him lasting the entire 100 issues

Honestly, I'll be okay with Zdarksy, Ewing or Cates, but I think they are gearing up for someone like Rosenberg.

But I do believe a Rosenberg run would be continuing Spencer's story, with mostly focusing on Spider-man fighting Kindred.

However, looking at the themes of his other comics, Cates could also continue the Kindred direction, focusing on the father son relationship now that Norman is "Good" and Kindred is "Bad"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    I've said it before, Spencer was going to end around issue 80, I didn't see him lasting the entire 100 issues

Honestly, I'll be okay with Zdarksy, Ewing or Cates, but I think they are gearing up for someone like Rosenberg.

But I do believe a Rosenberg run would be continuing Spencer's story, with mostly focusing on Spider-man fighting Kindred.

However, looking at the themes of his other comics, Cates could also continue the Kindred direction, focusing on the father son relationship now that Norman is "Good" and Kindred is "Bad"
    I do not know anything about Rosenberg ( I am Amazing exclusive). But I have to believe that the next writer whoever he ( or she) is wants to put their own spin on Peter and the supporting cast. I especially believe a writer ( especially if they are well established) wants to have a clean slate to work with. That probably means Peter and MJ are not married before they take over ( so the writer can decide should they be married or even together?), but it also means the 900 pound gorilla named OMD is history so that too is not stuck on his back.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I do not know anything about Rosenberg ( I am Amazing exclusive). But I have to believe that the next writer whoever he ( or she) is wants to put their own spin on Peter and the supporting cast. I especially believe a writer ( especially if they are well established) wants to have a clean slate to work with. That probably means Peter and MJ are not married before they take over ( so the writer can decide should they be married or even together?), but it also means the 900 pound gorilla named OMD is history so that too is not stuck on his back.
    He did the .LR issues with Spencer.

Astonishing Member

He did the .LR issues with Spencer.
    Thank you I did not realize that. I am waiting for trades to read the non Peter parts

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I've really enjoyed spencer on the book honestly, I'll be sad if his run ends soon. I'd like to see someone other than a man take over the title though, maybe someone like leah williams.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I've really enjoyed spencer on the book honestly, I'll be sad if his run ends soon. I'd like to see someone other than a man take over the title though, maybe someone like leah williams.
    I do not see it. Marvel has people of the same or similar ethnic group and ( or) gender writing and drawing comics. Take Shang-Chi they are having Yang Ruan and Yu instead of say someone of Irish Heritage ( like me) doing it. Does it mean a lady cannot? Of course not. But that is what they are doing ( right or wrong). Look at Miles and Silk it is exactly the same thing.
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 04-12-2021 at 07:01 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I’d give his run a B-. He hasn’t done anything egregiously awful like Slott (who I would give a D+), but his sense of pacing is not good (the Kindred ID reveal and the OMD teasing has both gone on a year longer than they should’ve) and while his arc set-ups are good, his conclusions usually leave a lot to be desired (which I guess is a similar flaw to Slott). There is still plenty I like though, like the sense of humor that’s come back to the book with Boomerang and Peter getting back with MJ, but I do not think it’s been a classic run so far like some others imo.
    Last edited by HypnoHustler; 04-12-2021 at 07:33 AM.

Mighty Member

Yeah, Spencer has been fine on the title.
    And I think leaving at #75 would mean that he hasn't overstayed his welcome.
    He hasn't done anything awful, in fact he has done some great things with the character. He excels at the smaller arcs, but when it comes to the bigger arcs, he tends to fall short.

I did enjoy Last Remains, but it had a problem of never knowing when to end.
    I don't think his run will be fondly remembered as much as some others, but it won't be hated.
    He essentially played tidy up with continuity.

Basically, he'll end it on a point where another writer could do something great with the character.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, Spencer has been fine on the title.
    And I think leaving at #75 would mean that he hasn't overstayed his welcome.
    He hasn't done anything awful, in fact he has done some great things with the character. He excels at the smaller arcs, but when it comes to the bigger arcs, he tends to fall short.

I did enjoy Last Remains, but it had a problem of never knowing when to end.
    I don't think his run will be fondly remembered as much as some others, but it won't be hated.
    He essentially played tidy up with continuity.

Basically, he'll end it on a point where another writer could do something great with the character.
    I am going to predict the 80’s will be the end. Why? 69 is Chameleon ( June Solicits). He still has Mysterio and Kindred to wrap up, and I cannot believe he will not want to write Otto and Dillion. Maybe a nice way to end it would be Mysterio, then Dillion, then Otto, and finally Kindred with Kingsley popping up and becoming Green Goblin.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I am going to predict the 80’s will be the end. Why? 69 is Chameleon ( June Solicits). He still has Mysterio and Kindred to wrap up, and I cannot believe he will not want to write Otto and Dillion. Maybe a nice way to end it would be Mysterio, then Dillion, then Otto, and finally Kindred with Kingsley popping up and becoming Green Goblin.
    Didn’t he say in a interview revealing kindred was only the first half of the story though? It just seems so weird to think this run would already be wrapping up..

Mighty Member

I really doubt he'll bring Ock or Dillion in at this point.
    Regardless, 80 issues is a perfect amount in my opinion.