View Poll Results: Which do you prefer ZS Justice League or Infinity War/Endgame?

Voters
140. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zack Snyder’s Justice League

19 13.57%
  • Avengers Infinity War-Endgame

121 86.43%
Page 1 of 45 1234511 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Which do you prefer Zack Snyder’s Justice League or Infinity War-Endgame?

I’m not trying to have a DC vs Marcel thread but I’m curious which one you prefer and how they compare. Also I consider IW and Endgame to be one movie which is why I’m limping them together. Plus that makes Infinity Game almost 6 hours long so it is pretty comparable to the Snyder cut. I want to say I love both but I just like comparing movies

Ultimately when it comes down to it I just gotta go with Zack Snyder’s Justice League. As great as Infinity Game was, the Snyder Cut just turns everything up to 11. The thing I love the most about Snyder’s superhero movies is how godlike everyone is. The action is just amazing and unbelievable. It also has one of the greatest scenes in comic book movies. It just feels so much like a graphic novel come to life. Never would I have imagined Endgame being topped but someone Zack did it.

What do you guys think?

Incredible Member

I would say that IW is a more fair one on one comparison because ZSJL is technically the first part of a 3 part JL movie.

If I consider the culmination of films beforehand then I think IW is stronger (22 prior films vs 2). However if I let each film stand on its own then I think ZSJL is much stronger due to storyline, visuals, and structure. It really depends on what aspects a person looks at for their comparisons.

Ultimate Member

It might be unfair to compare both IW and EG to JL.

But MCU in this case. Those two films had heroes I care about, with funny and sad scenes, and based on a decade of development. Their interactions were very entertaining. Thanos was a better villain than Steppenwolf, and the fight scenes were more creative and used different kinds of powers. And they both had actual color.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    It might be unfair to compare both IW and EG to JL.

But MCU in this case. Those two films had heroes I care about, with funny and sad scenes, and based on a decade of development. Their interactions were very entertaining. Thanos was a better villain than Steppenwolf, and the fight scenes were more creative and used different kinds of powers. And they both had actual color.
    I personally disagree. I think Stepphenwolf’s character was just as good but was also more intimidating. I also disagree that having more movies made infinity war better especially when half the characters weren’t that well written to begin with. Like vision and Wanda were only in what 3 or 4 mcu movies prior to infinity war?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi2001 View Post
    I personally disagree. I think Stepphenwolf’s character was just as good but was also more intimidating. I also disagree that having more movies made infinity war better especially when half the characters weren’t that well written to begin with. Like vision and Wanda were only in what 3 or 4 mcu movies prior to infinity war?
    Vision and Scarlet Witch had more humanity in IW than Superman did in BvS and JL together IMO. I agree their romance wasn't properly built up. But individually they actually showed more characterization than Superman

And Steppenwolf was rather underwhelming to me. Thanos has emotional connections to other characters and interesting powers with the Gauntlet

Incredible Member

Vision and Scarlet Witch had more humanity in IW than Superman did in BvS and JL together IMO. I agree their romance wasn't properly built up. But individually they actually showed more characterization than Superman

And Steppenwolf was rather underwhelming to me. Thanos has emotional connections to other characters and interesting powers with the Gauntlet
    Well I completely disagree with that assessment. Superman had a ton of characterization over MoS and BvS. Him remembering his life on the farm was absolutely beautiful. Did Wanda or vision ever cry over someone who tried to kill them?

I agree the gauntlet was a lot cooler but I still prefer Stepphenwolf because his motives are much more clear and sympathetic

BANNED

Infinity War had a villain with depth, someone whose motivations you could almost understand and agree with. Steppenwolf was just grist for heroes to beat up on. Darkseid was indistinguishable from SW in that regard.

Ultimate Member

Well I completely disagree with that assessment. Superman had a ton of characterization over MoS and BvS. Him remembering his life on the farm was absolutely beautiful. Did Wanda or vision ever cry over someone who tried to kill them?

I agree the gauntlet was a lot cooler but I still prefer Stepphenwolf because his motives are much more clear and sympathetic
    Wanda cried over having to kill Vision. I agree Superman had good character development in MoS but he barely had any in BvS.

Steppenwolf was barely a character to me. He had some motivation to return home and redeem himself. But Thanos had an insane plan to "save" half yhe universe and sacrificed the one person he loved ro do it. And he temporarily won. Plus his dialogue is more memorable IMO

Ultimate Member

Not really a fair comparison. Infinity War/Endgame is about the end of a story, and Justice League is about the start.

That said, I do appreciate that Avengers held back with Thanos, leaving him for the stinger, while Justice League went with Darksied from the beginning, and poorly, IMO.

JLSC over endgame but IW over JLSC I guess?

I would say the only Avengers movie that is worse than JL is Ultron but Wandavision has made that movie revistable again for me.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Infinity War Endgame.
    The slow burn of getting there, the world building, the character development...I cared about what was going on and what was happening to the characters because Marvel took the time to make it possible.
    They didn’t just throw everything in a blender and pour out a mish mash of feats, one liners and a villain that had pretty much zero build up to establish his credibility.

I’m not trying to have a DC vs Marcel thread but I’m curious which one you prefer and how they compare. Also I consider IW and Endgame to be one movie which is why I’m limping them together. Plus that makes Infinity Game almost 6 hours long so it is pretty comparable to the Snyder cut. I want to say I love both but I just like comparing movies

Ultimately when it comes down to it I just gotta go with Zack Snyder’s Justice League. As great as Infinity Game was, the Snyder Cut just turns everything up to 11. The thing I love the most about Snyder’s superhero movies is how godlike everyone is. The action is just amazing and unbelievable. It also has one of the greatest scenes in comic book movies. It just feels so much like a graphic novel come to life. Never would I have imagined Endgame being topped but someone Zack did it.

What do you guys think?
    It's not even a contest. Endgame is the finale and accumulation of 22 movies in a series. JLSC, for all it's positives, is still the accumulation of two previous movies that were rushed into production.
    Power with Girl is better.

Incredible Member

what a ridiculous poll other than snother thinly veiled attempt to justify the so-called snyderverse.

Incredible Member

Wanda cried over having to kill Vision. I agree Superman had good character development in MoS but he barely had any in BvS.

Steppenwolf was barely a character to me. He had some motivation to return home and redeem himself. But Thanos had an insane plan to "save" half yhe universe and sacrificed the one person he loved ro do it. And he temporarily won. Plus his dialogue is more memorable IMO
    Did vision try to commit genocide on her people?

And Thanos couldn’t just triple or quadruple the resources because? Also that plan involved killing animal and plant life which counts as a resource. Maybe he should’ve thought his plan through better