Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Well, for the Golden Age....hmmm, difficult for the final member, but the first two are obviously:

Alan Scott/Green Lantern
    Jay Garrick/The Flash

The third could have been either Dr. Fate (Kent), or Hawkman (Carter), but I went with Carter.

A modern era JSA is also not easy.

Kara Zor-L/Karen Starr/Power Girl would be my first choice. And leader. She's the first of the JSA's second generation, or at least the most important of that era.

Holt's Mr. Terrific would be my second. A newer, second gen version of the original.

Stargirl would be my third, representing the youngest and newest part of the JSA.

Jay Garrick, Kent Nelson, Alan Scott
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Flash, Green Lantern and Hawkman.
    I have to agree. All founders, all members in almost every iteration along the way.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Jay Alan Kent
    Just because those are the ones I know to have a legacy
    I know the other also have legacy I just don't remember their names right now
    Both the original and the legacy

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Golden Age: Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, & Flash

Modern Age: Hawkman, Dr. Fate, & Power Girl
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

I think Jay, Alan, and Carter are the correct choices, but since they've had counterparts going back so far on what we used to call Earth-One, I tend to favor characters like Dr. Mid-Nite, Hourman, Starman, Sandman, Johnny Thunder, etc.

I know that they each have legacies too but they're pretty much legacies within the JSA. When I think about the JSA, I think about the characters that I first learned about in JSA/All-Star comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Flash, Green Lantern and Hawkman.
    Agreed. Carter bores me, but he is definitely #3 for the JSA.
    "Age is not defined by years, but by regrets...I'm an old man now." --Fighting Yank, "Project Superpowers"

WW2 era: Jay, Scott and Carter.

Modern era:: Jay, Scott and Ted Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Wonder Woman faded from JSA appearances after the original All-Star run ended. She was definitely a big name, but looking at JSA appearances after they returned in the Silver Age we still see Flash, GL, and Hawkman as the big three. And after COIE, WW was removed from the team's roster totally and not returned there until John Byrne put Hippolyta there. Diana didn't return until 2020. Like I sad, personal preference not supported by story.
    But remember what the OP said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    Okay, we've obviously got the DC Trinity, and we've got the JSA Trinity that came to be thanks to Geoff Johns of Flash, Green Lantern, and Wildcat. But supposing you were in charge? Pick your era/s. Pick your ideal JSA Trinity.
    So, based on the Golden Age era, the trio of Flash, Green Lantern, and Wonder Woman is a valid response.

Retired

Well it was Flash, Green Lantern and Wonder Woman--the COMIC CAVALCADE Triptych.

Yet not really, if you follow the rules of the Justice Society in the wartime era, since as soon as a member got their own solo title, they had to leave active service in the J.S.A. Which all three did--except that Wonder Woman continued to show up as the secretary. But since she rarely went out on cases during this period, she was still living up to the letter of the law and not being active.

So if Flash, Green Lantern and Wonder Woman are eliminated by not being active in the J.S.A., then we have to look further down the roll call to the next three members that remained active with the J.S.A during that period. And there it's pretty clear that the top three most active members were Hawkman, Atom and Dr. Mid-Nite. Hawkman was in every issue from ALL-STAR COMICS 3 - 57. The Atom was almost as active, only missing issues 27 and 36. While Mid-Nite was active in issues 8 thru 57.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But remember what the OP said:So, based on the Golden Age era, the trio of Flash, Green Lantern, and Wonder Woman is a valid response.
    The only real criteria is there have to be three, then. I could go with Luornu Durgo in the far future or Captain America, Human Torch, and Sub-Mariner in Golden Age parallel time. The original premise is one based on some belief that Geoff Johns somehow did something that reversed eight decades of actual stories.

Like I said (this makes three times now - oooh, maybe this is the JSA Trinity), personal preference not supported by story.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    WW2 era: Jay, Scott and Carter.

Modern era:: Jay, Scott and Ted Grant.
    The correct answer, but Carter is the only one who I can accept swapping for Ted.

That said, any non-WWII JSA without PG, Mr. Terrific or Stargirl feels wrong to me.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Modern Age: Hawkman, Dr. Fate, & Power Girl
    I'd love a modern age JSA 'Trinity' where Dr. Fate, Power Girl and, say, Wildcat are the elder statesmen for a new age. And an even younger 'Trinity' of Mr. Terrific, Stargirl and Cyclone are the new blood, eager to pick up where the old JSA left off.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I'd love a modern age JSA 'Trinity' where Dr. Fate, Power Girl and, say, Wildcat are the elder statesmen for a new age. And an even younger 'Trinity' of Mr. Terrific, Stargirl and Cyclone are the new blood, eager to pick up where the old JSA left off.
    I get the impression that Mr. Terrific is somewhat older than PG. Though the difference probably is probably fairly small. If you wanted to go that way, Stargirl and Cyclone...but then it's hard. They have others that age, but none made enough of an impression to even begin calling them part of a "Trinity".