Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 81
  1. #31
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    1,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    I really doubt he'll bring Ock or Dillion in at this point.
    Regardless, 80 issues is a perfect amount in my opinion.
    “Regrets I had a few, but then again too few to mention.” ( Frank Sinatra ( My Way)). If I was Spencer and I wrote Spider-Man, I would not want to look back five years from now, and say “Damn now that I mention it, how come I never touched Electro and ( especially) Doc. Ock. Since according to him he has the beginning, middle and end planned out” I cannot see him not using Otto and ( or) Dillion. If he is going to use Shocker who is inferior to Electro ( and I like Shocker more then most), why would he not have used Dillion? Unless of course, he is saving him for later. I am really waiting to see the July solicits to see if Electro or Mysterio is coming up next ( I think Otto would be saved for last ( or next to last with Kindred)).

  2. #32
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    388

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    “Regrets I had a few, but then again too few to mention.” ( Frank Sinatra ( My Way)). If I was Spencer and I wrote Spider-Man, I would not want to look back five years from now, and say “Damn now that I mention it, how come I never touched Electro and ( especially) Doc. Ock. Since according to him he has the beginning, middle and end planned out” I cannot see him not using Otto and ( or) Dillion. If he is going to use Shocker who is inferior to Electro ( and I like Shocker more then most), why would he not have used Dillion? Unless of course, he is saving him for later. I am really waiting to see the July solicits to see if Electro or Mysterio is coming up next ( I think Otto would be saved for last ( or next to last with Kindred)).
    I don't think he'll regret not using them. I doubt big he really cares all that much.
    There's more of a chance he'll use Dillion, but it seems no on really wants to touch Ock right now.
    I'm half expecting Ock to turn up in #900.
    But that's even if Spencer is still on the title.

  3. #33
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    65,592

    Default

    I think Dillon will probably come back as a tie-in with No Way Home.

  4. #34
    Mighty Member Jman27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Dillon will probably come back as a tie-in with No Way Home.
    well he did die in a tie in to amazing spiderman 2 so maybe
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

    "I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

    "My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

  5. #35
    Incredible Member Spidey_62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    561

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    well he did die in a tie in to amazing spiderman 2 so maybe
    He didn't die in that story, he died in the lead-up to Clone Conspiracy. I believe the current Electro, Francine, was introduced in the tie-in story and died in the same story. I like Francine, she doesn't offer a whole lot more than Max really ever did but it's nice having one more female Spidey rogue. He doesn't have enough of them
    Last edited by Spidey_62; 04-12-2021 at 08:11 PM.

  6. #36
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    65,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    He didn't die in that story, he died in the lead-up to Clone Conspiracy. I believe the current Electro, Francine, was introduced in the tie-in story and died in the same story. I like Francine, she doesn't offer a whole lot more than Max really ever did but it's nice having one more female Spidey rogue. He doesn't have enough of them
    To be honest Francine sometimes comes off more like a goon to me than Dillon ever did, but I get the need for more female villains even if I prefer Dillon.

    Why not have both ?

  7. #37
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    Cates has said that if Spencer ended his run around the time Venom ended then he would be the next Spider-Man writer.

    And for someone that said “I have nothing more to say about Spider-Man”, Zdarsky sure does write a lot of Spider-Man minis lol
    Can you post the link where Cates said that? Sounds interesting, thanks.

  8. #38
    Incredible Member Spidey_62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    561

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    To be honest Francine sometimes comes off more like a goon to me than Dillon ever did, but I get the need for more female villains even if I prefer Dillon.

    Why not have both ?
    I agree, I just think Max probably wouldn't be too happy with Francine whenever he comes back- much like how she wasn't happy with him when she came back. It'll just become a loop! They should just get over it all and be friends instead!

