Default What happened to Superboy After Superboy Prime? (pre new 52)

hello guys,

Im trying to create a new video on superboy pre new 52 but couldnt remember what happened to him after superboy prime beats him to death.

From what I remember, the leagion of superheroes takes him to their time in the 31st century and with advanced medicine, they heal him. Please correct me if im wrong in this.

Also, what happens to him from that point onwards?

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Villain Decay finally set it and Prime got shat on by the Teen Titans. Prime's and his powers were always inconsistent. So it's fitting that Plot Induced Stupidity takes him down in Teen Titans 98-100. The story concluding in August 2011 right before DC launched the New 52 line at the end of August 2011.

thanks for the quick reply and those pictures. Do you remember what happened to superboy after he was apperently beaten to death by Prime? how did he heal himself?

Quote Originally Posted by Trevorhoang View Post
    thanks for the quick reply and those pictures. Do you remember what happened to superboy after he was apperently beaten to death by Prime? how did he heal himself?
    The Legion of Superheroes (Brainiac 5 and Starman) placed Conner's body in the same machine that was used to bring Superman back to life after his fight with Doomsday. Since Conner isn't full Kryptonian, the process took a lot longer for him to recover. This all happens in Final Crisis Legion of 3 Worlds 2008-2009.

Then he had a few issues in Adventure comics, a few of which tied into Blackest Night (there's a wacky part where he bursts into the offices of DC comics where they poke a little fun at themselves). I wasn't even aware of that Titans story, which would make it his final appearance. So he was last seen as a part of the source wall. Wonder if he's still there.

Quote Originally Posted by MykeHavoc View Post
    Then he had a few issues in Adventure comics, a few of which tied into Blackest Night (there's a wacky part where he bursts into the offices of DC comics where they poke a little fun at themselves). I wasn't even aware of that Titans story, which would make it his final appearance. So he was last seen as a part of the source wall. Wonder if he's still there.
    Probably not. Back in 2011, there an effort to tie the New 52verse to the previous verse (certain stories like TT, Justice League) would still be considered canon to New 52. but they decided to drop that idea, and make New 52 a clean break from the Post-COIE/Infinite Crisis/Final Crisis verse. None of those stories or crisis' ever happened in the New 52 verse. Thank god for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Char Aznable View Post
    The Legion of Superheroes (Brainiac 5 and Starman) placed Conner's body in the same machine that was used to bring Superman back to life after his fight with Doomsday. Since Conner isn't full Kryptonian, the process took a lot longer for him to recover. This all happens in Final Crisis Legion of 3 Worlds 2008-2009.
    im trying to find a picture that depicts superboy in the healing machine. I cant seem to figure out the right word to type into google to get this image. by chance do you have this image or know what to type into google to get it?

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

IIRC, you actually don't see it, it was just explained in dialogue.

Well you do see him burst from it (clothed and all) and beat Prime's ass. We also must remember his part in Sinestro Corps War, while effectively forgetting the stuff from Countdown. We really should compile a comprehensive timeline for him, His wiki is lacking.

As for everything being erased, notice how Prime always breaks the rules, even comic book logic. There's no reason for him not to show back up. I mean even if it was erased and he ended up back on Earth Prime with no memory, all it will take is for him to flip through the pages of Infinite Crisis, Sinestro Corps War, Legion of 3 Worlds etc. And it will all come back to him.

Fantastic Member AwesomeUsername's Avatar

From Adventure Comics #7, the Blackest Night tie-in.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MykeHavoc View Post
    Well you do see him burst from it (clothed and all) and beat Prime's ass. We also must remember his part in Sinestro Corps War, while effectively forgetting the stuff from Countdown. We really should compile a comprehensive timeline for him, His wiki is lacking.

As for everything being erased, notice how Prime always breaks the rules, even comic book logic. There's no reason for him not to show back up. I mean even if it was erased and he ended up back on Earth Prime with no memory, all it will take is for him to flip through the pages of Infinite Crisis, Sinestro Corps War, Legion of 3 Worlds etc. And it will all come back to him.
    As with our Earth, pre-52 back-issues will exist on Earth Prime...

Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeUsername View Post
    From Adventure Comics #7, the Blackest Night tie-in.

thanks for the image man. and thanks for the bit of info on superboy. finished the video and wanted to share it with you guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eIjmhkdCaA

if yt links arnt allowed then please take it down.

cheers