Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Although I insist on my vote of Flash (Jay), Green Lantern (Alan) and Hawkman (Carter) for the reasons I gave before, when I started reading the Justice Society (around the time of All-Star Comics and their short stint over at Adventure Comics), Dr. Fate (Kent Nelson) had a much larger role to play on the team than in previous and later runs. He was like the mentor, elder statesman, of the team (Carter still was the leader, though), guiding them on their path.
    And the Trinity of Flash, Lantern and Hawk was still very evident in James Robinson's version of the Society in the New 52's Earth Two, only it was Flash (Jay), Green Lantern (Alan) and HAWKGIRL (Kendra) , for there was no Hawkman in Earth 2. These three were the central figures of the whole series.
    As for a modern Trinity for the Society, it's harder, for there are many important members to the team ever since the JSA's relaunch started them going full strength again (Sand, Power Girl, Wildcat, etc...). But I think that the three that best embody the future of the JSA are/were - Mr. Terrific (Michael Holt), Starrgirl (Courtney Whitmore) and Dr. Mid-Nite (Dr. Pieter Cross).

Peace

Retired

These three dolls, they are IdealTM

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    The only real criteria is there have to be three, then. I could go with Luornu Durgo in the far future or Captain America, Human Torch, and Sub-Mariner in Golden Age parallel time. The original premise is one based on some belief that Geoff Johns somehow did something that reversed eight decades of actual stories.

Like I said (this makes three times now - oooh, maybe this is the JSA Trinity), personal preference not supported by story.

The original idea was for a fun little premise to throw out there for JSA fans to play with. I obviously know the 'correct' answer (gotta be Jay, Alan, and Carter for the Golden Age), but I also know what I want to go with for a bit of fun, and that's what my response shows. It's just meant to be a relaxing exercise, mate. To let us sit back, compare answers, and smile. Play with it how you like.

Incredible Member

Green Lantern/ Alan Scott, Flash/ Jay Garrick and Wildcat/ Ted Grant

Assuming a trinity is supposed to have one woman. I'd go...

Alan Scott, Jay Garrick and Dinah Lance, but...

I can't help but associate the modern day Black Canary with the JLA and the other trinity (Hal, Ollie, Dinah) so maybe...

Alan, Jay, Shayera or Kendra?

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Although I insist on my vote of Flash (Jay), Green Lantern (Alan) and Hawkman (Carter) for the reasons I gave before, when I started reading the Justice Society (around the time of All-Star Comics and their short stint over at Adventure Comics), Dr. Fate (Kent Nelson) had a much larger role to play on the team than in previous and later runs. He was like the mentor, elder statesman, of the team (Carter still was the leader, though), guiding them on their path.
    And the Trinity of Flash, Lantern and Hawk was still very evident in James Robinson's version of the Society in the New 52's Earth Two, only it was Flash (Jay), Green Lantern (Alan) and HAWKGIRL (Kendra) , for there was no Hawkman in Earth 2. These three were the central figures of the whole series.
    As for a modern Trinity for the Society, it's harder, for there are many important members to the team ever since the JSA's relaunch started them going full strength again (Sand, Power Girl, Wildcat, etc...). But I think that the three that best embody the future of the JSA are/were - Mr. Terrific (Michael Holt), Starrgirl (Courtney Whitmore) and Dr. Mid-Nite (Dr. Pieter Cross).

Peace
    Dr. Fate struck me less as mentor than aristocratic manipulator in that run. Less so than in Giffin's 1987 JL, and sure the JS were his friends, but he also seemed to look on them as tools to be used to get a job done that only he could fully understand. I thought it was a great depiction, I guess I just perceived it differently than you.

Alan and Jay seem to be overwhelmingly the top two names here.

Carter Hall, Diana, and Kent Nelson have all gotten significant notice for the third spot. The three appear to all have attendance issues and changes in identity which dulls the sheen.

Wildcat works well because of his later popularity. He also has a modern personality which wouldn't have fit in with the Golden Age JSA. But he's come on lately and the "nine lives" plot point was simple and almost elegent in its simplicity to explain him being around since the forties.

However, movies and the recent shuffling of Wonder Woman is something which makes me thing this could be a big three DC would want to see in the near future.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Green Lantern, Flash, Dr. Fate.
    Assassinate Putin!

Extraordinary Member

Just so long as they keep Wonder Woman, Superman, and Batman FAR away. Let the JSA be the JSA, not "The Trinity Plus", IMO.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Just so long as they keep Wonder Woman, Superman, and Batman FAR away. Let the JSA be the JSA, not "The Trinity Plus", IMO.
    B-b-b-but those three guys were all members of the Justice Society prior to Crisis and some of the best J.S.A. stories feature them--Wonder Woman especially.

JSA 22.jpgi choose the 3

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    These three dolls, they are IdealTM

This post is loaded with brilliance and wit.

I always enjoyed the JSA: Strange Adventures miniseries for the dynamic it gave Alan and Ted. It really pushed them to the forefront by story necessity and one could read it as them being in charge, if you were so inclined. Not sure who you'd have as the third from that book, though. Nobody else really stood out to me in leadership kind of way. Maybe Wesley, but that's kind of pushing it a bit.
    Last edited by Cat; 04-10-2021 at 11:46 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    JSA 22.jpgi choose the 3
    Yes these , totally agree

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Flash, Green lantern, Doctor Fate.
    "Cable was right!"