View Poll Results: Which do you prefer ZS Justice League or Infinity War/Endgame?

Voters
137. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zack Snyder’s Justice League

    18 13.14%
  • Avengers Infinity War-Endgame

    119 86.86%
Page 17 of 45 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 255 of 666
  1. #241
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    As for Wonder Woman been R rated bloody. I disagree with that, Wonder Woman has acted bloody many times, here is one good example

    [/B]
    Using an alternate version of WW from a timeline that is inherently darker and bleaker isn't really a good example. That's a version of the character that we don't want to see.

  2. #242
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,563

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Deleted scenes. LOL That never made it into the film. maybe we should talk about what made it into the film.



    This Darkesied looks better than the Purple Thanos. If James Cameron or Peter Jackson was here, high chance they would say the same thing. lol

    Another thing, that makes it look better is that Snyder nailed the cinematography of the JL Cut, which made it nicer for Darkseid's appearance to blend into the movie very well, giving it the high fantasy vibe, MCU has never had the best cinematography in their films, reason Thanos appearance looks even more like a video game with no shred of realism.
    Black and brown is realism! In a movie about evil alien overlords.

  3. #243
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    3,049

    Default

    ... why do we care about the lack of realism in something that has a high fantasy vibe again?

  4. #244
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,563

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    ... why do we care about the lack of realism in something that has a high fantasy vibe again?
    Because there is a nit to be picked?

    Frankly, Thanos looked convincing enough.

    And what Thanos has, that Darkseid does not, mattered more.

    When he first showed up, Thanos carried an air of menace. Both the stinger and in Guardians, he was treated as a bad ass who was not to be messed with even though he did virtually nothing.

    In Justice League, Darkseid gets his butt kicked in a flashback story, and flees bleeding and near death, before humanity built the first gun. As first impressions go, it's not a great one.

    And when it came to brass tacks, Thanos had depth. I never much cared about Thanos' CGI, because he was engaging as a character.

  5. #245
    Mighty Member Castle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    1,867

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Yeah, no.

    Thanos looked like 100 times better than Darkseid, even when he's interacting with people that are actually there. Darkseid and his crew look a high budget video game cut scene. Which isn't to say that they look bad or anything. But Thanos just looks so much better in his movies.

    And stop trying to claim that other directors would be impressed or not. Unless they say that they're impressed or not with something we don't know what their opinions are.
    Nah, I highly respectfully disagree. if Thanos looked better than darkseid, I will say it I don't lie about art of films if we are asked to be objective. to the contrary , I think Thanos was maybe the last straw many people like Scorsese and James Cameron had with comic films.

    I am searching youtube videos to even get a clear HD clip of thanos, this is the best I could find



    I am sorry but I cannot in good faith say, this looks better than Darkseid, the cinematography makes it pretty clear, why is Endgame so dour and bland with mixed colours? Why did Thanos now have to be cgi purple on top of all of that? yes, that is the comics, he is purple, but the film should have scaled back. Snyder did things better as a film maker because he took the comics and the real world of filming into account. this is not about fan wars, I am sick of it.

    And stop trying to claim that other directors would be impressed or not. Unless they say that they're impressed or not with something we don't know what their opinions are
    I have to mention other films, to prove my point and show I am not biased. this is what makes the discussion more credible, than marvel is bad, DC is good and DC is good and Marvel is bad.

    Peter Jackson Lord of the Rings, was already a VFX achievement before any MCU or DCU movie was made, that matters now in looking at this films. I may not know their opinions but I know their films to make an opinion.

    JL Cut was a complete growth from Snyder's 300, a film even James Cameron and other have praised in the past.
    Last edited by Castle; 04-15-2021 at 05:07 AM.

  6. #246
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    731

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Nah, I highly respectfully disagree. if Thanos looked better than darkseid, I will say it I don't lie about art of films. to the contary , I think Thanos was maybe the last straw many people like Scorsese and James Cameron had with comic films that they started to come after.

    I am searching youtube videos to even get a clear HD clip of thanos, this is the best I could find



    I am sorry but I cannot in good faith say, this looks better than Darkseid, the cinematography makes it pretty clear, why is Endgame so dour and bland with mixed colours? Why did Thanos now have to be cgi purple in all of that? yes, that is the comics, but the film should have scaled back. Snyder did things better as a film maker because he took the comics and the real world of filming into account. this is not about fan wars, I am sick of it.



    I have to mention other films, to prove my point and show I am not biased.. this is what makes the discussion more credible, than marvel is bad, DC is good and DC is good and Marvel is bad.

    Peter Jackson Lord of the Rings, was already a VFX achievement before any MCU or DCU movie was made, that matters now in looking at this film. I may not know their opinons but I know their films to make an opinion.
    "I don't lie about art of films. to the contary , "
    "cannot in good faith say, this looks better than Darkseid,"
    " but the film should have scaled back" Why?
    "he took the comics and the real world of filming into account" Once again you make so sense.
    "I may not know their opinons but I know their films to make an opinion." So what you really mean is "to make up their opinion" and try to sell that as fact.
    Last edited by lowfyr; 04-15-2021 at 05:12 AM.

  7. #247
    Mighty Member Castle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    1,867

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Using an alternate version of WW from a timeline that is inherently darker and bleaker isn't really a good example. That's a version of the character that we don't want to see.


    When gods fights in any reality. it is bloody and violent. I am sure Joss Whedon the director of Avengers know this because Buffy fought Glory , who was a god.

  8. #248
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post


    When gods fights in any reality. it is bloody and violent. I am sure Joss Whedon the director of Avengers know this because Buffy fought Glory , who was a god.
    When gods fight it can be as bloody or as non-bloody as the people making the movie/comic/series wants it to be.

    Gods don't exist so you can make their fights into anything you want them to be.

  9. #249
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    6,681

    Default

    Why would anyone think "bloody and violent" is automatically mature? Adults also have to think about the consequences of their actions. So always defaulting to brutality doesn't seem very adult to me

  10. #250
    My Face Is Up Here Powerboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,562

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Why would anyone think "bloody and violent" is automatically mature? Adults also have to think about the consequences of their actions. So always defaulting to brutality doesn't seem very adult to me
    I think it depends on what story you want to tell.

    Back in the 1970s and before, it was a standard of comics that, say, the Hulk rampages through a small town or city block. Buildings collapse but not one person is killed or permanently crippled. But the main point was to have some action and a certain amount of realism.

    Even in the Hulk television show, which was on a very toned down power level, people joked how lucky it was that nobody was ever on the other side of a brick wall when the Hulk smashed through it.

    If the main point of the story is to deal with the aftermath of an event like that, superhero movie as disaster movie, then they should emphasize the realism. If that's not the main point, then no.
    Power with Girl is better.

  11. #251
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    3,049

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I think it depends on what story you want to tell.

    Back in the 1970s and before, it was a standard of comics that, say, the Hulk rampages through a small town or city block. Buildings collapse but not one person is killed or permanently crippled. But the main point was to have some action and a certain amount of realism.

    Even in the Hulk television show, which was on a very toned down power level, people joked how lucky it was that nobody was ever on the other side of a brick wall when the Hulk smashed through it.

    If the main point of the story is to deal with the aftermath of an event like that, superhero movie as disaster movie, then they should emphasize the realism. If that's not the main point, then no.
    But... you can tell that story without defaulting to bloody and violent. Actually seeing the deaths in excruciating detail doesn’t enhance a story that’s focused on the aftermath of an event like that.

    You can still do realism without focusing on blood and gore.

  12. #252
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    6,681

    Default

    I do think they should be willing to show some blood and gore. I'm not a fan of Silver Age "everything is ok anyway" storytelling. Plus, if they don't want to show blood, don't tell a story requiring it.

    However, IMO there's a difference between showing a character bleeding from a wound, and getting their head chopped off. Realism doesn't need to mean characters intentionally act brutally

  13. #253
    Extraordinary Member WebLurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    8,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post


    When gods fights in any reality. it is bloody and violent. I am sure Joss Whedon the director of Avengers know this because Buffy fought Glory , who was a god.
    Oh, what do you know; a scene from a movie that doesn't prove your point. (Tip; the excessive violence in that climax was to a narrative end; specifically how far Wonder Woman would go to save someone. The Snyderverse movies use excessive violence just because Snyder thinks it's cool and mature -- which is the exact opposite of mature storytelling, but who's keeping count?)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

  14. #254
    Fantastic Member Hol's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Idk if I'd say the worst of MCU is better than the best of the DCEU. But Marvel generally is better
    I haven't enjoyed any DCEU movies at all. Or a DC film since the Dark Knight Rises.

  15. #255
    Fantastic Member Hol's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Eh, I'd still say at the very least the Snyder Cut was better than AoU. I'd also rank WW, Aquaman, BOP and Shazam higher than any of the phase 1 Marvel films save Iron Man and some of the ones beyond.
    To each their own...but I have no desire to re-watch any DCEU movie that's come out so far. And I have re-watched (many times) all the MCU movies except Black Panther.

    God I would say Superman Returns and Green Lantern are better than any DCEU movie. At least those captured the spirit of the characters.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •