Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Who Would Your Ideal JSA Trinity Be?

Okay, we've obviously got the DC Trinity, and we've got the JSA Trinity that came to be thanks to Geoff Johns of Flash, Green Lantern, and Wildcat. But supposing you were in charge? Pick your era/s. Pick your ideal JSA Trinity.

Personally, for a generalised Golden Age team, there's something appealing to me about the combination of Hawkman, Dr Fate, and Starman. Unusual I know, but i think it has potential.

For the modern Johns era, I'd go with Hawkman again, Mr Terrific, and Dr Mid-Nite. It's awfully tempting to sideline someone for Power Girl, but I like the skills that Pieter brings to the table, maybe I'd give Carter a rest in her favour.

What are your picks?

Flash, Green Lantern and Hawkman.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    Okay, we've obviously got the DC Trinity, and we've got the JSA Trinity that came to be thanks to Geoff Johns of Flash, Green Lantern, and Wildcat. But supposing you were in charge? Pick your era/s. Pick your ideal JSA Trinity.

Personally, for a generalised Golden Age team, there's something appealing to me about the combination of Hawkman, Dr Fate, and Starman. Unusual I know, but i think it has potential.

For the modern Johns era, I'd go with Hawkman again, Mr Terrific, and Dr Mid-Nite. It's awfully tempting to sideline someone for Power Girl, but I like the skills that Pieter brings to the table, maybe I'd give Carter a rest in her favour.

What are your picks?
    I loved the Johns era trinity but I think I would go with: Jay Garrick, Jack Knight, Pieter Cross.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Flash, GL, Hawkman.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Thing 2099 View Post
    Flash, GL, Hawkman.
    Pretty much this. As much as I like Wildcat, the Atom, Hourman, Starman, Dr. Fate, etc.. What we have here is the one that get's along with everyone, everybody's friend; the one everyone respects and looks up to; and the one that everyone follows, the leader.

Peace

Same. These are the 3 that pop into my head immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Thing 2099 View Post
    Flash, GL, Hawkman.
    These are the big three for the JSA. Period.

Any other selections are for personal favorites and not what decades of stories have shown. There is no JSA "trinity". The only DC Trinity consists of Superman, Batman, and Woinder Woman because of their continuous publication since the early Golden Age. Teams (JSA, Avengers, Legion) have their big three characters and those are pretty much been the result of decades of stories and the relative importance and frequency of those three.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    . . . Any other selections are for personal favorites and not what decades of stories have shown. There is no JSA "trinity". The only DC Trinity consists of Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman because of their continuous publication since the early Golden Age. Teams (JSA, Avengers, Legion) have their big three characters and those are pretty much been the result of decades of stories and the relative importance and frequency of those three.
    Actually, going with Flash (Jay), Green Lantern (Alan), and Wonder Woman would also be an acceptable "trinity" since those are the only three members who had their own solo-titles back then (not counting honorary members Superman and Batman).

Flash, Green Lantern, and Starman

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Actually, going with Flash (Jay), Green Lantern (Alan), and Wonder Woman would also be an acceptable "trinity" since those are the only three members who had their own solo-titles back then (not counting honorary members Superman and Batman).
    Wonder Woman faded from JSA appearances after the original All-Star run ended. She was definitely a big name, but looking at JSA appearances after they returned in the Silver Age we still see Flash, GL, and Hawkman as the big three. And after COIE, WW was removed from the team's roster totally and not returned there until John Byrne put Hippolyta there. Diana didn't return until 2020. Like I sad, personal preference not supported by story.

Extraordinary Member

Agree with this.

Flash and Green Lantern are definitely the big 2. Then you could make an argument for a couple others. Hawkman is probably the most popular. Starman might be an interesting choice due to his son's long running series. Due to the 2000s book, Wildcat is a favorite of mine who I think gels with Jay and Alan's personality and adds some variety. To inject some diversity, you could make Shiera Hall the primary Hawk and have the Trinity be Flash, GL and Hawkwoman.

Extraordinary Member

It’s Jay, Alan and Carter.

But Ted Grant steps up when Carter is not around, but doesn’t mind to step down whenever Carter’s back

Dr Fate, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!