View Poll Results: Which do you prefer ZS Justice League or Infinity War/Endgame?

Voters
135. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zack Snyder’s Justice League

    18 13.33%
  • Avengers Infinity War-Endgame

    117 86.67%
Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 654
  1. #76
    Fantastic Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    487

    Default

    I voted for ZSJL for two primary reasons:

    DC characters are my preference and I was very invested in the #ReleaseTheSnyderCut movement, so I'm naturally biased


    However, this is not a good comparison at all. You're comparing a saga that was 20+ films and 10+ years in the making to...
    There are so many variables we can throw on the table to show this isn't a great "vs" matchup.

    I'm not saying ZSJL wasn't earned (that's an entirely different debate), but what I am saying is Infinity War and Endgame were earned and exist under very different circumstances than ZSJL.

  2. #77
    Astonishing Member Killerbee911's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    4,669

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    A fairer comparison would've been the first Avengers movie and the Snyder-cut. They're both starting out from similar points, there's pretty much the same number of heroic main characters and the plots have several similarities.
    Yup and Avengers imo does a better job of balancing the cast, telling a coherent story, has a better main villain, and generally has a better final act.

  3. #78
    Fantastic Member Jack The Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    407

    Default

    It never ends lmao. Snyder Cut should be compared to Avengers 2012 not IW or Endgame. Also, Avatar is the pinnacle of formulaic storytelling seeing as it is Pocahontas in space.

  4. #79
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    6,101

    Default

    Avatar could've been better if the Navi were the actual main characters

  5. #80
    Mighty Member Castle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    1,759

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Precisely.

    It's not worth the time or the data cost.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    Word of advice: DNFtT
    Wonder what I have said that counts as trolling? lol

    I really hope the mods see this and does something about this. People discuss logical film making and the art of movies getting called trolls for doing just that should not be the case here since it hurts a thread credibility.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    The difference between Avatar, Justice League and Endgame, is that Endgame invokes far more emotion, the actors give far better performances and the storylines compliment the characters far better.
    it is not fair or right that a fan of a series will tell another fan of another series that their movies don't have any emotions. as I said on the avatar box office record thread, this is the sole reason I don't do fan battles pov, instead I try to draw out as much art and craft objectively went into both series.

    Also given better performances is not really true either because the film style of Avatar was mostly motion caption, Motion Capture is maybe even more difficult than voice acting and we know how many actors have said voice work is even harder than just acting on screen,
    Other than that, yeah, nothin'.
    There is a difference. Avatar was all in James Cameron's mind. It’s a one man ship where he is the captain, crew member and first officer. if Avatar or Titanic had sunk, it was all on him. I don't feel the Russos had any of that pressure since the Russos just model and window dressed IW/Endgame for Dinsey. What James Cameron did with Avatar is how Snyder made The Snyder Cut. yes, there is a difference.
    Last edited by Castle; 04-07-2021 at 08:19 AM.

  6. #81
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Wonder what I have said that counts as trolling? lol
    It's your continual refusal to actually respond to what other people have said, in particular your insistence that the only reason people disliked BvS was because they expected it to be a Marvel movie

  7. #82
    Ultimate Member Kirby101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    13,812

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    It's your continual refusal to actually respond to what other people have said, in particular your insistence that the only reason people disliked BvS was because they expected it to be a Marvel movie
    It's more than that. They continue to say that fans of MCU are blind fanboys who cannot also like the DCCU and criticize the SCJL only because they want the MCU to "win". whatever that means.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

  8. #83
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    A fairer comparison would've been the first Avengers movie and the Snyder-cut. They're both starting out from similar points, there's pretty much the same number of heroic main characters and the plots have several similarities.

    Infinity War is just better in every regard compared to Justice League. It's has a better villain, more interesting action scenes, accomplishes an astonishing balancing act with it's like 20+ main characters (though Thanos is the true lead of the story) and has a much ballsier ending.

