View Poll Results: Which do you prefer ZS Justice League or Infinity War/Endgame?

Voters
140. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zack Snyder’s Justice League

19 13.57%
  • Avengers Infinity War-Endgame

121 86.43%
Page 18 of 45 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    God I would say Superman Returns and Green Lantern are better than any DCEU movie. At least those captured the spirit of the characters.
    I have watched Green Lantern several times. It's got some fun superhero-y bits to it, and isn't terribly self-important or dour, but has a hopeful vibe to it. I find it re-watchable, which is more than I can say for the Nolan Bat-trilogy, or the various Snyder offerings which feel less fun for me. Since I was a kid, back in the early Cretaceous, comic book superheroes were about fantasy wish fulfillment and idealism and unrealistic hopes and dreams and all that. I liked the characters who really seemed to *like* being a superhero and enjoyed their powers, just as I imagine that *I* would love being able to fly.

Anyone who can do all sorts of cool stuff (or is 'just' a billionaire with a great body!), and is still a miserable sourpuss just seems ungrateful to me.

Ultimate Member

I haven't enjoyed any DCEU movies at all. Or a DC film since the Dark Knight Rises.
    To each their own...but I have no desire to re-watch any DCEU movie that's come out so far. And I have re-watched (many times) all the MCU movies except Black Panther.

God I would say Superman Returns and Green Lantern are better than any DCEU movie. At least those captured the spirit of the characters.
    Superman Returns was so boring though, and it made Clark into a deadbeat stalker. I'd say WW was better than either.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I have watched Green Lantern several times. It's got some fun superhero-y bits to it, and isn't terribly self-important or dour, but has a hopeful vibe to it. I find it re-watchable, which is more than I can say for the Nolan Bat-trilogy, or the various Snyder offerings which feel less fun for me. Since I was a kid, back in the early Cretaceous, comic book superheroes were about fantasy wish fulfillment and idealism and unrealistic hopes and dreams and all that. I liked the characters who really seemed to *like* being a superhero and enjoyed their powers, just as I imagine that *I* would love being able to fly.

Anyone who can do all sorts of cool stuff (or is 'just' a billionaire with a great body!), and is still a miserable sourpuss just seems ungrateful to me.
    Yeah, I don't think Bruce needs to be sad all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    I don't think Wonder Woman was negated by the sequel, that is like saying Iron Man was negated by his sequels, so everything that happened to him in IW/Endgame was irrelevant. if you are going to set rules, It has to be applied everywhere.

As for Wonder Woman been R rated bloody. I disagree with that, Wonder Woman has acted bloody many times, here is one good example

And this movie was PG 13. I think some MCU fans need to stop trying to make violent and blood look like a wasteful awful thing to watch as a way to deflect that Marvel cannot handle this sort of adult content. it is making marvel weaker and more limited than DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Using an alternate version of WW from a timeline that is inherently darker and bleaker isn't really a good example. That's a version of the character that we don't want to see.
    The "Wonder Woman..." sub-forum can(and probably has...) address exactly why this is nowhere near a legitimate "Good Example..."

As for "Many Times..."?

As for Wonder Woman been R rated bloody. I disagree with that, Wonder Woman has acted bloody many times, here is one good example

Citation needed.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I don't think Wonder Woman was negated by the sequel, that is like saying Iron Man was negated by his sequels, so everything that happened to him in IW/Endgame was irrelevant. if you are going to set rules, It has to be applied everywhere.

[/B]
    Just because it was done before, doesn't mean it was good the first time around.

This is one of the most godawful takes on Wonder Woman, we don't need her to be brutal and bloody if this misogynistic stuff is the end result.

To each their own...but I have no desire to re-watch any DCEU movie that's come out so far. And I have re-watched (many times) all the MCU movies except Black Panther.

Nah, GL doesn't capture the spirit of Hal Jordan remotely. It actually set him back considerably since it depicted him in a way that gave fuel to the people who already disliked him and turned off those that do.

At least the first WW captured the spirit of her character FAR better than that did with Hal.

Nah, GL doesn't capture the spirit of Hal Jordan remotely. It actually set him back considerably since it depicted him in a way that gave fuel to the people who already disliked him and turned off those that do.
    I really think Ryan Renolds would have made a great Kyle Rayner, but you need more of a square jawed hero type for Hal.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Just because it was done before, doesn't mean it was good the first time around.

This is one of the most godawful takes on Wonder Woman, we don't need her to be brutal and bloody if this misogynistic stuff is the end result.

Never mind that it is utterly and completely divorced from any "Live Action..." DC release.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    "I don't lie about art of films. to the contary , "
    "cannot in good faith say, this looks better than Darkseid,"
    " but the film should have scaled back" Why?
    "he took the comics and the real world of filming into account" Once again you make so sense.
    "I may not know their opinons but I know their films to make an opinion." So what you really mean is "to make up their opinion" and try to sell that as fact.
    Just b/c you like the cgi for Thanos better doesn't objectively make it so.
    I thought Darkseid looked awesome, better than Thanos.

Ultimate Member

Really? Darkseid wasn't bad but lacked the human detail of Thanos IMO

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

So what was your take on Wandavision?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Really? Darkseid wasn't bad but lacked the human detail of Thanos IMO
    I thought the grey metal with molten lava from the communication device was very detailed and well done.
    I thought the detail for his stony skin was great.
    I thought he looked big and imposing, just the way he should be.
    I thought he moved fluidly during ancient battle and killing the GL.
    I thought it was very ominous and intimidating with Darkseid slowly walking up to Superman and putting his hand on Superman's shoulder in Cyborg's vision. The slow walk gave it a heavy weight and build up, I felt.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by tyusmax View Post
    I thought the grey metal with molten lava from the communication device was very detailed and well done.
    I thought the detail for his stony skin was great.
    I thought he looked big and imposing, just the way he should be.
    I thought he moved fluidly during ancient battle and killing the GL.
    I thought it was very ominous and intimidating with Darkseid slowly walking up to Superman and putting his hand on Superman's shoulder in Cyborg's vision. The slow walk gave it a heavy weight and build up, I felt.
    I can see that. Honestly we didn't have enough time with him. Hopefully we get more

It's better than Age of Ultron....but Endgame? Come on, that's just being absurd.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tyusmax View Post
    Just b/c you like the cgi for Thanos better doesn't objectively make it so.
    I thought Darkseid looked awesome, better than Thanos.
    Sure and I never said otherwise. Other not so much.
    Last edited by lowfyr; 04-15-2021 at 11:29 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Oh, what do you know; a scene from a movie that doesn't prove your point. (Tip; the excessive violence in that climax was to a narrative end; specifically how far Wonder Woman would go to save someone. The Snyderverse movies use excessive violence just because Snyder thinks it's cool and mature -- which is the exact opposite of mature storytelling, but who's keeping count?)
    How excessive is Snyder's violence? compared to the Nolan, Raimi or X-Men films? they all seem pretty the same to me.

Also the Snyder Cut is rated R. Logan and Deadpool were more violent films.

Snyder films only have excessive violence when you are comparing them to MCU movies.

The video proves my point. which was that Wonder Woman is a bloody fighter. there is nothing new with what Snyder did with her in the Cut. Even the most kid friendly DC animated series, alluded to this

Last edited by Castle; 04-16-2021 at 10:25 AM.