  9. #39
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    1,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    I agree, I just think Max probably wouldn't be too happy with Francine whenever he comes back- much like how she wasn't happy with him when she came back. It'll just become a loop! They should just get over it all and be friends instead!
    One problem I have with Marvel is a lack of creativity. Such as the use of female versions of Octopus and Electro ( neither of which tops the original). If Marvel wants Peter to fight a female adversary, why not create new female enemies instead? Along the same lines: Using the Mephisto deal and Clone Saga for Miles instead of new storylines? Basically retread villains and retread ideas.
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 04-13-2021 at 04:32 AM.

  10. #40
    Incredible Member xpyred's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    720

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    One problem I have with Marvel is a lack of creativity. Such as the use of female versions of Octopus and Electro ( neither of which tops the original). If Marvel wants Peter to fight a female adversary, why not create new female enemies instead? Along the same lines: Using the Mephisto deal and Clone Saga for Miles instead of new storylines? Basically retread villains and retread ideas.
    Seems like a trend that been around forever. As much as I enjoy most of Claremont’s multiple runs on x-men, all his stories seem to have X-men versus X-men. So annoying.

  11. #41
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    1,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    Seems like a trend that been around forever. As much as I enjoy most of Claremont’s multiple runs on x-men, all his stories seem to have X-men versus X-men. So annoying.
    Hollywood is even worse. I automatically think of Vin Dissel. Not only does he usually play a variation of the same character, but is always wearing white tee shirts. The battle between Peter versus Star is intriguing, because it is someone Peter has not battled before. If it is well done, moving her over to the Peter Rogues Gallery is not a bad idea. It checks all the boxes: Female character, while not simply being a distaff version of a classic villain and makes Peter really have to step up in order to survive.

  12. #42
    Incredible Member xpyred's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    720

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Hollywood is even worse. I automatically think of Vin Dissel. Not only does he usually play a variation of the same character, but is always wearing white tee shirts. The battle between Peter versus Star is intriguing, because it is someone Peter has not battled before. If it is well done, moving her over to the Peter Rogues Gallery is not a bad idea. It checks all the boxes: Female character, while not simply being a distaff version of a classic villain and makes Peter really have to step up in order to survive.
    Totally agree. Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart and especially Will Smith all suffer the same boring trend.

  13. #43
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    1,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    Totally agree. Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart and especially Will Smith all suffer the same boring trend.
    Smith can actually act ( see Enemy Of The State), but Kevin Hart is the black Woody Allen. An obnoxious little dweeb who is incapable of playing anything but that character. I think of when he is a Boomerang type sidekick to Johnson ( Jumanji ( I really hated the sequel)) or Ice Cube ( Ride Along). But unlike Boomerang, he brings nothing to the table. I have yet to laugh at a situation ( let alone joke of his).

  14. #44
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    388

    Default

    And then you have my personal favourite actor, Kyle Maclachlan who is able to play 4 different characters in the same show.
    Vin Diesel is only really good for action anyway, when you watch a movie he is the main star (or a main star), you're only really watch him, the actor, in those situations, not the character.

    I'm okay with this by the way, you're always going to get actors who aren't very good, but put on an entertaining film anyway.
    But I prefer the actual actors who are good at acting in good shows. But if I wanted to, I could easily out on a Fast and Furious and just be entertained.

  15. #45
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    1,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    And then you have my personal favourite actor, Kyle Maclachlan who is able to play 4 different characters in the same show.
    Vin Diesel is only really good for action anyway, when you watch a movie he is the main star (or a main star), you're only really watch him, the actor, in those situations, not the character.

    I'm okay with this by the way, you're always going to get actors who aren't very good, but put on an entertaining film anyway.
    But I prefer the actual actors who are good at acting in good shows. But if I wanted to, I could easily out on a Fast and Furious and just be entertained.
    There are still Actors like Denzel Washington who excel at action, just like actors of the past such as Eastwood, Wayne, Stewart or Cooper, were at their best playing in action films but could do comedy or drama as well. That is something that Dissel cannot do. Even when it comes to car scenes, Dissel cannot compare to say a Steve McQueen in Bullett, The Getaway or LeMans. McQueen also did his own stunts without a bunch of special effects. I will take a Denzel, McQueen or Gary Cooper over anyone today for that reason.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •