View Poll Results: Which do you prefer ZS Justice League or Infinity War/Endgame?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zack Snyder’s Justice League

14 12.73%
  • Avengers Infinity War-Endgame

96 87.27%
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212728293031
    Incredible Member Bunch of Coconuts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Castle's views are so objective that they transcend life and death. We mere mortals would never understand.
    You’re not allowed to tell jokes here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    Ignoring the obvious resurrection problem here, it’s obvious you have a bias here because if someone bought up say Peter Bradshaw’s review of Endgame, or any other number of Endgame reviews supporting it, you would say that professional critics are not reliable as they just want Disney movies. I’ve seen it happen.

And if Scorsese didn’t direct Joker for the sole reason that “it turns into a comic book character at the end” I promise you Scorsese would not care for Justice League. At all.
    It's actually an incredible achivement to get PB to give a superhero film anything other than his obligatory 3 stars, in either direction. I'm still wondering what the hell was in his drink the day he wrote his breathless review of Michael Mann's unusually dull and turgid Miami Vice though.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I finally understood and quit trying to deal with him
    You guys really need to use the ignore the function.

Unfortunately it's the best way to deal with trolls.
    Black Lives Matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    I probably wonÂ’t be replying after this, so hereÂ’s the last thing IÂ’ll say - you havenÂ’t been objective. All the arguments youÂ’ve put in are based on subjectivity and moving goalposts. Thanos and Gollum are entirely different designs and not similar in any way, so their comparison is moot - their movements, expressions, and physicalities are polar opposites. Not to mention that it has nothing to do with the discussion which was to do with Thanos and Darkseid. You said Darkseid was objectively better from a VFX viewpoint but you havenÂ’t proven that, youÂ’ve just turned it into comparing MCU effects (which I said were a mixed bag overall anyway) with other franchises not pertinent to the topic.

their movements, expressions, and physicalities are polar opposites. Not to mention that it has nothing to do with the discussion which was to do with Thanos and Darkseid. You said Darkseid was objectively better from a VFX viewpoint but you havenÂ’t proven that, youÂ’ve just turned it into comparing MCU effects (which I said were a mixed bag overall anyway) with other franchises not pertinent to the topic.

Now it felt as if the goal post is been moved, On films, Thanos could have moved like Gollum because it is about the best of what VFX can offer on film. this is been objective. it is subjective to say, they are not alike because you are a thanos fan. I am going with no, because they are both CGI non human looking characters. You can still use the vfx of gollum with thanos, MCU just does not want to push their film making that far because they cannot go beyond their formula. this is proven again when they killed off their own Quicksilver because they did not want to compete with VFX masterpiece of the DOFP Quicksilver use of his speed powers.

I have already talked until I was blue in the face about darkseid, Yes, I said Darkseid looks better from an objective point and I proved it but felt like it got ignored. objectively I spoke about Darkseid's design, he is brown in the movies not purple like the comics because purple automatically makes him look more catoonish on film and that is not really a good thing. mostly for comic movies that already have a bad stereotype as being nothing more but live action animation.

the distinctive VFX of Snyder that gives the movie its own unique style vs the cooperate made mass manufactured film making style of thanos and the Cinematography. those 3 factors made darkseid look better than thanos. if this was film school. this would all count as objective reasons. this is why it all went back to lord of the rings when I said, Darksied looked like an ORC and the Cut was more high fantasy film than a comic bookie movie. those were all objective points because I was judging both Darksied and Thanos against what is objectively considered the gold standard of VFX in the 21st century film that is Lord of the Rings.
    (which I said were a mixed bag overall anyway) with other franchises not pertinent to the topic.

The Snyder Cut is pertinent to this topic and it is not part of the MCU franchise. Even if I was to ignore the snyder cut, marvel comic book films from 20 years ago X2/Spiderman 2 still had far less cartoonish VFX than IW/EANDGAME. It is really not about MCU, it is about film and Snyder got this inside clue. he always got it, that is why he was so hated in the mainstream. MCU IW/Endgame has never really gotten it. please watch the trailer of Shing CHI. it is almost the exact same trailer as Captain Marvel, No DC movie looks like the Snyder Cut. this objective uniqueness of the Snyder Cut that is done in a good light gives it way more objective film substance than IW/Endgame.
    Last edited by Castle; Today at 05:12 AM.

You know when a kid learns a new word and tries to use it in every conversation because they think it makes them sound smart even though they're using it wrong 90% of the time?

Dude just used "objective" (or a variation of it) 8 times in one reply.
    Last Read: Vinland Saga vol. 8

Monthly Pull List: Action Comics, Batman/Catwoman, Batman/Superman, Daredevil, The Flash, Iron Fist: Heart of the Dragon Legion of Superheroes, Runaways, Strange Adventures, Superman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    You guys really need to use the ignore the function.

Unfortunately it's the best way to deal with trolls.
    I don't really like ignoring people, but I think you might be right