    And personally I just enjoyed Infinity War so much more. Snyder's version the Justice League is an improvement overall compared to the theatrical release, but it still left me feeling pretty cold at the end.
    This is correct. And Avengers did a much better job as a movie compared to ZSJL. And they somehow managed to make Hawkeye and Black Widow relevant and interesting despite none of the have a solo movie.
    Also speaking about epic shot: the circular shot with all the Avengers member ready for battle is so much satisfying than the pose strike by JL members at the end of that movie

  9. #84
    Ultimate Member Kirby101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    13,812

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam West View Post
    This is correct. And Avengers did a much better job as a movie compared to ZSJL. And they somehow managed to make Hawkeye and Black Widow relevant and interesting despite none of the have a solo movie.
    Also speaking about epic shot: the circular shot with all the Avengers member ready for battle is so much satisfying than the pose strike by JL members at the end of that movie
    And let's not forget them at the Shwarma shop!
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

  10. #85
    Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    675

    Default

    Snyder's Cut should be compared against Avengers(2012), because are more close as a theme(assemply story against an alien invasion). If we do that comparison, JL:SC is way better that Avengers(2012). While both films have a basic and common plot, i appreciate that Snyder build Justice League as the second coming of mythical heroes and it has a lot of influence from Tolkin,especially the battle of all the races of Earth vs Darkseid. Also, Snyder's Steppenwolf works better in comparison to Whedon's Loki as an antagonist.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

    Previously known as Nefarius

  11. #86
    Mighty Member Castle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    1,759

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Master Planner View Post
    Snyder's Cut should be compared against Avengers(2012), because are more close as a theme(assemply story against an alien invasion). If we do that comparison, JL:SC is way better that Avengers(2012). While both films have a basic and common plot, i appreciate that Snyder build Justice League as the second coming of mythical heroes and it has a lot of influence from Tolkin,especially the battle of all the races of Earth vs Darkseid. Also, Snyder's Steppenwolf works better in comparison to Whedon's Loki as an antagonist.
    Yes. it is very J RR Tolkien Lord of the rings, the scene where the race of Atlantis, daughters of Themyscira and Humans fight against Darkseid army to protect the mother boxes. It was highly and very well influenced by Lord of the rings fellowship of the rings opening scene where we see the race of Men, Dwarfs and Elves fight against Saron and his army That to me has now become a land mark moment for comic book film making. a comic film that has reached Lord of the rings visual level, is no small feat

    Anyone who has seen the cut, Chapter 2: the Age of Heroes, when Diana narrates the story to Bruce will see the resemblance to this film.



    I already said, in my second post that, the Snyder cut movie's visuals and story telling were Peter Jackson Lord of the Rings good. Nice to see another person confirm this. What I hope now is for the future of comic movies to move on from standard CGI that look more like theme parks and video games.

    The Snyder Cut has given us that hope. this is good for the film making comic genre in general, especially for those that prefer the high fantasy type of comic films to the super grounded types of Logan or The Dark Knight.
    Last edited by Castle; 04-07-2021 at 12:23 PM.

  12. #87
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    6,101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Master Planner View Post
    Snyder's Cut should be compared against Avengers(2012), because are more close as a theme(assemply story against an alien invasion). If we do that comparison, JL:SC is way better that Avengers(2012). While both films have a basic and common plot, i appreciate that Snyder build Justice League as the second coming of mythical heroes and it has a lot of influence from Tolkin,especially the battle of all the races of Earth vs Darkseid. Also, Snyder's Steppenwolf works better in comparison to Whedon's Loki as an antagonist.
    I disagree on Steppenwolf. With Loki we actually saw more of his motivations and his connection to Thor. Plus his powers are more distinct than Steppenwolf's, and Hiddleston's acting shines through better.

  13. #88
    The Nature Boy AnakinFlair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Saint Ann, MO
    Posts
    3,339

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Infinity War Endgame.
    The slow burn of getting there, the world building, the character development...I cared about what was going on and what was happening to the characters because Marvel took the time to make it possible.
    They didn’t just throw everything in a blender and pour out a mish mash of feats, one liners and a villain that had pretty much zero build up to establish his credibility.
    I don't think it's a fair comparison. That being said, I think you are spot on in your assessment. I liked the visual of Steppenwolf (and Darkseid), but I didn't have the emotional connection to them that I had to Thanos. I knew Thanos was a threat because he had been built up ever since Avengers 1. I knew Darkseid was a threat because I read DC comics.

  14. #89
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,553

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I disagree on Steppenwolf. With Loki we actually saw more of his motivations and his connection to Thor. Plus his powers are more distinct than Steppenwolf's, and Hiddleston's acting shines through better.
    Loki also got to interact in meaningful ways with each and every other member of the main cast.

    Steppenwolf antagonized Wonder Woman a bit and that was pretty much it.

  15. #90
    Niffleheim
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    7,557

    Default

    They are not comparable.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •