View Poll Results: Which do you prefer ZS Justice League or Infinity War/Endgame?

Voters
140. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zack Snyder’s Justice League

19 13.57%
  • Avengers Infinity War-Endgame

121 86.43%
Page 28 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    As I said above there is no incling that he forgot, he either couldn't locate the earth again because the motherboxes were silent and since the boxes called to Steppenwolf(persona non Grata) Darkseid got second hand information that earth was back on the menu..The why is not too important it could be that Steppenwolf got the message first because he was nearer to our star system and Darkseid got it later or indeed the AL was cloaked.. "Can it be true that you have found it?" Does not scream 'Darn I forgot earth had the AL' but more like 'I looked there and didn't see it,are you sure you did?'
    But they left on ships. The didn't have any navigational logs he could use to backtrack?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    I think it has more to do with the fact that Steppenwolf was able to determine the ALE was there by seeing the same symbol Darkseid saw.
    I looked at both symbols in the film and they were not identical symbols the layout of designs was similar but they were not identical.Anyway if the AL was cloaked somehow during the first invasion Darkseid would look elsewhere.For those who take earth as the only planet that fought back, that is not supported in film, earth is not mentioned as the only world to beat back the invasion.Oa may well have, Krypton in the ship archives knew that Apokalips was hostile so it stands to reason from Steppenwolf mentioning Kryptonian that the two planets or civilisations knew of or maybe even faced each other.So earth being Darkseid's target for defiance is not substantiated, but for the fact that it has the AL

Astonishing Member

But they left on ships. The didn't have any navigational logs he could use to backtrack?
    Maybe the motherboxes are the best way to hone in on the essence of AL, so if it is AL that is the guiding force then yes even other gadgets are just looking for a needle in a haystack.In the vastness of galactic distances,for me it is plausible to get lost. Hell people in 16th century still got lost or veered off course without compasses, why would it be different for Apokalips? Especially if he has turned 100,000 world's to dust.100,000 earth like planets is no mean feat.Out of all the victories only one defeat? He definitely used motherboxes to scorch them so they are marked as 'checked' ,but if there are another 10,000 earths in the universe let's say all invaded with no boxes to mark them, how would he know earth from them?
    Last edited by Rev9; 04-19-2021 at 06:58 AM.

Maybe the motherboxes are the best way to hone in on the essence of AL, so if it is AL that is the guiding force then yes even other gadgets are just looking for a needle in a haystack.In the vastness of galactic distances,for me it is plausible to get lost. Hell people in 16th century still got lost or veered off course without compasses, why would it be different for Apokalips? Especially if he has turned 100,000 world's to dust.100,000 earth like planets is no mean feat.Out of all the victories only one defeat? He definitely used motherboxes to scorch them so they are marked as 'checked' ,but if there are another 10,000 earths in the universe let's say all invaded with no boxes to mark them, how would he know earth from them?
    Comparing 16th century tech to that of a New God seems like pretty faulty logic to me. And yes, I'd think that with so many victories, to someone like Darkseid his one defeat would DEFINITELY stand out. Especially if it's where he knows the ALE is at. That's a blemish on an otherwise perfect record and for someone with Seid's ego, that would be intolerable and very memorable, imo.

Ultimate Member

Man, how useless are the Green Lanterns if they only stopped Darkseid on one stinking planet?

Ultimate Member

As I said above there is no incling that he forgot, he either couldn't locate the earth again because the motherboxes were silent and since the boxes called to Steppenwolf(persona non Grata) Darkseid got second hand information that earth was back on the menu..The why is not too important it could be that Steppenwolf got the message first because he was nearer to our star system and Darkseid got it later or indeed the AL was cloaked.. "Can it be true that you have found it?" Does not scream 'Darn I forgot earth had the AL' but more like 'I looked there and didn't see it,are you sure you did?'
    I guess that doesn't make sense to me because didn't he go there in the first place? Desaad said the tale of his defeat was well known, and Darkseid is a powerful and intelligent being. Why wouldn't he keep a record of it?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Man, how useless are the Green Lanterns if they only stopped Darkseid on one stinking planet?
    Are you kidding! Green Lanterns don't even belong in a Justice League movie!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I guess that doesn't make sense to me because didn't he go there in the first place? Desaad said the tale of his defeat was well known, and Darkseid is a powerful and intelligent being. Why wouldn't he keep a record of it?

Are you kidding! Green Lanterns don't even belong in a Justice League movie!
    Yes it is well known ,but it is not mentioned by Darkseid as the only defiance.If he communicated to SW and still had a burning ire about earth's defiance he would have mentioned it.He simply told SW if he wanted back in the fold the earth just like the other 100,000 should be dust and then he will come for the prize.If he wanted to come to earth just because of the defeat.He would have,but to him AL is all that matters.There is nowhere in film stating earth was the only planet to defy him.Well known could be because he thought he had located AL back in the day(denied the great prize=ALE not earth which is just one out of countless scores he's been too)If earth was unique for its defiance he would say so or if he is too arrogant to admit ,either Desaad or Stepenwolf would mention it as the only world that defied him.

Astonishing Member

Comparing 16th century tech to that of a New God seems like pretty faulty logic to me. And yes, I'd think that with so many victories, to someone like Darkseid his one defeat would DEFINITELY stand out. Especially if it's where he knows the ALE is at. That's a blemish on an otherwise perfect record and for someone with Seid's ego, that would be intolerable and very memorable, imo.
    Obviously I am narrowing the analogy to earth, but assuming 50,000 worlds are as advanced as Krypton and say 10,000 as advanced as Apocalips then the numbers still compound the problem .It's not about earth being backward, even if it is the only backward planet, the advanced technology may mean nothing in the vastness of space among countless peers.We don't even know what the AL manifests on their instruments ,is it constant? Cyclical pulses that have god knows what interval? Does it mess with the tracking instruments? In absence of facts I wouldn't want to put human expectation of blackboxes to fit interstellar spaceships just the same way you don't want to compare a 16 th century compass to a motherbox

Ultimate Member

Over 50K worlds due.

Did Snyder want to top 'Over 9,000'?

Ultimate Member

Yes it is well known ,but it is not mentioned by Darkseid as the only defiance.If he communicated to SW and still had a burning ire about earth's defiance he would have mentioned it.He simply told SW if he wanted back in the fold the earth just like the other 100,000 should be dust and then he will come for the prize.If he wanted to come to earth just because of the defeat.He would have,but to him AL is all that matters.There is nowhere in film stating earth was the only planet to defy him.Well known could be because he thought he had located AL back in the day(denied the great prize=ALE not earth which is just one out of countless scores he's been too)If earth was unique for its defiance he would say so or if he is too arrogant to admit ,either Desaad or Stepenwolf would mention it as the only world that defied him.
    I still don't buy Darkseid forgetting what and where Earth is

Astonishing Member

I still don't buy Darkseid forgetting what and where Earth is
    My argument is he didn't forget, but without the motherboxes to guide him, couldn't find earth. If it's easier to imagine he forgot have at it.I reason he couldn't find his way to earth without the motherboxes.Desaad even clues us in 'Now that the motherboxes have been destroyed, how will you retrieve your great prize?' Why would he say that if the boxes were not key to navigation?
    Last edited by Rev9; 04-19-2021 at 08:08 AM.

Ultimate Member

My argument is he didn't forget, but without the motherboxes to guide him, couldn't find earth. If it's easier to imagine he forgot have at it.I reason he couldn't find his way to earth without the motherboxes.Desaad even clues us in 'Now that the motherboxes have been destroyed, how will you retrieve your great prize?' Why would he say that if the boxes were not key to navigation?
    If they needed the boxes for navigation, how did conquer so many worlds?

Astonishing Member

If they needed the boxes for navigation, how did conquer so many worlds?
    The boxes were for locating anti life and terra forming into Apokalips like environment , so the 100,000 turned to dust could be world's terafformed before invading earth.It doesn't mean he stopped conquering worlds without the boxes, maybe he just didn't terraform them ,but exterminated the population regardless so the figurative use of 'turned to dust'.
    Last edited by Rev9; 04-19-2021 at 08:35 AM.

Ultimate Member

The boxes were for locating anti life and terra forming into Apokalips like environment , so the 100,000 turned to dust could be world's terafformed before invading earth.It doesn't mean he stopped conquering worlds without the boxes, maybe he just didn't terraform them ,but exterminated the population regardless so the figurative use of 'turned to dust'.
    Ok, but if he could find those other planets, how can he not re-find Earth?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    1/2
    - MCU and DCU are not comparable on VFX, to be honest this one is just a lie because Snyder's VFX are notoriously known for been nothing like we have ever seen. Even those that hate Snyder, will say he is a good unique visual film maker, they are not comparable at all. they are as different as salt and sugar.

-The argument for substance is 100% subjective and an argument used only by fans using agape love. While many people can connect to IW/Endgame or even black panther, it does not erase the strong objective POV that that movies VFX range from generic to terrible with nothing ground breaking.

-Lion King came out in 1994. the Disney of 1994 is not the Disney of 2021. I think it is more fair to compare Lion King 2019 to IW/Endgame.

-While you may think it is a good thing that Gravity and GOTG are different, this narrative completely falls apart when arguing the art of cinema because Gravity has the edge as it is a better artistic movie by miles. one of the reason been, Cauron explored science fiction/fantasy beyond the range of selling toys and going to cinema to have fun. that is what comic films should be aspiring to be.

-https://www.slashfilm.com/vfx-artists-react-to-star-wars-prequels-vfx/
    Lucas lost eye on the creativity. the final straw was the 3rd arc of the attack of the clone war battle, when the jedis come to rescue Anakin, Padme and Obiwan. it is completely awful with bad bad that looked very fake. the movie is really shinny and over the top with green screen for no reason. Lucas is a master of visuals, yes. but many masters can overstay their time, Ask Peter Jackson and his Lord of the Rings prequels.

-I am not going to reharsh Avatar vs Endgame again. Avatar is a superior masterful of a VFX movie to Endgame and I am grading around that curve. the feeling about Snyder characters is more prone to MCU vs DCU than objective story telling. I see this all time. How some MCU fans keep saying DC characters or fox characters were flat, yet they ignore how one dimensional even the leading mcu characters are because MCU story telling is limited and cannot offer much beyond turning many characters to jokes

-I have to take this back to been objective with Thanos. fans have every right to say people were invested in thanos or the wolf pack from Twilight. however this is not what I am arguing for or against. I am arguing more about the craft of VFX that this two series lacked.

-Read Roger Egbert's review of the Snyder Cut. he said if Scorsese was to watch the cut he would change his mind about comic book films. that been said, Spielberg is entitled to his opinions as I considered him the greatest film maker of all time. Chris Nolan also said he is a fan of the fast and furious saga. nothing wrong with Great directors liking some cooperate made movies that dont extend the minds beyond fun.

However as for GOTG. I will much rather prefer James Cameron or Chris Nolan opinions on the film. their criticism or dislike was more high intellectual reasons than fuzzy reason to like the movie unlike Spielberg. There is also the reason why Spielberg is known in hollywood as still...the big kid. Nothing wrong with that, but best Spielberg is Saving Private Ryan.

Though I am force to wonder. if all these directors had to choose like us between IW/Endgame and The Snyder Cut. I don't see them going for IW/Endgame.
    Last edited by Castle; 04-19-2021 at 09:52 AM.